Had to tell SOMEONE!

ediemarie

first time we've ever booked this far in advance, May 2016. Sailing on the Summit for the second time to Bermuda for the second time!!

i'll be reading the forum everyday between now and then looking for any and all info on the Summit.

we actually booked the same room as our trip in 2013! took advantage of the early booking, all 3 of the special deals. sure that has name but you know what I'm talking about. drink package, gratuities included and $300 OBC.

well, as the title says, I had to tell someone!

em

first time we've ever booked this far in advance, May 2016. Sailing on the Summit for the second time to Bermuda for the second time!!

i'll be reading the forum everyday between now and then looking for any and all info on the Summit.

we actually booked the same room as our trip in 2013! took advantage of the early booking, all 3 of the special deals. sure that has name but you know what I'm talking about. drink package, gratuities included and $300 OBC.

em

Perhaps you would like to see our extensive youtube videos for the SUMMIT For Oct 19 through Nov. 1, 2014

Good for you! Not to worry, we booked a 2017 cruise on Equinox that includes a Stop for 2 nights in New Orliens for Mari Gras :) we were late to the game and lucky to get a verandah and only select dining was available.

We booked that one the day it opened and everything above the reg balcony's were gone in two weeks.

em

We are also booked for May 2016. When in May are you going?

We jumped on board the same cruise as well in 2017 and we were able to get a Concierge with a balcony on the aft. We have friends in cabins on either side the ship should be in party mode every day of the cruise.

We figured the 2 nights 3 days in port during Mardi Gras just about pays for a third of the cost of the cruise if we were staying in a hotel.

Ship arrives Sunday and sails the evening of Fat Tuesday.

We are sailing out of Nola April 11th on Serenade and there is a music festival that weekend, hotels prices are double the standard rate that week.

Edited by baldercash

Perhaps you would like to see our extensive youtube videos for the SUMMIT For Oct 19 through Nov. 1, 2014

found myself rewinding so I could think, "yep, I sat right there" or "that's where I visited with that couple from....." this is gonna be a long wait I'm afraid.

em

em

We booked last March for this June. Special occasion wanted certain dates, tour... Thought it would never come but just 4 months now!

Enjoy the planning:)

We booked last March for this June. Special occasion wanted certain dates, tour... Thought it would never come but just 4 months now!

Enjoy the planning:)

I see that its an Alaskan cruise. we've been twice now. 1st cruise was on celebrity to Alaska. we loved it so much we took another with friends a few years later.

enjoy and safe travels - em

Good for you! Not to worry, we booked a 2017 cruise on Equinox that includes a Stop for 2 nights in New Orliens for Mari Gras :) we were late to the game and lucky to get a verandah and only select dining was available.

We have wait listed that cruise, hoping that TAs have blocked-booked many rooms they'll eventually give back into inventory. Fingers crossed. We have 2 in 2016 booked as well.

We don't usually book holidays much more than 6 months ahead but I saw a great deal on Panama Canal Nov 2015 last August and booked. Then I started casually looking at offers and we are now booked for Singapore to Sydney March 2016, both these with a US TA offering better price than =X= including classic bevs when this was not on offer in UK. More recently with =X= 123 offer in UK, booked Round the Horn March 2017 with C2 for same price as 2B (because of 123GO), then added Emirates and India for Christmas and New Year 2016 (DH doesn't know about this one yet:D) where I snagged a C1 aft for only £170pp more than 2C:D:D:D

When you see such good deals, it seems to me to be worth committing early, especially when booking under US rules with deposit fully refundable up to final payment. Unfortunately the downside of UK bookings is £150pp non-refundable deposit:(

We are also booked for May 2016. When in May are you going?

may 1. generally don't like to post vacation dates but we have an ex-police officer as a house sitter so I feel better about it!

weds., 1 day closer to sail away!

speaking of sail away, my favorite part of every cruise we've ever been on.

em

I dont think I could ever book that far out....We looking at August 2015....and that seems so far away!! Congrats!

I'm booked that far out, and it is arduous to have to wait!!! (485 days to go.... :( )

But, at the same time, it's exciting to make plans as to what we're doing prior to and after the cruise (5 days in Seattle, train up to Vancouver the day before the cruise leaves, and then the 3 days after cruise). The waiting part still stinks though. ;)

may 1. generally don't like to post vacation dates but we have an ex-police officer as a house sitter so I feel better about it!

weds., 1 day closer to sail away!

speaking of sail away, my favorite part of every cruise we've ever been on.

em

I cruise May 22 next year. I booked when the deposit was $25 per person and the room I wanted was available. Normally I don't book that far in advance but couldn't pass it up.

Laura