Alarm Clocks

Auburn04Cruiser

i enjoy not having to look at clocks while onboard, we use the wake up calls for getting up if we have to get up early.

How do you know when to be somewhere for some specific activity without a clock? I normally do not wear a watch, but I always buy a cheap one just for a cruise. I want to make sure I am where I need to be for the things I want to do. I don't worry about it for getting up in the morning. Just activities during the day and making sure I am back on the ship on time!

How do you know when to be somewhere for some specific activity without a clock? I normally do not wear a watch, but I always buy a cheap one just for a cruise. I want to make sure I am where I need to be for the things I want to do. I don't worry about it for getting up in the morning. Just activities during the day and making sure I am back on the ship on time!

EXACTLY!!! I am always on the hunt for that elusive 24 carat gold piece of ship on a stick! I need to know what time trivia and that stuff starts so I can continue the hunt! I have a watch that is in my "Cruise bag," along with that damn battery-operated alarm clock.

EXACTLY!!! I am always on the hunt for that elusive 24 carat gold piece of ship on a stick! I need to know what time trivia and that stuff starts so I can continue the hunt! I have a watch that is in my "Cruise bag," along with that damn battery-operated alarm clock.

Me too! I am on a mission in 2 weeks to bring home a ship on a stick this time! Do or Die! lol

I would take a small battery alarm clock to use in the cabin. I have had issues with the ship's wake up call not always being reliable. The same could be true for room service if they are running behind. I picked up a cheap one at the dollar store that is small but has a nice big display and has easy to use buttons.

I never wear a watch at home, but I use a clip on watch when I cruise. I clip it on my handbag, beach bag, or my bathing suit strap when laying out. They are fairly inexpensive and mine has been reliable for years. I consider this part of my essential cruising gear.

http://www.amazon.com/Copper-Color-Watch-Pocket-compass/dp/B004OZLN6C/ref=sr_1_11?s=apparel&ie=UTF8&qid=1422190880&sr=1-11&keywords=clip+on+watch

I always wear a watch, haven't turned myself over to the cell phone gods, but I still like to have a small alarm of some sort. Actually my cell phone goes off at 6:00 every morning, only because I don't know how to turn it off.

I can't remember from my past cruises if there are alarm clocks in the rooms. Can someone answer this for me?

No there are no alarm clocks in the room. I bring my travel alarm. You can set wake up calls using the phone in your room but a wake up call doesn't have a snooze button and I'm really addicted to my snooze button! :)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Forums mobile app

Edited by Jana60

I got an alarm clock at WalMart that plugs into the one plug in the cabin. The alarm clock has 2 additional plugs.

That's nice that it increases your plugins but my problem would be no snooze button that I could reach. My travel alarm is battery driven and I can reach the snooze alarm right next to my bed

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Forums mobile app

I wish we'd had clocks. I was always having to bug my husband about what time it was, but he of course just took it in stride. I agree with the poster who said it's frustrating not to have clocks easily accessible when everything is on a time frame...from food to activities to shops & ports.

As for the elusive Ship on a Stick...it pays to be married to a pop culture encyclopedia. After Day 2, we felt sorry for everyone else and stopped going to trivia. 3 Ships on a stick seemed ok, but a 4th would have just been greedy :cool: