BOGO Pricing and Singles

Kellie Poodle

Not in my experience, at least. Royal Caribbean's current sale, for example, doesn't discount the single supplement for any of the cruises I've tried to book. Yes, this means it's cheaper to go with someone else than alone.

If there is a cruise with pricing that has half-off for the second person in the cabin, will this result in only a 50% single supplement?

Janet - you have to price them. It's all "funny money". Basically the price ends up being the same as the price two people would pay.

Let's say they say the first person is $1000. The price for the 2nd person with half off is $500. Two people pay $1500. A solo also pays $1500. Final price is slightly different because of port taxes.

Don't get hung up on the "supplement". If it's a cruise you like and a price you like, book it. The last year or two I have done much better booking cruises either when they first came out or after final payment.

Let's say they say the first person is $1000. The price for the 2nd person with half off is $500. Two people pay $1500. A solo also pays $1500. Final price is slightly different because of port taxes.

Not necessarily. I, too, checked out the current Royal Caribbean sale and the price for 1 person in your scenario above would have been $2,000. Makes no sense to me, but neither does the entire system :)

I do agree with not worrying about the supplement. It's the bottom line price that matters. It's just hard to know what that would be just by looking at the ads. Gotta go through at least the mock booking process.