I thought I heard everything

david_sobe

Some of my favorites through the years:

1. The incredible butt-hurt about "improper" cream for scones. For Pete's Sake, just eat.

2. The folk whose tastes are so refined they bring their own little bottle of maple syrup on board, lest they have to make do with the fake stuff for a week. Again, FPS, just eat.

3. The whackos everywhere who want to bring their own t.p. onto the ship. Who cares if the plumbing system gets bunged up so long as their delicate nether regions are comfy?

I actually agree with the carpet comment. I thought it was so uncomfortable, I had to ask my room steward to carry me around the ship. That's when the problems really started. I am not a small person, and he dropped me. Twice. So, I had to crawl to Guest Services to have the mandatory required unfair gratuities reduced. That's when I realized - there are no chairs in the hallways, in case you need to rest between steps. This is intolerable. Do I have to try to get an upgrade to get someone who could carry me around successfully? Who do I have to yell at to get chairs put all the way down the halls?

:D:p:):D

On one of our Regent cruises, we heard a guest complain that her Mojito was "just too cold". The bartender brought the drink back behind the bar and said, "What should I do? Put it on a coffee warmer?" Some folks really are wack!

We should start a sweepstake as to who will start a comparison thread about cruise lines' carpet thickness. I can just see the cheerleaders on their hands and knees checking out the thread count and thickness of the carpets on their favoured lines.

What next - the patterns on the carpet caused a migraine? The carpet colour clashed with my clothes?

I could be the ambassador of carpet inspector as I use to work for Shaw Industries. Yes I actually ran the machine that made the carpet and inspected it, along with fixing any issues for 8 years. Can I get a job going on free cruises to assess the issue with the carpet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NCL will read reviews about the carpeting and give the people what they want.

They will call it the UCP. All hallways with split carpeting. One side with 2" foam cushion underneath. For only $6.00 per person per day you can have the Ultimate Carpet Package and get to walk on the cushy carpet for the whole cruise.

They will call it the UCP. All hallways with split carpeting. One side with 2" foam cushion underneath. For only $6.00 per person per day you can have the Ultimate Carpet Package and get to walk on the cushy carpet for the whole cruise.

Nice! :)

Am I the only one that loves to read entertaining reviews where everything is horrible? And I don't say that to be funny or sarcastic....I just love reading them.

There is another one put up today "where do I start....we were never given a wash cloth in our cabin and had to use a towel." OMG now THAT is a tragedy of epic proportions. But the best part was the irony part about smoking. The writer stated he/she printed out NCL's smoking policy and took it with them on the ship. They complained the cleaning crew used some sort of cleaner that aggravated their throats. But when their cabin attendant told them they were not allowed to smoke on the balcony it was the final straw.

Hmmmmm..... you worry about a cleaning product smell bothering your throat? What about the cigarettes you are smoking on your balcony? You don't think those are much worse for your throat and health than the fragrance from the bathroom cleaner?

I just get a kick out of the lousy reasons to hate a cruise. When you have to stoop to the hard carpet and cleaning smell....... Its so funny! :)

Edited by david_sobe

We have been on three cruises so far, 2 with Royal Caribbean and one with Princess. None of these cruises gave us cause for complaint. Who should I complain to?

Sailing on the Spirit Feb 24 out of Barcelona.

Sent from my IPad using technology I don't fully understand:confused:

i understand your point. I was suggesting that a person doesn't have to directly correct other people...simply post the factual information in their own review.

When enough reviews contain the truth, those who "embellish" will stand out like a butler lover.

We'd most likely end up with more reviews if people didn't feel like they had to defend their opinions all the time.

;) :)

Am I the only one that loves to read entertaining reviews where everything is horrible? And I don't say that to be funny or sarcastic....I just love reading them.

There is another one put up today "where do I start....we were never given a wash cloth in our cabin and had to use a towel." OMG now THAT is a tragedy of epic proportions. But the best part was the irony part about smoking. The writer stated he/she printed out NCL's smoking policy and took it with them on the ship. They complained the cleaning crew used some sort of cleaner that aggravated their throats. But when their cabin attendant told them they were not allowed to smoke on the balcony it was the final straw.

Hmmmmm..... you worry about a cleaning product smell bothering your throat? What about the cigarettes you are smoking on your balcony? You don't think those are much worse for your throat and health than the fragrance from the bathroom cleaner?

I just get a kick out of the lousy reasons to hate a cruise. When you have to stoop to the hard carpet and cleaning smell....... Its so funny! :)

I'm with you, David; I love reading something to make me laugh during my lunchtime perusal of the boards! :D

OMG! That is too funny! The reviewer apparently doesn't realize that shin splints are caused by not having proper arch support - it has nothing to do with padded or not padded carpet. She needs hard shoe inserts for her arches and a supportive shoe to correct the problem. Padding actually makes the problem worse.

OMG! That is too funny! The reviewer apparently doesn't realize that shin splints are caused by not having proper arch support - it has nothing to do with padded or not padded carpet. She needs hard shoe inserts for her arches and a supportive shoe to correct the problem. Padding actually makes the problem worse.

I was thinking the same thing.

And let's just say......DH and I like to hold hands as we walk....so either he or I will be walking on carpet that's not cushy.........even though BOTH of us have paid the UCP.......cos let's face it, NCL will insist that ALL people in the same cabin buy the package.......who shall I complain to in order to get it taken off our bill?

Seriously, that made me splurt my cup of tea over the lap-top, VERY funny!

This whole thread has made me chuckle.....well done to the OP for a good giggle! :D

Thank you..thank you..thank you ...for starting this thread and all of you who posted with some of the funniest remarks I read all day. I was laughing so hard I had tears coming out of eyes! :D

Do a search for 'omelet hogs' on the NCL boards.

I'm not a man. Just a hilarious woman =) Shin splints are horrible and because I know I get them from time to time, I plan accordingly. Shoes are an important part of that. My last cruise, I fell down a flight of stairs. I did not blame the carpet or stairs, I blamed the fact that I was wearing flip flops and I didn't give a bad review of my cruise because of my fall. Just not worth ruining your experience. But then again, I'm an easy going woman. Not man.