Dinner Ideas in Ft. Lauderdale

Realblonde474

Yes, I probably need to worry about :D but suggestions near the airport/Port Everglades would be welcome. The hotel (Courtyard Ft. Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port) has a few listed (see below) but would a few ideas from y'all as well. FYI, we won't have a rental car.

Thanks!

Islamorada Fish Company

Tropical Acres Steakhouse

Rustic Inn Crabhouse

Islamorada Fish Company is located inside of Outdoor World which is a short walk from your hotel. Rustic Inn and Tropical Acres are further away and I'm certain you would need a taxi to get to those locations. If you are really looking for a variety of nice restaurants grab a cab over to 17th Street in Fort Lauderdale. There's Quarterdeck, Southport Raw Bar, Bimini Boatyard, and a bunch of others located within the same area. You definitely will find a place that suits your taste, price, and needs.

Rustic Inn is one of the best seafood places in Fort Lauderdale and I certainly would not pick anything on 17th Street over Rustic Inn. In particular not Kellys Landing, Bimini Boatyard, or Southport Raw Bar.

I would eat at Market 17 over the restaurants by the hotel.

The Las Olas area is a bit further away from you, but is the essence of what Fort Lauderdale is all about. It has beautiful atmosphere before or after dinner...browse shops, have appetizers, full dinners or just a glass of wine outdoors....most of the restaurants have patios overlooking the boulevard. You can dance/have a drink at one of the clubs or just sit on a bench and people watch with some yummy italian baked goodies, ice cream or yogurt. We love Las Olas.:) Lots of restaurants...some are pricier, but others are more reasonable. One of our favorite places is Timpanos: lovely retro feel with their live Starlight Lounge entertainment (usually jazz/standards) on most nights and the steamed mussels are amazing...it's their claim to fame.

Another excellent place is just off sunrise blvd on federal hwy: cafe vico....yummy Italian plus martini lounge. But pricey!