Upgrade to Kenai Fjords tour or take train to Seward

travgurl

Advice needed please! We have to option on our Holland cruise tour to leave from Anchorage and take the train to Seward in the afternoon and then board the ship. Or we can upgrade our tour to include kenai Fjords National Park tour. Some of us are doing the Mystic Fjords seaplane tour in Ketchikan and we are seeing Glacier National Park on the cruise. So I am trying to make a decision of whether or not to upgrade. It is an additional $170 per person. Any thoughts? Thanks

Have you taken a look at this tour description? Is this a tour of interest?

It sounds like you are currently taking the ship contracted train? Frankly this is a poor use of "Alaska time", as it leaves Anchorage too early and arrives Seward too late for much of anything. So, it's up to YOU how you wish to spend your time and money.

Absolutely boating Kenai Fjords is something I never miss. It is a scenic loaded wildlife jackpot with superb close up glacier viewing.

For clarification above, it is Misty Fiords and Glacier Bay National Park. Both excellent touring areas loaded with scenic Alaska. :)

The cruise train will leave Anchorage around noon, arrive in Seward around 5:00 and you will immediately board the ship. We spent four days in Seward last summer, and really enjoyed the Kenai Fjords National Park tour. Lots of up close sea life, whales Orcas, numerous sea birds and probably a stop at Fox island. I suspect that you will go to Seward the day before, do the tour in the morning and then go to the ship. IMO well worth the cost and an excellent use of your time in Alaska.

Thanks for the reply and the clarification. I do know the correct names of those wonderful places we will see. As I typed it just came out that way and now it will not allow me to edit. But for correction from this post--Misty Fjords and Glacier Bay National Park.

Zqvol--thanks! Surely makes me want to really consider upgrading. We are in Anchorage for over night. Then we head to Seward the next afternoon and board the ship. We begin in Fairbanks, 2 nights in Denali. Plenty still ahead on the cruise and ports. Thanks again.

Edited by travgurl