Laptop to TV help

QMC(SW)

Some of the TV's are set up in what is called "Hotel Mode" which disables the other inputs.

However, this can be worked around. Usually you have to google the make and model of the tv and find the owners manual. It should have directions on how to disable the Hotel mode. Here's the catch, if you do this you should be courteous and save the direction on how to put it back on hotel mode so as not to render the TV useless for the next person who sails in your state room. Leave it the way you found it.

Depending on the length of cruise and Itinerary, I have very much enjoyed a movie or two in my room, or wanted to review my videos ect. Some times we have even ordered room service and an in room movie for a quiet night in to rest and relax after a few days of go go go.

Quite annoying to say the least & I won't start watching a movie if the movie has begun for 10 minutes.

Then you will like the TV system on Royal and Regal which is being expanded to the other ships.

You can start any movie (of the 100s available) from the beginning when you want. You can also stop it and resume from that point when you want to.

Then you will like the TV system on Royal and Regal which is being expanded to the other ships.

You can start any movie (of the 100s available) from the beginning when you want. You can also stop it and resume from that point when you want to.

Actually it's a little over 100 and if you eliminate the one's I've already seen and ones I don't care to see the list shrinks considerable.

It's still better than the older ships by all means.

Plus the fact that I now carry cables & connectors to match anything I might find in the Royal & Regal...I'll be set if I decide to sail the new ships again.

I'm going to bring a Mini Projector with me in March. So I can just Use the Wall to project movies on if I feel like streaming

You plan on streaming over the s...l...o...w Internet connection? Not only is the connection slow but streaming would be a major bandwidth hog that would affect everybody else's connection.

I admit we are a little old school and still haul a portable DVD player around with us. We take some movies we'd like to see, and some DVDs of a TV series we want to re-watch. We have always been able to hook the player up to our cabin TVs. Sometimes we get back to our cabin, having had enough shipboard activity and just want to unwind watching tv from the comfort of our bed.

I found this really valuable when I came down with a really bad cold on our Alaska cruise last year and had no desire to leave our cabin.

The player has also been invaluable in our pre and post cruise stays in non-English speaking countries when we wanted to watch tv.

• 4 weeks later...