School Holidays

vozzie

Love the week overlap. As Canberrans we always hit the Queensland coast when the 'locals' are back at school as the beaches are deserted and accommodation prices drop enormously! Also handy for a less crowded kids club experience when cruising that week.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Love the week overlap. As Canberrans we always hit the Queensland coast when the 'locals' are back at school as the beaches are deserted and accommodation prices drop enormously! Also handy for a less crowded kids club experience when cruising that week.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes, we have to get some advantage out of having to leave our fabulous home territory for a cruise.:D

Thanks for that, just confirmed that the cruise we've booked on 8 June is outside of all school holidays which is good, I think my kids will be better off in the kids club when it's less crowded.

On that point, I've seen a few posts on here which indicate that the Carnival Spirit is full of kids regardless of the date? Has anyone sailed in June on the Spirit and what was your experience with the numbers of kids?

In case anyone is planning their cruises OUTSIDE school holidays :eek:.....here is a good site that provides all that information for Australia

A good idea except it doesn't include Private or Catholic schools which have holidays outside of these times (usually only a week or so)

A good idea except it doesn't include Private or Catholic schools which have holidays outside of these times (usually only a week or so)

Ah yes this is true, the more you pay for education, the more holidays the kids get!

Thanks for that, just confirmed that the cruise we've booked on 8 June is outside of all school holidays which is good, I think my kids will be better off in the kids club when it's less crowded.

On that point, I've seen a few posts on here which indicate that the Carnival Spirit is full of kids regardless of the date? Has anyone sailed in June on the Spirit and what was your experience with the numbers of kids?

We have cruised with carnival in and out of the school holidays, and there were heaps of kids both times. But we are parents, so not complaining. A lot of families I know deliberately cruise out of school holidays because the prices go up so much in school holidays. We had fun both times and are booked again.

We have cruised with carnival in and out of the school holidays, and there were heaps of kids both times. But we are parents, so not complaining. A lot of families I know deliberately cruise out of school holidays because the prices go up so much in school holidays. We had fun both times and are booked again.

Thank you, thought that might be the case, the difference in price between the 8 June and the 18 June cruise was several thousand dollars for all of us.

I believe that parents in England are fined if they take their children out of school for holidays. Imagine if that happened here.:eek:

My wife is a chalky and reckons that most kids learn more on a holiday than they do at school.

My wife is a chalky and reckons that most kids learn more on a holiday than they do at school.

And while I love her almost to death what a pain having to book in school hols, not only does it cost more but you would actually be surprised how few cruises start and finish in school holidays.

The only plus is that at least she is at a private school and we usually get one or two weeks a year that are outside "normal holidays"

I am sure they have already thought of it:eek:

I think schooling /truancy may a state gov issue anyway.:D

Yes and no, tied grants, national curriculum and the ever present Convention on the Protection of children would all let the Federal dip their toe in.

But yes mustn't give the B's in Syd Melb etc any ideas either

Yes and no, tied grants, national curriculum and the ever present Convention on the Protection of children would all let the Federal dip their toe in.

But yes mustn't give the B's in Syd Melb etc any ideas either

Brisbane pollies may be other things on their mind.:rolleyes: