ALLURE Coastal Kitchen ????

lisa70

Costal kitchen has yet to be constructed on Allure, it is on Oasis. If Allure gets the same dry dock treatment it won't exsist until May of this year. We all know how consistant RC is, so will Allure have it too???

They have yet to release drydock plans that I am aware of, However I would be surprised if the CK and SL would not be installed in the old VCL.

Edit: Bob is so quick I don't know why I bother to answer. :D

Edited by A&L_Ont

A few questions...

-When is the drydock scheduled?

-We are booked for March 2016, assuming DD will be in place by then?

-Is the show changing after drydock?

-Will secret balconies be gone after drydock?

Thanks!

what is a secret balcony :confused::confused: ????????????

if it is a secret, how do you know it exists ??? :confused: and even more, how can you book something that is a secret ??????????:confused::confused:

and if it is secret, how did you find out about it ?????????????????????

Webster says--

-se·cret

ˈsēkrit/

adjective

adjective: secret

not known or seen or not meant to be known or seen by others.

Edited by phish tales

A few questions...

Thanks!

The dry dock is scheduled for April/May of this year so you will know of all the changes long on advance.

If Allure follows what was done on Oasis then the show will change, secret balconies will be gone and they will still be trying to work the kinks out of DD.

A few questions...

Thanks!

I believe the dry dock is in April/May 2015.

what is a secret balcony :confused::confused: ????????????

if it is a secret, how do you know it exists ??? :confused: and even more, how can you book something that is a secret ??????????:confused::confused:

and if it is secret, how did you find out about it ?????????????????????

Webster says--

-se·cret

ˈsēkrit/

adjective

adjective: secret

not known or seen or not meant to be known or seen by others.

Well...they aren't technically a secret, but they are public balconies at the aft of some of the decks that overlook the aqua theatre. They are accessed at the end of a passenger cabin hallway, and not many people know they're there, so lots of Cruise Critic people refer to them as secret balconies.

So you don't book them, but they are a good spot to watch sailaway/aqua shows.

Now shhhh!

Well...they aren't technically a secret, but they are public balconies at the aft of some of the decks that overlook the aqua theatre. They are accessed at the end of a passenger cabin hallway, and not many people know they're there, so lots of Cruise Critic people refer to them as secret balconies.

So you don't book them, but they are a good spot to watch sailaway/aqua shows.

Now shhhh!

you answered my question.

so there are no secret balconies only some that are not so well known.

thanks again..

I don't believe Coastal Kitchen will be installed on Allure until dry dock later this year.

We are booked in a JS sailing out of Barcelona for May 19, 2015 and were told we would be the first sailing after Dry Dock. There 's been so much talk about the DD, The Coastal Kitchen, the change in shows, etc., that I'm wondering what we are in store for and thinking we very well may not know until we get on the ship! There's a lot of mixed information out there ... guess we'll have to just wait and see! :) Would RCCI let booked passengers know ahead of time what to expect and if so, how would they do that? You guys seem to be very much 'in the know'!! LOL! :) I remember a thread a while back showing the progress of a ship (can't remember which one right now) while in Dry Dock .... would be nice to have that to at least look at. Sort of a different type of anticipation on this cruise I guess! :)

We are booked in a JS sailing out of Barcelona for May 19, 2015 and were told we would be the first sailing after Dry Dock. There 's been so much talk about the DD, The Coastal Kitchen, the change in shows, etc., that I'm wondering what we are in store for and thinking we very well may not know until we get on the ship! There's a lot of mixed information out there ... guess we'll have to just wait and see! :) Would RCCI let booked passengers know ahead of time what to expect and if so, how would they do that? You guys seem to be very much 'in the know'!! LOL! :) I remember a thread a while back showing the progress of a ship (can't remember which one right now) while in Dry Dock .... would be nice to have that to at least look at. Sort of a different type of anticipation on this cruise I guess! :)

If they do Allure like Oasis, Coastal Kitchen won't be completed until a few weeks after dry dock.

If they do Allure like Oasis, Coastal Kitchen won't be completed until a few weeks after dry dock.

So they actually do 'construction' while sailing? That will be interesting! :)

So they actually do 'construction' while sailing? That will be interesting! :)

It's not uncommon for some work to continue after dry dock.

Maybe since they have just finished Oasis, they will have things better organized for Allure.

Edited by clarea

It's not uncommon for some work to continue after dry dock.

Maybe since they have just finished Oasis, they will have things better organized for Allure.

Interesting ... I've not seen that. Thanx for the info! :)

Sadly if you are in a JS you can't eat there. On Oasis, it was for GS and up. They might change their policy, but I doubt it.

We are in a JS on May 28th out of Rome, and are looking to snag at least a GS prior to sailing.

[quote name= We all know how consistant RC is, so will Allure have it too???

They have yet to release drydock plans that I am aware of, However I would be surprised if the CK and SL would not be installed in the old VCL.

[/quote]

I asked 2 different reps in the Guatemala office if Coastal Kitchen would be a facility we could use, as we are sailing in June. The first person said that he couldn't tell me anything about Coastal Kitchen and we would just have to wait and see because there were problems with DD and nobody knew what that would mean for Coastal Kitchen. The second said "Probably, I think yes, but I can't be sure"

I sent an email over a week ago asking for clarification, but no response so far.

I don't think it's unreasonable to expect a clear answer :confused:

I asked 2 different reps in the Guatemala office if Coastal Kitchen would be a facility we could use, as we are sailing in June. The first person said that he couldn't tell me anything about Coastal Kitchen and we would just have to wait and see because there were problems with DD and nobody knew what that would mean for Coastal Kitchen. The second said "Probably, I think yes, but I can't be sure"

I sent an email over a week ago asking for clarification, but no response so far.

if CK on the other ships follows the pattern of the Quantum, it will be for gold colored sea pass card holders only.. breakfast, lunch and dinner...

On Oasis it was for only full suite and Pinnacle members. If Allure gets it I do not know why it wouldnt be the same, as they are the same class of ship. I hate to say it but CC members are sometimes more relaible than the phone reps. DD has yet to roll out on Oasis, so I do not know why there is an issue with it unless your question is Quantum related. I have only intended my comments to the Oasis class of ship.

I can't speak for Quantum as I am not familar with that class of ship.

Edited by A&L_Ont

On Oasis it was for only full suite and Pinnacle members. If Allure gets it I do not know why it wouldnt be the same, as they are the same class of ship. I hate to say it but CC members are sometimes more relaible than the phone reps. DD has yet to roll out on Oasis, so I do not know why there is an issue with it unless your question is Quantum related. I have only intended my comments to the Oasis class of ship.

I can't speak for Quantum as I am not familar with that class of ship.

My question was relating to Allure, as it was Allure the OP was asking about. We will be in a suite in Allure after dry dock, and one of the things we took into consideration when booking was that we would be able to have meals in Coastal Kitchen. Now, because of the delay in implementing DD, I have been told that Coastal Kitchen may, or may not, be open for suite guests after dry dock. I'm just trying to get an answer from RCI, but getting nowhere.

My question was relating to Allure, as it was Allure the OP was asking about. We will be in a suite in Allure after dry dock, and one of the things we took into consideration when booking was that we would be able to have meals in Coastal Kitchen. Now, because of the delay in implementing DD, I have been told that Coastal Kitchen may, or may not, be open for suite guests after dry dock. I'm just trying to get an answer from RCI, but getting nowhere.

I think you will have to wait till closer to dry dock or after. No one on here can answer this, only speculate. The deck plans go out to 16 but don't show anything new, keep an eye on them. Rci is not going to give you any info until that info is ready to be made public

Edited by setsail

My question was relating to Allure, as it was Allure the OP was asking about. We will be in a suite in Allure after dry dock, and one of the things we took into consideration when booking was that we would be able to have meals in Coastal Kitchen.

I understand that you would like this [the CK] and it would then matter what ship you choose, but, Royal has never, to my knowledge guaranteed anything during dry dock from very far out. Heck- no one even knows what's happening exactly to Freedom and it IS In dry dock now!!:eek:

If this was the main, number one thing I wanted on a sailing [and totally get it;)] I just don't think I would of booked this ship yet.

Edited by Debde

OK, now that get the the it. When we sailed on Oasis the was close to a month after dry dock. We were the first cruise who had option of meals throughout the day all week.

We sail on Allure May 28th, shortly after dry dock. What is your sailing date? If it is after ours and I can let you know here on the boards if the CK is open and to what level.

We sailed on the Oasis 01-10-2015. We were also on the first cruise after the Trans-Atlantic 10-25-2014.

On our 10-2014 cruise Coastal Kitchen was not open to order from a menu. It did not open until November 08, 2014 for ordering from a menu. Free drinks were served in the Coastal Kitchen from 11:00 AM until 11:30 PM. However, on our January 2015 cruise free drinks were only served for 5:00 to 8:30 in the evening.

Coastal Kitchen is only opened on sea days for ordering from a menu for lunch. It is closed for lunch on port days. They did allow Junior Suites to make reservations for dinner only if space was available.