Day tours in Melbourne and Hobart

Cruising on Voyager later this year and was wondering if any one has booked with any private companies in either of these ports. The one's that RCI offer don't quiet do what I would like. My other option is hire a car.

Thanks.

Just came back from a cruise that included Melbourne & Hobart.We didn't organise any tours but easily managed to do our own thing .Below is a brief summary which may help you with planning.

HOBART

Prearranged the hire of a car from Harrington st which is a 15min walk from the pier,took my own gps unit which took the navigation stress out.In the 8 hours we had the car we managed to visit the cadbury factory,Richmond,cascade brewery where we joined an historial street play to the female convict factory.I don't think I can promote individual providers but if you look on trip advisor it's the #1 attraction in Hobart.Well worth the walk &2 hours it took up.After that we had about an hour looking around Battery point,Salamanca before returning the car.

MELBOURNE

We purchased a myki card from the pier area & spend the day using the tram network.A myki visitors pack is $14 which includes $8 credit but if you stick to the centre of melbourne there is a free tram zone,outside that zone you have to use the myki.In about 6-7 hours we visited St Kilda,Fitzroy gardens,cook's cottage,federation square,flinders st,Queen Victoria Markets.They seem to have plenty of city ambassadors & volunteers with help if needed,even the locals were helpful.Only issue was myki card needed extra credit added due to the amount of travelling we did.I think we finished the day with no credit.

Hope that helps regards peter.