Princess food

Boatingmom

I'm lactose intolerant, so the dessert cakes were some of the best I've had on the Emerald. They were so good that my non-lactose intolerant family even wanted them.

Only disappointment was finding out it was from a mix instead of a recipe. I was told it was the only way to ensure that it was lactose free.

So, which mix was it? Did they doctor it up somehow?

On our last 3 day cruise on the Golden there were these buttery, seeded puff pastry spirals in the bread basket.

At the IC, I am addicted to the muesli cereal with cream. Greek salad, shrimp salad, and chicken salad!

The peanut butter cookies at the buffet. Just about everything on German night at the buffet. The salad bar - incredible.

The pizza with artichoke, anchovy, and olives - so good!

Nutella and mint chocolate chip ice cream in the dining room. Pasta arrabbiata made table side.

Princess makes a great pizza, no doubt about it. A MUST TRY ! I haven't had a bad meal yet on Princess, in all of the years we've been cruising with them. And yes, the Escargot is great. Definately going for the Goat Cheese Soufflé this time out. We sail in a little over 3 weeks [emoji568]

We've been cruising the last couple of years on RCI. Couldn't resist Freedom and Oasis. Now we're back on Princess. One thing, though. On the RCI board, there are almost always threads with menus. I can't find any on Princess. Somebody please show us menus, even if they're not for my cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Shrimp Diane sounds delicious! Is this in the MDR? Dinner, Lunch? I will be looking for it. Just realized I spend more time planning the meals than excursions. :o

Dinner in the MDR second night on Crown princess Mexico Riviera in Dec 2014. It can only be described as a plate of yumminess.

We've been cruising the last couple of years on RCI. Couldn't resist Freedom and Oasis. Now we're back on Princess. One thing, though. On the RCI board, there are almost always threads with menus. I can't find any on Princess. Somebody please show us menus, even if they're not for my cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

http://www.cruisefoods.com/index.php?ship=royal_princess&cat1=1&cat2=5

I attempted to reason with DH concerning the amt of food we consume on our cruise (in 9 DAYS!) and how we don't have to deny ourselves but can just eat smaller amts and share a plate from time to time and walk off what we do eat. His reply? "I'm going for the food, so no, I'm not sharing a plate or denying myself anything that I just paid $2000 for" :rolleyes: But I have to admit, all these dishes sound YUMMO!

Love, love, love the goat cheese souffle!!!

I'm going to have to try this! My only fear is not liking it and not eating it. The last time I didn't eat something on a cruise ship, the chef came to the table and asked me what was wrong with it :eek:

In addition to all of the delicious choices in the previous postings, I would have to add the yummy sorbets to the list. I also love the "floating islands". The eggplant parmesan, and the spinach salad with bacon and pinenuts (which are served on Italian Night) are other must haves for me.

There is another pasta in the MDR usually available once during a cruise. I can't remember the name of it, but it is some sort of pesto with green beans and red potatoes, it is fantastic! You can order an appetizer sized portion.

Hubby and I are both lactose intolerant too, but we discovered lactaid pills that allow us to eat dairy, within reasonable amounts, with none of the usual Ill affects or discomfort. That being said, I'll definitely be looking for dessert cakes you mentioned.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I've just recently have become lactose intolerant and was wondering about trying lactaid. Also you know know if they offer almond or soy milk?

There is another pasta in the MDR usually available once during a cruise. I can't remember the name of it, but it is some sort of pesto with green beans and red potatoes, it is fantastic! You can order an appetizer sized portion.

My daughter loves that stuff. Another good pasta is the spaghetti and meatballs (under a fancier name) which can also be gotten as an appetizer.

So, which mix was it? Did they doctor it up somehow?

Unfortunately, he never said. Btw, it was the head chef at the Chef's Table that I managed to ask about it. Perhaps I'll talk to the Maitre d' on my cruise in August.

Totally agree! It was really good. Even the appetizer sized portion was enough for a meal. YUM!

LuLu

I've just recently have become lactose intolerant and was wondering about trying lactaid. Also you know know if they offer almond or soy milk?

Lactaid and it's comparable items found in drug stores and Costco do help with lactose intolerance.

The one thing most people have trouble with, even with the pills, is ice cream.

One note about cheese that you may not know: Cheeses that are lactose free include goat's milk, sheep's milk, and anything aged over 6 months.

As for the milks that are offered, here is what I was told in the email response to my notification that I was lactose intolerant:

"The booking has been noted regarding being Lactose Intolerant, please

advise if you are in need of a milk substitute. I can arrange either

lactose-free milk, plain soy milk or plain rice milk. We do not carry

almond milk, coconut milk or goat milk."

The other great thing is you can order something like chocolate milk or hot chocolate and let them know you need lactose free milk. That's for any of the bars, too. It just takes them longer. Pina colada mix is also lactose free.

Fettucinni Alfredo, unfortunately, cannot be made lactose free on board. :-(

Edited by GreySkies
Add in info about cheese

Lactaid and it's comparable items found in drug stores and Costco do help with lactose intolerance.

The one thing most people have trouble with, even with the pills, is ice cream.

One note about cheese that you may not know: Cheeses that are lactose free include goat's milk, sheep's milk, and anything aged over 6 months.

As for the milks that are offered, here is what I was told in the email response to my notification that I was lactose intolerant:

"The booking has been noted regarding being Lactose Intolerant, please

advise if you are in need of a milk substitute. I can arrange either

lactose-free milk, plain soy milk or plain rice milk. We do not carry

almond milk, coconut milk or goat milk."

The other great thing is you can order something like chocolate milk or hot chocolate and let them know you need lactose free milk. That's for any of the bars, too. It just takes them longer. Pina colada mix is also lactose free.

Fettucinni Alfredo, unfortunately, cannot be made lactose free on board. :-(

Thank you so much, I have been curious but also was going to suffer through it to enjoy the food. Unfortunately I will have to skip the piña colada as I'm allergic to coconut :( taking a trip to Costco now :)