What did you do in Pago Pago for the day??

We went to Pago Pago in September 2013, when we went there; we just went with a local in one of those open air buses, who took us around some of the island.

We ended up having a swim at Utulei Beach and then going to a bar nearby (I think it was called Goat Island Café).

We are now going back to Pago Pago in Feb 2015, and I was wondering what did you do in Pago Pago for the day?

Also has anyone been to $2 beach or one other the others?, if so how did you get back to the ship?? :)

We did a ships tour (RC Rhapsody) where they took us on a local village bus with AC (it had windows :)) for a 1/2 day tour. There were dozens of buses lined up for the tours.

Our guide and driver were really good & the trip included a cultural display & light lunch & a pit stop at the golf club - drink prices were very low :). After getting back to the pier we did some shopping at the market stall set up there. Good experience.

We did a ship tour and it stopped at $2 beach on the way back. The beach isn't anything super special, but is nice enough. There is a little bar on the beach which was nice to have a cool drink at. There was a cultural dance while we were there that was organised for the tour bus. It had an annoying, loud, crass woman commentating with a megaphone and trying to drum up tips for the young girls dancing, of which she was taking a cut. It was uncomfortable. Would have been a much nicer experience without that aspect, so I would try to get there privately if you are planning on going to $2 beach.

• 2 weeks later...
Thank You Everyone for your replays and information :D

We hooked up with Tisa (tisa's barefoot bar) for a fantastic day. She had a group of us on a small bus for a tour around some of the island attractions, then lunch and afternoon at the bar. this included lunch, with snorkelling straight off the beach behind the bar. Fabulous day and well worth doing.

Sent from my iPad using Forums