Best restaurant for anniversary dinner on Dawn

jasbo49

The salad bar is worth the charge. The meats on a stick are just a bonus.

I totally agree. In order of preferance; normally, Le Bistro is number 1, Modernos is second. After that we like the Asian restaurant on any NCL ship and Cagneys. Modernos is every bit as good as any Brazilian steak house we have tried on land. The hardest part, not to fill up on the salads.

I totally agree. In order of preferance; normally, Le Bistro is number 1, Modernos is second. After that we like the Asian restaurant on any NCL ship and Cagneys. Modernos is every bit as good as any Brazilian steak house we have tried on land. The hardest part, not to fill up on the salads.

I was dragged, reluctantly, to Moderno by the spousal unit.

I've felt the Brazilian Steakhouse concept was a niche for people on the Adkins Diet. The salad bar really makes it a go to place.

If you choose Cagney's maybe tell the hostess the day before you eat there that it's your anniversary and request a table overlooking the pool - you can see the water from there.

Enjoy your night and be sure to tell the staff you're celebrating your anniversary.

Unless they've changed it in the last 6 months, there are no tables in Cagney's overlooking the pool. The Star Bar overlooks the pool. Cagney's only has side windows, and windows to the atrium. I've read that they'll be moving Moderno into Star Bar during next year's dry dock.

Edited by cruiser1955a

We're back now, and I thought I'd report on our experience. We went to Le Bistro and each had a truly fantastic steak. I can't say the rest of the meal seemed that much better than the MDR, though. And the service was a split decision. While it was great for most of the meal, I had a heck of a time getting someone to bring me a cup of coffee after the main course.

I asked for coffee as soon as we were done, but didn't get it for about 20 minutes. They knew it was our anniversary (not sure how; we didn't tell them), and they brought out a special dessert along with a chorus of "Let Me Call You Sweetheart." That was really nice and made for a nice anniversary memory. Unfortunately, it took several more requests for me to get coffee, and the dessert was gone when it finally arrived. Kind of like getting your wine after you've eaten your dinner and just not what I expected in a venue known for its service.

We also went to Cagney's a few nights later. We were comped a specialty dinner because of some problems we had in our cabin. I liked the food there at least as well as Le Bistro, but it had a more casual feel.

I think for an anniversary dinner, Le Bistro was the best choice for us, but for another dinner, I think I might go for Cagney's.

Jim

Le Bistro for sure! we did the ultimate dining package on the last cruise we went on, we booked Cagney's twice since we thought it would be the best. We at at Cagneys the first night, then Le Bistro the second night. After we ate at Le Bistro we went to the reservations desk and asked for them to change our second Cagneys reservation to Le Bistro. It was dark outside most of the time when we ate, so not having windows at Le Bistro didn't bother us at all!

This is my first time on the Dawn, leaving on the 15th, so I can't compare to the other restaurants. However, I have been to the Brazilian style restaurants before and really like them. At only $20 this is a huge bargain. I don't know if you could find a Brazilian restaurant for under $35 anywhere in the US. I'm a huge carnivore so if the meat isn't the best of the best I'll be OK. Anyway, is it worth the $20 charge?

We had a terrible experience at Moderno. My wife only ate at the salad bar. We only had one waiter with meat come by our table (his meat was filet mignon wrapped in bacon) which was fine for me but my wife is allergic to pork. So she passed on it. After that one watier, no one else came to our table. We had purchased the ultimate dining package, so there wasn't any way they could comp us a meal or anything. We ended up going down to the MDR after we left since we were both very hungry still.

I love Le Bistro, and you can get a table in the wine cellar section. It's really fun, and you are not back in the deep interior.

That is exactly where we spent out 10th wedding anniversary! Great spot and we had the piano bar going nearby which made it really romantic.

We're back now, and I thought I'd report on our experience. We went to Le Bistro and each had a truly fantastic steak. I can't say the rest of the meal seemed that much better than the MDR, though. And the service was a split decision. While it was great for most of the meal, I had a heck of a time getting someone to bring me a cup of coffee after the main course.

I asked for coffee as soon as we were done, but didn't get it for about 20 minutes. They knew it was our anniversary (not sure how; we didn't tell them), and they brought out a special dessert along with a chorus of "Let Me Call You Sweetheart." That was really nice and made for a nice anniversary memory. Unfortunately, it took several more requests for me to get coffee, and the dessert was gone when it finally arrived. Kind of like getting your wine after you've eaten your dinner and just not what I expected in a venue known for its service.

We also went to Cagney's a few nights later. We were comped a specialty dinner because of some problems we had in our cabin. I liked the food there at least as well as Le Bistro, but it had a more casual feel.

I think for an anniversary dinner, Le Bistro was the best choice for us, but for another dinner, I think I might go for Cagney's.

Jim

Jim, thanks for reporting back. It is always good to hear how people feel after the experience. I will say, which I memtioned earlier we love Le Bistro but not so much on the Dawn. It might just be us, I don't know.