Izumi Hibachi?

So I signed on to look at dining reservations for our Oasis sailing Feb 14 and noticed a new option for the Izumi Hibachi Experience. It was $0. Anybody have any info on this? Is it a la carte? I'm curious!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, all of Izumi is a la carte, but you have to reserve the hibachi experience specifically, because space is limited.

We called royal and talked to a rep. to get some info. They didn't have a clue about it. I guess royal doesn't give any training or info on this. We are sailing on Oasis in March. Online will only let us book a maximum of two guest.

Read here on the boards somewhere that the Izumi Hibachi will start on the March 2015 sailings. As I am interested in this too. For our August cruise.

The Hibachi started in November on the Oasis. We did it one night. We walked in the restaurant one day and reserved it for the next day. No cover charge, it's a la carte.

Edited by Yorkvillain

Just got off the Oasis 1/24 and hibachi is open. The meals are a la carte with chicken/beef meals at $25 and seafood/combo/double portion meals at $30. Includes soup or salad, edamame app, and dessert.

Our 6pm seating had two of the three tables full, but you do need to make a specific reservation as each table holds 8.

The hibachi experience is fun but I think many balk at the price given the many other options. The food itself was excellent. The appear to be still in the figure it out stage as the restaurant itself lacked the energy of NCL or mainland hibachi experiences. The specialty cocktails were also very good.

So I signed on to look at dining reservations for our Oasis sailing Feb 14 and noticed a new option for the Izumi Hibachi Experience. It was $0. Anybody have any info on this? Is it a la carte? I'm curious!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is a choice of price for the Hibachi $25 or $30 dollard depending on whether you prefer single or double meat so that is probably you weren't charged. The sushi side is also ala carte. The hibachi is a lot of food, 2 people can easily split one plate and maybe order a sushi as an appetizer. You can order sushi at the hibachi table as well. The cooking was a lot of fun and food was very good. I had the lobster/filet combo and it was delish. You should make reservations since there are only 3 grills. The sushi side is open for lunch, I'm not sure about the hibachi side.

We called royal and talked to a rep. to get some info. They didn't have a clue about it. I guess royal doesn't give any training or info on this. We are sailing on Oasis in March. Online will only let us book a maximum of two guest.

We had a party of 4 and each party booked separately but we went to the restaurant when we boarded and combined the reservations -- were even able to change the time to a different time. With hibachi, as long as you have reservations at the same time, I think you should be able to sit at the same table since each table seats 8. We didn't want to take that chance and stopped by to make sure.

Do all the ships with Izumi have hibachi? We're on Legend in April & don't do sushi but would enjoy the hibachi if it's available.

Izumi on Legend had the "Hot Rock" option. My DH doesn't do sushi or any fish/seafood but loves the "Hot Rock". They offered a seafood combo, chicken and filet combo or all beef combo. We've enjoyed it on several cruises.

at about 55 seconds are a description/picture of the Hot Rock.

Izumi on Legend had the "Hot Rock" option. My DH doesn't do sushi or any fish/seafood but loves the "Hot Rock". They offered a seafood combo, chicken and filet combo or all beef combo. We've enjoyed it on several cruises.

at about 55 seconds are a description/picture of the Hot Rock.

Thanks! That certainly looks like something we'd enjoy.

I just got off of the oasis and did done at the hibachi side of this restaurant. You can choose to just eat sushi on one side or eat hibachi on the other. The sushi side is ala cart.

It was good, but if I was going to do it again I would have just gone to Chops a second night. Because hibachi at home is around $25/person, so the value is not great.

My husband and I shared a sushi roll as well and it was excellent!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums