Got a call tonight. Not for a direct upgrade but

ajee622

Carnival is politely asking you to move as you are 3 in a cabin that sleeps 4 .

They don't have to ask, if they are moving you to the same category or better.

Now is the time to ask for a upgrade . If not ,still take the OBC (surely won't be $700?) if the new location is the same category or better .

Edited by MCC retired

It's not a connecting. My wife said she thinks that might be why. I'm going to ask why because I think if I do decide to move then I at least deserve an honest explanation.

I'm honestly not thinking about the other family. If they booked it then they saw the availability. That's not my problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'm interested in hearing what the reason is.

If it's a family I doubt they have booked, they are TRYING to book. When you have younger children, depending on their ages, they must be directly across from you or within 3 rooms. If they are very young and directly across, you are keeping them from being able to book. If they need within 3 rooms Carnival will be calling other rooms around to offer them the deal they have offered you.

If the rooms are "basically the same" someone will bite.

I've been calling. No answer. I can understand the kid situation and maybe I'll be nice if they offer me more money. But they are literally offering me the same room on the other side of the ship so why wouldn't the other family take it.

I've been calling. No answer. I can understand the kid situation and maybe I'll be nice if they offer me more money. But they are literally offering me the same room on the other side of the ship so why wouldn't the other family take it.

The new room holds 4 as well? Can you check the availability of the interior across the hall from it? Or from the one you have now.

I'm really curious.

I am an avid cruiser- have been on 23 cruises since 2000

and no matter how much i try i can not book a quad cabin when there is only three of us.

How do you do that?

this new cabin is NOT a spa cabin. its a regular cat 8M

will you still get spa benifits if they move you?

Edited by serene56

I am literally asking myself the same question. Why, if there is another quad on the ship would it make sense to move you for this family? Why not just put them in this quad? If it's on the other side of the ship it's likely not a spa cabin and you better ask for more than $100 obc because I'm sure you wanted the spa passes and now you'll have to pay for them once on the ship. Your new ship won't include them.

and no matter how much i try i can not book a quad cabin when there is only three of us.

How do you do that?

If it is not a Cloud 9 Spa room, there will be no spa pass extended the the guest. Thanks serene56 for looking into the rooms!

OP, if you booked for the spa benefits, do not accept a downgrade from an 8S to an 8M. It isn't a comparable room. A comparable room is an 8S. Unless they goodwill the spa pass to you and an onboard credit you are happy with, continue to decline their offer. They can upgrade you to a junior suite or suite, but they will not downgrade you without your approval. For a couple, the spa pass would be $249. Your daughter would need to have purchased her own spa pass regardless to enjoy the benefits with you, as it is only for pax 1 and 2 of the stateroom.

Edited by Pixelate

How do you do that?

When we booked with the guy who usually calls us. I think everyone on here calls it the pvp or something. We just told him we liked having the Pullman for my daughter. It says on the cabin sleeps 3-4 so we are within the requirements for the room.

We would still get the spa benefits. It's literally the same room but just across the hallway. At least that's the way I'm interpreting it.

For clarity we are booked in room 11243. I believe they offered 11244. Is there a difference??

oh so you are not booked into a spa balcony.

that is really bizarre as its the same cabin on the other side of the ship.

not connecting-- nothing.

does sound like someone wants to book their kids and needs the room close by

you are losing nothing by moving you still get the upper bed

Edited by serene56

For clarity we are booked in room 11243. I believe they offered 11244. Is there a difference??

oh so you are not booked into a spa balcony.

that is really bizarre as its the same cabin on the other side of the ship.

not connecting-- nothing.

does sound like someone wants to book their kids and needs the room close by

you are losing nothing by moving you still get the upper bed

They are both categories 8P and considered a Spa Balcony. OP would not lose his spa benefits. The staterooms are identical. This is the case of a family trying to book within three staterooms. As they are both the same category, it is odd that they even bothered to contact you and offer compensation.

bfba9565b1a94f6686823e623a0f81ef.png

Except for port/starboard it is the same room. I think it is safe to assume that the stateroom you have booked is wanted by someone that would like to or must book next to or across from someone else.

To those that say they can't move OP or if it were them they would never sail Carnival again, read the contract. Other have posted it.

And to OP, Karma. Think about years down the road when DD want to be next door to you with her significant other and there isn't any availability..........

$100 OBC is fair IMHO. You are getting the exact same room so I'm not sure what the big stink is. I would be more than happy to switch. Think of it this way - if you don't, you may have some unsupervised kids running down your side of the hallway or some strange phone calls or knocks on the door at all hours of the night just for being stubborn.

Don't be a jerk - switch.

$100 OBC is fair IMHO. You are getting the exact same room so I'm not sure what the big stink is. I would be more than happy to switch. Think of it this way - if you don't, you may have some unsupervised kids running down your side of the hallway or some strange phone calls or knocks on the door at all hours of the night just for being stubborn.

Don't be a jerk - switch.

Wouldn't those passengers who want that room be as you described, a "jerk," if they were to perform such actions against another guest?

I think "jerk" is harsh...

Also it's difficult to suggest in my opinion that he has to move and if he doesn't "karma" will find him. I mean honestly, we don't know how long ago he booked. He didn't know he did something wrong when booking. He stated he booked a room that said it slept 3-4. Called the PVP the pvp honored the request of putting him in this room. I fail to see how the OP did anything wrong. He has 3 people, he is in the parameters for booking this room, he has 3. It's not like he booked with 2 in the room.

What if he picked this room a year in advance? Someone else comes along for an almost sold out ship and says they want that cabin so they can be near someone? No that's not right.

I mean I don't get to make an airline reservation and then call the airline and say well I really want this flight but I waited until the last minute to book my flight and now theres no seats and I can't sit in my desired location near my spouse. Please fix it.

This is ridiculous.

Wouldn't those passengers who want that room be as you described, a "jerk," if they were to perform such actions against another guest?

Absolutely they would be. But what can stop them from doing it?

However, I believe that if I were in that situation, I would look at the things that possibly could happen should I choose not to switch. The mere thought of unsupervised "little angels" being on the opposite side of the hallway from their parents would make it a non issue for me. If they were trying to downgrade me, then heck no I wouldn't move without proper compensation. But $100 and the same exact room is fair in my book. Carnival really didn't even need to ask them, they could have just done it.

Maybe the term "jerk" is a little harsh, but then again, so is wanting $700 for getting the same room and trying to justify it saying that DD wants the bunk bed, which she will clearly still have in the new room. So........

Edited by firemanbobswife

I mean I don't get to make an airline reservation and then call the airline and say well I really want this flight but I waited until the last minute to book my flight and now theres no seats and I can't sit in my desired location near my spouse. Please fix it.

This is ridiculous.

I would move if you asked me stating that you and your children/spouse are separated and wish to sit together for free. But then again, I'm a nice person. And if you gave me a bottle of wine (which airlines have been known to do in cases like this for nice, cooperating passengers) I would be grateful. Add a Benjamin on top of that and you would be my best friend!

Sounds like just another case of the op wanting more money. I don't see what the big deal is in moving. You still get the pullman you wanted. I am sure Carnival would not have called and asked if they did not need the room for families. And as others have stated that per the contract they could have just moved you. My goodness just do the right thing and move.

Here is the funny - I actually had the same room as OP booked for my Feb cruise and called and moved because I did not want to be in a Quad (solo here) and have an issue of being moved because of that.

I did understand where OP was coming from when they were being moved from a Quad with an upper for there DD to a room that did not have one. No where was the explanation of why they booked that room the side of the ship. So they were offered the same room, just opposite side of ship with OBC and wine and they decline and now are waiting out a better offer. Now that just sounds greedy to me :( but to each their own and if that is how they want to play oh well.

But if your really curious on why they want the room, give it to them and then when your on the ship strike up a conversation :)

Sounds like just another case of the op wanting more money. I don't see what the big deal is in moving. You still get the pullman you wanted. I am sure Carnival would not have called and asked if they did not need the room for families. And as others have stated that per the contract they could have just moved you. My goodness just do the right thing and move.

I think the op is a jerk along with a few other things that come to mind.

I like to think that karma will get him in the end. Every time something bad happens, I hope they think back to this and wonder.

There is no reason the change could not be made except greed. I hope carnival makes the change anyway and the op gets NOTHING.

God, I hate people like that.