When to book?

ragethjj23

My wife and I are looking at our first cruise on ncl. We are looking at the 14 day sailing at the end of October 2016 out of Boston on the Norwegian dawn. If we purchased now we would get $200 obc. Should we book now or wait and see if there are better offers to come. Thanks in advance.

Its a crap shoot. IF you book now you can keep checking prices before final payment and cancel and rebook at the better price. You would, however, lose any promotion you got for the first booking.

IF you are flexible and can make any cruise port you can always book last minute and probably pick up a deal if the cruise isn't selling. You could also be out of luck and the ship be full.

Agree it is always a crap shoot. We just booked a last minute this coming week and got a great deal BUT we were waiting to book our March cruise and in the last week it has gone up by $600. If you don't grab it at the right time the rate can change unexpectedly. You can always book now and change your reservation prior to final payment. Also, if you want a particular cabin don't wait too long or it could be gone. We have decided that for the most part cabin type and location don't matter to us. We can go in an inside or a suite; it just depends when and how many cruises we want to take that year. If you are concerned about those types of things however IMHO its always better to plan in advance.

Hold off to see if you get better promotions or book and switch later on in life before final payment.

I booked my next NCL cruise about a year out. Final payment is not until next week. Today I changed booking and got my original OBC back (only promo at time offered) plus was able to upgrade to unlimited drinks and 7 nights of specialty restaurants for only $92 more for 3 people.''

They currently offer it on ocean view and above cabins and my cruise was listed to receive it, so I finally called and customer service was excellent at making the change.

I also booked a cruise way out, October 2016, but this months freestyle promotion and booking a suite, was too good a deal to pass up!!!! I will keep an eye on the prices but I have a long time to cancel if I need to and re-book, but this deal is so good, I doubt I will get a good enough price reduction to cause me to cancel these promos!

I always book at least a year in advance because I am pretty fussy about the cabin/suite I like......the Aft Haven suites are heavenly........

Leah