Elation boarding time?

ManyMore

We will be sailing from NO and I know most ships start boarding 11:30 or so. Does anyone know roughly what time they board so I can keep my husband away from seeing his sister boarding too?

Priority boarding should happen around 11 to 11:30 assuming that the last cruise's passengers get off timely. And then since the Elation is a fairly small ship, regular boarding should start about 20 minutes or so later. I was last off Elation in early December and it was so foggy that you could not see across the deck. But the ship was not delayed at all. They made an announcement that Elation's modern navigation equipment allows them to proceed safely in dense fog. And they don't close the port in NOLA for fog like they frequently do in Galveston. So hopefully everything will go smoothly for you. I will be boarding Elation again very soon. I hope you have a great cruise!

• 1 month later...

A Carnival agent told me that boarding begins at 1:30pm. I couldn't find it on the website, so I called. The agent told me that the times are listed in the cruise documents we get during online check in.

Edited by BunnyBread

A Carnival agent told me that boarding begins at 1:30pm. I couldn't find it on the website, so I called. The agent told me that the times are listed in the cruise documents we get during online check in.

I received an email saying 1:30 p.m. Boarding for VIP started at 11:30 a.m. and the first group of non-priority was called before 11:45 a.m. When we checked in, we were told rooms would be ready at 12:30, and they were. So, basically don't listen to the agent or the documents if you want to be on the ship sooner. They just want to spread out the guests.

Out of NOLA, the Elation generally begins priority boarding at 11:00-11:15, and the Dream begins 11:15-11:30. These are general times, however, and may change depending on when they can zero out the ship, etc.

If you are trying to keep hubby from seeing sis, I would arrange to arrive at different times. Either have her arrive early and get an early zone card (check-in begins around 10 in NOLA most of the time, though people are often there as early as 8:30-9:00), then you guys come in after boarding has gotten started and there's a good chance she has already boarded (ie. if she gets an early zone card, there's a good chance she'll be on by 12, so you'll be safe to enter) - or, vice versa.

Good luck!

• 1 month later...

Where is the best place to park that is close to the port? Should my husband drop me off with the luggage, and walk back to meet me, or is it close enough that we could walk from parking with our bags to the port?

Where is the best place to park that is close to the port? Should my husband drop me off with the luggage, and walk back to meet me, or is it close enough that we could walk from parking with our bags to the port?

There is a parking garage that has a shuttle to bring you to the port when my husband and I cruised last year that is what we did. It was $10 day not bad at all.

There is a parking garage that has a shuttle to bring you to the port when my husband and I cruised last year that is what we did. It was $10 day not bad at all.

Thanks Edaigle1977 - I was getting ready to search for posts that shared port parking options out of NOLA :D

• 2 weeks later...

Just was on Elation last week and thought 130 was the boarding time. Due to weather we went right to the port at 11-1130 instead of a quick visit to the French Qtr. We went right thru processing and were on board around 1230ish.

We have always boarded the ELation in NOLA between 11:15 and 11:45, just depending on the number we were assigned during the check in. The earlier we arrive the earlier we've been onboard. We always use Fulton Parking and their shuttle gets you there and back quickly. Never a problem and they are cheaper than parking at the terminal.

I always use Fulton Place. They are $8 per day and they will shuttle you and your luggage to the port and back. It is $16 per day parking at the Port.

• 3 weeks later...

Will Fulton's shuttle take the entire family or just the driver. We are booked there in July and have seen that the limit to 2 people but we are a family of 4 and would kind of prefer to not have to drop off at the port first.