Ultimate Beverage Question

neptune18

No. I've done it before. As long as the bartender is willing, there is no electronic system that prevents it.
I agree that it's up to the bartender. If you're sitting alone at the bar and ask for a beer and a shot that are obviously both for you, they will probably be fine with that. If you ask for two piña coladas to take away, they will probably refuse (or they will ask for the other person's card to check for the sticker, and they may even want to see the other person, in person). Edited by hawkeyetlse

Choose a watering hole and on day one, use both of your cards for the first couple of drinks, spend some time engaging with the bartenders, and tip them in cash. I have found this simplifies everything.

Agree. This is always our plan of action and it works quite nicely.

We've actually done exactly what you're saying. We ordered some drink of the menu that we haven't tried. 2 sips in, we hated it. Asked for something else. Bartender made us something new (but he also poured out our first drink).

He didn't seem annoyed but then again, we had been using him as our bartender exclusively the whole cruise!

Choose a watering hole and on day one, use both of your cards for the first couple of drinks, spend some time engaging with the bartenders, and tip them in cash. I have found this simplifies everything.

Okay, so a bribe it is then!