New to RCL Suite question on Quantum

BILLP1

We usually sail with Celebrity and book a suite . We like the additional space and the benefits we get on Celebrity We can dine in the Aqua restaurant and in May there will be a new dining room for suites only. Room service is included for any meal including a very nice breakfast menu.

Are there any advantages to booking a suite on Quantum or are we just getting the additional space?

We usually sail with Celebrity and book a suite . We like the additional space and the benefits we get on Celebrity We can dine in the Aqua restaurant and in May there will be a new dining room for suites only. Room service is included for any meal including a very nice breakfast menu.

Are there any advantages to booking a suite on Quantum or are we just getting the additional space?

Here are the suite perks:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/contentWithHero.do?pagename=enhanced_program_for_suite_guests

Additionally, on Quantum, you will have access to the Coastal Kitchen restaurant.

Also, room service food items are all free for suites, even those that normally have a charge. (I think you are still charged for drinks.)

Because of dynamic dining, you can choose food from any of the 5 free restaurants (american icon, chic, the grande, silk, and coastal kitchen) for room service dinner. Now that devinly decadence is free, maybe from there, too, but i'm not sure, as it was a for-fee restaurant when i sailed. I also heard you can order from the for-fee restaurants and you will just pay the cover charge, but we didn't try it.

We had a suites and pinnacle reception with a bunch of officers that was very nice.

Sometimes the concierge can get you a free tour of the bridge, galley, or theater. We didn't ask as we did a behind the scenes tour that covered all of these areas and then some.

If you're going to labadee, there is a private beach just for suite guests that is nice and relatively uncrowded, and has an upgraded buffet. there are also cabanas on this beach that the concierge can reserve for you at a fee.

Honestly, with dynamic dining, the concierges are worth their weight in gold. Anytime we needed to add or change a dining reservation, the concierge did it for us, and we had no problems. Made for a hassle-free dining experience.

To be honest, we cruise in suites for the room itself, and the perks are just gravy, but we felt it to be worth the extra price on quantum for the dining flexibility alone.

I have booked a Grand Suite in June. I know one of the perks is breakfast and lunch in one of the specialty restaurants. My grown kids are in balcony cabins. Will they be allowed to eat with me in those areas?

Every ship is different, but they normally want everyone to have a gold SeaPass card to get in.

Edited by clarea

Also, room service food items are all free for suites, even those that normally have a charge. (I think you are still charged for drinks.)

Because of dynamic dining, you can choose food from any of the 5 free restaurants (american icon, chic, the grande, silk, and coastal kitchen) for room service dinner. Now that devinly decadence is free, maybe from there, too, but i'm not sure, as it was a for-fee restaurant when i sailed. I also heard you can order from the for-fee restaurants and you will just pay the cover charge, but we didn't try it.

We had a suites and pinnacle reception with a bunch of officers that was very nice.

Sometimes the concierge can get you a free tour of the bridge, galley, or theater. We didn't ask as we did a behind the scenes tour that covered all of these areas and then some.

If you're going to labadee, there is a private beach just for suite guests that is nice and relatively uncrowded, and has an upgraded buffet. there are also cabanas on this beach that the concierge can reserve for you at a fee.

Honestly, with dynamic dining, the concierges are worth their weight in gold. Anytime we needed to add or change a dining reservation, the concierge did it for us, and we had no problems. Made for a hassle-free dining experience.

To be honest, we cruise in suites for the room itself, and the perks are just gravy, but we felt it to be worth the extra price on quantum for the dining flexibility alone.

Do you still need to stay in line for dining/bumper cars etc with Gold card?

I have booked a Grand Suite in June. I know one of the perks is breakfast and lunch in one of the specialty restaurants. My grown kids are in balcony cabins. Will they be allowed to eat with me in those areas?

Probably not but you can certainly eat with them in other venues. It's really not fair especially in limited space venues for those entitled to a perk to bring along family and friends who are not. This is spoken by one whose adult children do not sail in suites or have our C&A level. We never ask for them to be included where they do not belong.

Do you still need to stay in line for dining/bumper cars etc with Gold card?

When we were on the Oasis in 2012 we did MTD but didn't book times and the concierge in the lounge told us to go to the front of the line and show our gold card. We were priority seated but I don't know if this has changed.

Edit - this was Oasis sorry not Quantum.

Edited by Parramatta
Quantum specific question and I did not notice

When we were on the Oasis in 2012 we did MTD but didn't book times and the concierge in the lounge told us to go to the front of the line and show our gold card. We were priority seated but I don't know if this has changed.

Edit - this was Oasis sorry not Quantum.

That is exactly how I remeber happening on the Allure too. I was told they don't have that practice on the Quantum yet but was checking if that policy has changed.