Drink Packages

Tiredofguessing

I am trying to understand how the wine packages work on the Equinox. For example, a classic package has a price of $109. The description says the prices are per person per day. That would be ~ $218/day for the two of us - seems a bit high! If anyone has purchased the package, can you explain how this works, how many bottles you receive and if it is really $218/day for two people.

Also, the classis beverage package starts at $49/person/day. For an 11 day cruise, that would be over $1000 for two. Seriously, we enjoy a drink or glass of wine a day, but we're not designer coffee, tea or soda drinkers. Wouldn't we be better off just purchasing a drink or two without using the beverage packages? Would appreciate some insight from anyone who has used these packages.

Thanks

The price of the classic package us $49 per person per day plus gratuity of. 15%.

It all comes down to his much you would use the package but we have always found ourselves in pocket taking the package. We usually only drink water during the day. May gave an alcoholic drink with lunch then nothing until pre dinner. A couple of pre dinner drinks wine with meal and perhaps one or two post dinner drinks and at that level it works for us.

Bottled water is around $4 per bottle I think, more for better ones so it is easy to run up $25-$30 per day in water alone but everyone us different and it has to suit your own normal spend

If you are not likely to be seduced by the lure of the martini bar or molecular bar cocktails and are only likely to drink a couple of glasses of wine or beer a day then pay as you go is probably best.

The classic package is a bit of a No mans land in my view as it is quite limited in its scope and too easy in my view to get stuck paying full price for drink outside its limits. If you can afford the premium package then it starts to be of more benefit but I would only go with this via the 123 Go offer for the classic and upgrade for circa $12 per day to he premium. But then again we are cocktailaholics.

Not sure on the wine packages but the figures you quote cannot be correct. Wine by the bottle on Celebrity is expensive but not that expensive.

The wine packages are not per person per day. Their wording is very misleading. The wine packages get you full bottles of wine, not wine by the glass, so the concept of "per person per day" is an error when used with the wine packages.

As to the Classic package, remember that it includes soft drinks, bottled water, wine by the glass, as well as mixed drinks and beer.

You don't need to purhcase it ahead of the cruise. You can wait a couple of days, see how much you order and then buy it for the remaining days if it seems to be a good value to you.

We never get a beverage package, don't drink enough to make it worthwhile. We are fine with the included iced tea, what passes for orange juice and coffee, etc. I do order an occasional piña colada by the pool and a martini every night. In no way do we possibly spend $49/day, heck we dont even pay that much for our cruise most of the time!

We are wine drinkers and have had the premium package on the last 2 cruises and have it on our next one in March thanks to the 123 promo. We have loved it. Our first try was a 7 day cruise and it seemed like a lot of money, however, the idea that you could get just about whatever you wanted and did not have to worry about the price any more was great, especially with diner. Often we asked for 1/2 a glass to try a new kind out with the course we were on, if we liked it , we asked for another, if not, we moved on. They don't care and it's a great way to try different kinds. We also enjoyed getting lattes etc in the morning with no charge. You also can look at waiting a couple days before you buy the package as it based on how many days are left in the cruise. Personally,I think there is more value in the package than just the price per drink(no, I don't work for Celebrity) but it has changed our cruising experience and why we like to cruise Celebrity.

We never get a beverage package, don't drink enough to make it worthwhile. We are fine with the included iced tea, what passes for orange juice and coffee, etc. I do order an occasional piña colada by the pool and a martini every night. In no way do we possibly spend $49/day, heck we dont even pay that much for our cruise most of the time!

You don't pay $49 per day for a Celebrity cruise? Please share your booking secrets?

Hi, have the same question concerning the wine packages.

Still have not found a explanation how many bottles are in the classic wine package?

It is very confusing to read that the price is per person/night iso xy bottles...

We used to buy the bottle package on previous cruises and there were 3/5/7 bottle packages available.

Is that not any more the case?

Brgds Silke

CATWEAZLECAT,

The classic package comes in 3, 5 or 7 bottle packages

3 $125.35

5 $205.85

7 $286.35

Celebrity's site for this package is not very descriptive. For example, they say the price is per person per day. In reality you are just buying a 3, 5 or 7 bottle package for the above price + gratuity. You have to be logged into your cruise and go through the process of purchasing to get this info. You can also buy more than one package so if you are on a 14 day cruise you can buy 2 - 7 bottle packages, or you can buy one and your traveling companion can buy one.

Premium works the same way for higher package prices.

Hope this helps.

Mary Lou

• 2 weeks later...

Recognize that there are two types of packages: beverage packages (classic and premium in alcoholic and non-alcoholic versions) and wine packages. Beverage packages are prices per person per day. These cannot be shared and only include wine by the glass. Wine packeges are priced based on how many bottles you get and can be shared. Each level has a set list of bottles to choose from.

We are wine drinkers and have had the premium package on the last 2 cruises and have it on our next one in March thanks to the 123 promo. We have loved it. Our first try was a 7 day cruise and it seemed like a lot of money, however, the idea that you could get just about whatever you wanted and did not have to worry about the price any more was great, especially with diner. Often we asked for 1/2 a glass to try a new kind out with the course we were on, if we liked it , we asked for another, if not, we moved on. They don't care and it's a great way to try different kinds. We also enjoyed getting lattes etc in the morning with no charge. You also can look at waiting a couple days before you buy the package as it based on how many days are left in the cruise. Personally,I think there is more value in the package than just the price per drink(no, I don't work for Celebrity) but it has changed our cruising experience and why we like to cruise Celebrity.

We are also upgrading for premium wines at dinner. Was there premium wines by the glass offered at dinner? Is there a list?