Booked Our Shore Excursions!

auntjoy036

Mom and I are on the HAL Noordam this summer. I am so excited about the trip I keep looking for ways to draw it closer. Last night I booked two shore excursions, whale watching in Juneau and the WP&Y railroad in Skagway. I've read much on this board about private tours and more extensive tours. Because of some mobility limitations and other preferences, I chose the ship's tours for us. I can't wait!

So glad you are booked with your excursions! Whether you book with the ship or independently you will have a great time for sure. Enjoy your trip. We are booked on the Holland Oosterdam in July. I have done all of the planning and booking for 10 people in our group. Sure hope it all goes as planned! Have a great trip!:)

Mom and I are on the HAL Noordam this summer. I am so excited about the trip I keep looking for ways to draw it closer. Last night I booked two shore excursions, whale watching in Juneau and the WP&Y railroad in Skagway. I've read much on this board about private tours and more extensive tours. Because of some mobility limitations and other preferences, I chose the ship's tours for us. I can't wait!

We are booked on the Noordam May 9 and May 16 and will be taking the same excursions. Within one week of my return, I will have all of the Main Dining Room menus and daily activities (On Location) scanned on my website: www.rogerjett-photography.com. In addition, I will be doing a daily posting on the HAL Forum. Feel free to ask any questions.

In Ketchikan, I recommend the Crab Fishing excursion on the Aleutian Ballad (TV Deadliest Catch) with lots of eagle photograph opportunities.

To give you a headstart on your cruise planning, here are the current Specialty Restaurant, Beverages, and Room Service (24/7) menus in PDF format:

http://www.rogerjett-photography.com/?page_id=908

Edited by Crew News

Congratulations :D Will Ketchikan be your "shopping day"? :)

My DW has mobility issues as well and she rents a scooter from "Special Needs at Sea" that makes a big difference in getting around the ship and in the various Alaska ports. You can pick up the scooter at the cruise terminal and drop it off at the same location.

And have you made plans for embarkation/debarkation ports??? Too many forget about these bonus ports.

Good for you, am on the Radiance in Sept and am getting ansy for the cruise to start, still haven't booked any excursions yet, but I guess there's still time. Ports include Icy Strait, Juneau and Ketchikan, oh yeah Tracy Arm. Jest can't wait, wanna go now!!!!

Virginia