1-2-3 question from D+ RCL

Hoopster95

Hey everyone,

Need some advice from you please... I'm looking really hard at the Infinity 2017 in South America. I've sailed on Connie once so I don't even know if I have a Capt Club number. I'm D+ on RCL. So here's my questions:

• What's my reciprocal status on X?
  • With a 10 port in 14 night cruise, is the 1-2-3 promo worth it? ie. Is the drink package a waste?
  • Is there any way to book without the promotion at all at a reduced price and pay as you go?
  • The OBC for concierge class is awesome ($600), but considering I'll have reciprocal status and a drink package under this offer, I assume my best is to spend this money for excursions (I normally prefer and arrange privates), or is there anything else worthwhile?

Thank you for any replies :)

Hey everyone,

Need some advice from you please... I'm looking really hard at the Infinity 2017 in South America. I've sailed on Connie once so I don't even know if I have a Capt Club number. I'm D+ on RCL. So here's my questions:

• What's my reciprocal status on X?
  • With a 10 port in 14 night cruise, is the 1-2-3 promo worth it? ie. Is the drink package a waste?
  • Is there any way to book without the promotion at all at a reduced price and pay as you go?
  • The OBC for concierge class is awesome ($600), but considering I'll have reciprocal status and a drink package under this offer, I assume my best is to spend this money for excursions (I normally prefer and arrange privates), or is there anything else worthwhile?

Thank you for any replies :)

You status on Celebrity is Elite, they don't transfer over anything higher. You will need to get a Captains Club number by either calling C@A or Captains Club, make sure it is associated with any reservation you make.

Only you can decide on whether the drink package is worth it, remember it also covers waters and fancy coffees as well as fresh juices at breakfast.

Just be warned that the major benefit of Concierge on the ship you are looking at is better cabins with bigger verandas. Many of the Concierge benefits are marketing fluff.

We are Royal Diamonds and found the Elite benefits on X to be superior to the RCCL's equivalent. The free dry-cleaning and bag of laundry (you may get two on that length of cruise) was fantastic. More internet minutes that we usually get.

We just booked a S1 on Summit for our 20 year and it included the Classic Drink Package - I wondered the same thing about not paying for it and getting a lower price but ended up being ok with it due to the water (bottles, great for port days, take a couple with you each day), juices in am (some smoothies), sodas and regular "classic" drinks, regular martinis, beer and wine for dinner. Definitely call and make sure you status reflects your D+ level and enjoy!

Everyone drinks differently,lol We had the (free)Classic Beverage pkg on our 2013 Med cruise...Very port intensive cruise with only 2 sea days! I drank (not just alcohol,lol) just for the sake of drinking as I had the pkg.....When I added up the bill at the end, it was pretty much what I would have spent if I had paid for the drink pkg on my own! So would not have been a huge savings..but was nice not to have a drink bill at the end of the cruise!

We are looking to ail this August..and it comes with the 1.2.3 Go promotion. Interestingly I have gotten very low quotes on Aqua class...but it does not come with the 1.2.3 GO promotion......so if 1 didnt drink much....and even adding in the other parts of the promotion, would have been cheaper to go with that TA

Keep in mind that the drink benefits for Elite and higher (your reciprocal level) are not as good as on RCI. Depending how many are onboard, you will either get three coupons per day or will be required to go to a certain lounge for your drinks. In that lounge, you will be limited to certain drinks only (which I think is similar to the Diamond Lounge as to type). And to be exact, it is actually not per day - the first night and the night of the Captains reception are excluded. The hours are also shorter than on RCI - if memory serves it only goes from 5-7.

Other benefits like internet minutes and laundry are great, but if you are used to the better RCI drink benefits, you need to adjust your expectations a bit.