Nice silver/marchasite shops in San Juan, St. Thomas or Maarten?

Cinderellie

Does anyone know if there are any wonderful silver or marchasite shops in either San Juan, St. Thomas or St, Maarten? I love unique silver pieces, and especially vintage-looking marchasite. Coming to all 3 islands in April on the Grandeur of the Seas.

Your ideas welcome! Thanks!

All kinds of jewelry stores in all those ports. You should have no trouble finding what you want. If you don't see it, ask. I do all my jewelry shopping in St. Thomas. I've gotten some good deals there. And they do have sterling silver and I'm sure I saw marcasite too.

Have a great cruise. I am going to those ports next week. Can't wait.

Gwen :)

All kinds of jewelry stores in all those ports. You should have no trouble finding what you want. If you don't see it, ask. I do all my jewelry shopping in St. Thomas. I've gotten some good deals there. And they do have sterling silver and I'm sure I saw marcasite too.

Have a great cruise. I am going to those ports next week. Can't wait.

Let us know if you see good unique silver pieces, and which port you saw them. Thanks and have a great time!

Let us know if you see good unique silver pieces, and which port you saw them. Thanks and have a great time!

I'll check it out. There is one particular piece of jewelry I am hopefully buying in St. Thomas. It is a Crown and Anchor pendant w/diamonds. I had one, but unfortunately lost it on my last cruise. So sick about it. Hoping to replace it. It was white gold and expensive for me. My husband is replacing it for me. Such a nice gesture. He saw how upset I was when I discovered it missing. I just wish they had it in silver. Here is a picture of it. It is a little blurry. It is a little bigger than a nickel without the bail. Not very big in size, just in price.

IMG_14511.jpg

Maybe I will ask them if they have it in silver.....

Edited by cruzinlady1947

On Quantum now friends we are with both have the pendant and had it made at Imperial jeweled in St Thomas

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes, that is where I have it waiting for me. Hoping I can haggle with the price a little. The first one I bought was at another jewelers and I paid $25 more for theirs. With the price of gold a little lower now, I am hoping to have some bargaining power.;)

On Quantum now friends we are with both have the pendant and had it made at Imperial jeweled in St Thomas

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We bought our engagement ring there 25 years ago and have bought several other things over the years ( they will give you beers while you shop)

• 2 weeks later...

Most of the shops in these port towns feature gold and precious gems. Same stuff in each store. I love unique silver and vintage marchasite. Silver we can usually find. But it has to be a unique piece which has to "speak to me."

I will definitely look in St. Thomas!

Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...
Yes, that is where I have it waiting for me. Hoping I can haggle with the price a little. The first one I bought was at another jewelers and I paid $25 more for theirs. With the price of gold a little lower now, I am hoping to have some bargaining power.;)

Hi, Gwen. Did you see any unique silver or marcasite in these ports? I particularly love Judith Jack pieces.

Hi, Gwen. Did you see any unique silver or marcasite in these ports? I particularly love Judith Jack pieces.

Hi, I saw lots of silver jewelry, even in the high end jewelry stores. The silver is usually in the back of the stores. We spent most of our time in two stores in St. Thomas, both downtown. We were in Cardow and Imperial Jewelers. In St. Martin, downtown, we were in Kay's Fine Jewelry. Spent all our time in those stores. There were 6 of us and we were all looking for particular pieces, so not much time to look around. But, there is plenty of silver jewelry. You just have to ask where it is. Not sure about Judith Jack. Never heard of her. I heard of John Hardy and Judith Ripka, but not Judith Jack. I'll have to google that designer.

Most of the stores are jewelry stores, so I believe you will find something to your liking.

When we were in Kay's Fine Jewelers, my husband bought me a nice Ammolite silver pendant and our friends bought a ruby ring and the jeweler took us to a restaurant nearby (Barefoot Restaurant) located just off the dock where the water taxi takes you. He allowed all 6 of us order anything off the menu and paid for it. Really great service at both the jewelry store and restaurant. We even had a free alcoholic drink. I don't think they do that for everyone, but our friends have been dealing with them for years and talked them into treating all of us. You can be sure I will go back there again in the future.:p:D

Have fun shopping.........;)