Soda in checked luggage

cruisingbandmom

We are cruising out of NOLA next month and heard that they treat checked sodas (beverages) differently.

We have always put our two twelve packs of soda in a small suitcase and checked it. This way we are not dragging a heavy suitcase around until we get to our room. Sometimes we get a note saying they checked it (to make sure it was soda) but that doesn't bother us at all.

Are there different rules now? What will happen if we send sodas in checked luggage?

Thanks

Please don't put it in your checked bags. Have you seen how they man handle the luggage? I'd be beyond irate if my luggage and clothing got ruined by someone else's exploding soda.

Please carry it on as the rules require you to do.

I have heard that people that are sent to the naughty room have seen soda and water too so I assume if they want, they remove it and you get it back at the end of the cruise if you want it

as others have said... carry it on please

One cruise my hubby and I wanted a case of water. So I used a small suite case and put just the water in it and checked. When I got it back I the room it had a note saying they checked it. Which was not a big deal it was water. LOL. And we used the empty suite case for souvenirs.

Nope...the rules are the same and in this particular instance, it makes sense to pack them in a carry-on. As others have pointed out, the bags are thrown around quite a bit and the chance of a six pack (or more) exploding and making a mess out of everyone else's bag are pretty great. A small carry-on with wheels is the way to go.

We are cruising out of NOLA next month and heard that they treat checked sodas (beverages) differently.

We have always put our two twelve packs of soda in a small suitcase and checked it. This way we are not dragging a heavy suitcase around until we get to our room. Sometimes we get a note saying they checked it (to make sure it was soda) but that doesn't bother us at all.

Are there different rules now? What will happen if we send sodas in checked luggage?

Thanks

the rules are different now. Today all drinks must be in carry on.

IF they find your soda-- they will keep it until you return.

you can use a rolling suitcase to hold 2 12 packs of soda.

you are allowed 12 pp

the rules are different now. Today all drinks must be in carry on.

IF they find your soda-- they will keep it until you return.

you can use a rolling suitcase to hold 2 12 packs of soda.

you are allowed 12 pp

I think the workers have enough to do just getting suitcases on the ship and delivered to the cabin door without lugging around heavy water too. Those workers must be exhausted on turnover day:eek:

I think the workers have enough to do just getting suitcases on the ship and delivered to the cabin door without lugging around heavy water too. Those workers must be exhausted on turnover day:eek:

I think that is one of the reasons they did away with it.

People packing cases of soda cases of water. and lets not even talk about the people at guest services complaining how their clothes are all messed up because someone suitcase leaked all over the place