123go and Senior discount combinable? Price drop??

niccikatie

New to Celebrity. Booked a 5 night on the Constellation that leaves March 30th for me (34), DD (10) and mom (60). I booked concierge to take advantage of the 123go! promo. When they applied my promo they gave us 1 classic alcohol package for me, classic non alcohol for DD and classic non alcohol for mom - I assume this is because DD is underage and listed as Guest 2 and mom listed as Guest 3. I called to have this corrected today. The agent ended up adding two classic non alcoholic packages under a "wave promo" and the classic non alcoholic packages under "promo". All are listed under MyCruisePlanner separate from the where the other packages appear for the 123go promo.

Then, I asked about a refund since my final payment date is Jan 29th and the price dropped $50 for two passengers. She said, "oh yes I see that, I can take care of that for you". Then she told me the only way to get the credit to was to rebook and I was in the penalty phase. I read her the policy on the Celebrity website and she said she could give me the difference in a refundable OBC. So, I said that was fine and she confirmed it and we hung up.

When I go into my reservation now, it shows that I have a -300.00 balance. She applied the Senior discount of $200.00 to my booking. I no longer show an OBC of any amount (previously showed $200 for the 123go!), but the other 123go! package details still show in my payment history (including the duplicate incorrect beverage packages). So, are those two discounts combinable? I know the fine print says they aren't.

If you were me, what would you do? Would you call and ask to have the price drop correctly applied? Wait and see what happens (if it somehow automatically drops the 123go! promo items)? I would normally just wait and see but with only two days to final, I want to be sure I get everything I'm entitled to (the $100 price drop and keep the 123go! promo options). I don't want more, but this is obviously even better than just the 123go! by itself if it stays the way it is.

Thanks for any replies!

Niccikatie,

Do not delay in calling. If you can speak to the same rep that would be best since there was a misunderstanding. Generally the offers are not combinable and the price drop may have been in an offer applicable for new bookings only.

Try to get the 2nd - 3rd names changed and the 1-2-3 offer restored asap.

Thank you all! I did call this morning and the agent worked with a resolution agent to get things figured out. The bev package mix up WAS because of the order of the people on the reservation. So, be sure you have people in the order of the promo if you have underage guests!

They were able to get me switched to today's rates (which went even lower overnight!), so I'll get a $200.00 refund and get to keep my 123go! promo. Best case scenario! I appreciate the advice as it was really screwed up.

Phew!

Thank you all! I did call this morning and the agent worked with a resolution agent to get things figured out. The bev package mix up WAS because of the order of the people on the reservation. So, be sure you have people in the order of the promo if you have underage guests!

They were able to get me switched to today's rates (which went even lower overnight!), so I'll get a $200.00 refund and get to keep my 123go! promo. Best case scenario! I appreciate the advice as it was really screwed up.

Phew!

Excellent result, well done.