Transport ideas FLL airport to Miami hotel precruise??

Viklynn

Looking for suggestions on transportation from Ft Lauderdale airport to Miami hotel. We are coming in a couple days early before our cruise aboard the Splendor March 1st out of the Miami port, but flying into Ft Lauderdale (prices much better than to Miami) out of Wichita. What is the best in pricing and time, and is it better to take shuttle/taxi or rent a car? Thanks!!

Looking for suggestions on transportation from Ft Lauderdale airport to Miami hotel. We are coming in a couple days early before our cruise aboard the Splendor March 1st out of the Miami port, but flying into Ft Lauderdale (prices much better than to Miami) out of Wichita. What is the best in pricing and time, and is it better to take shuttle/taxi or rent a car? Thanks!!

I think it all depends upon what there is to do near your hotel. If you are looking for a shuttle, check out http://www.ridesas.com. If you are looking for a car budget is pretty good with their different promo codes.

If coming in a couple days early, I'm sure you'll enjoy the freedom of having the rental car. Go to mousesavers dot com and look up all the different codes for the rental car companies. To get the best rates, be patient and check them all. Find which rental car companies offer free shuttle to the port when you drop the car. Make your choice and enjoy.....

SAS transportation is $15 pp each way, for larger groups it goes down to $13.

SAS left us stranded at our FLL hotel. We had a confirmed reservation with them. They did NOT answer phone after they were a half hour late. we waited another half hour then had to find alternate transportation.

They never answered their phone

they never called us back ( they had our cell and we left the number again on their machine)

All this with a confirmed reservation.

SAS left us stranded at our FLL hotel. We had a confirmed reservation with them. They did NOT answer phone after they were a half hour late. we waited another half hour then had to find alternate transportation.

They never answered their phone

they never called us back ( they had our cell and we left the number again on their machine)

All this with a confirmed reservation.

I'm sorry to hear this. Was this recently?

I have always had great luck with them as well as many others but nobody is perfect and some how your reservation fell through the cracks.

I must say i wouldn't be too happy either.

Bill

We are using fg car services, http://www.fgcarservices.com/index.php very reasonable rates!

our flight gets in late so we are staying in fort lauderdale overnight, then on to miami in the morning. SAS would not pick us up at our hotel we would have to shuttle over to the airport in order to get a pick up from them.

When do you arrive? :confused: Options for transport to Miami become fewer and prices go up the later in the day you need transportation.

How many in your group? :confused: 3-4 travelling together a cab ($75-80) or Uber (?) may be a cheaper option than a shared shuttle from SAS, QLS, MJS or Go Airport.

A rental car is an inexpensive option, except most Miami and Miami Beach charge guests $25-30/day for parking. Where is your hotel? :confused:

A few more details and the suggestions from this board will be closer to your target.