Boarding Time in Seward?

jayisgerman

Good Afternoon All,

I did a search to this several times, but could not locate any threads with the answer. Sorry if this is a duplication. :o

Our itinerary shows the Zaandam departing at 8:00 PM on May 24th from Seward. It shows her arriving at 6:00 AM that morning.

What time will we be allowed to check in/board? I realize things can always change, but I am looking for the best rough estimate.

Thank you all.

Thank you all. That is very helpful. Seems like it is the same boarding time we have had on all our past cruises. I just was not sure of it, because of the late evening departure. It will work out perfect then. We can check in and drop our luggage - go to the Mariners lunch (if they have it) - and then walk about town for a bit. Yeah... I am so excited. Thank you all again. :)

(Now back to my anatomy homework! :eek:)

A lot of the people who are in Anchorage pre-cruise arrive mid to late afternoon, explaining the late departure time, but as others have said the ship is ready for boarding about 11:30. Expect the ship to be pretty quiet until 4 or so.

Roy

A lot of the people who are in Anchorage pre-cruise arrive mid to late afternoon, explaining the late departure time, but as others have said the ship is ready for boarding about 11:30. Expect the ship to be pretty quiet until 4 or so.

Roy

Thank you Rafin. I am already so excited, and looking forward to my quick semester break in May even more than usual. Have a great day and thanks again for the info from all.

Thank you all. That is very helpful. Seems like it is the same boarding time we have had on all our past cruises. I just was not sure of it, because of the late evening departure. It will work out perfect then. We can check in and drop our luggage - go to the Mariners lunch (if they have it) - and then walk about town for a bit. Yeah... I am so excited. Thank you all again. :)

(Now back to my anatomy homework! :eek:)

They may or may not have the Mariners Lunch. As has been wisely noted, it is a pretty quiet ship until 3 or 4 pm.

However, do go and look, around noon, at both levels of the MDR, just to make sure about the Lunch. See if anyone is in there setting up. I hope you get lucky!

The main part of Seward is a good long walk in, about 30 minutes. You can go along the waterfront (scenery!) and back through the town (quaint).

Hope you will come back and do a review!