Agapey Choc Factory

Hi I posted the same question in the Barbados port of call forum but got no replies, anyone here help me out?

Stopping in Bridgetown on June 18th as part of our Southern Caribbean cruise with RCI.

We want to do the Agapey chocolate factory tour and go to The Boatyard afterwards, but the tour doesn't finish until around 11:00am, is that too late to go to the boatyard? What are the chances of getting a chair and umbrella in the boatyard at that time as I've read it gets very crowded (There'll be 4 of us)

Would it be a better option to try a different beach after the choc factory or is that tour even worth doing?

Other beach suggestions welcome

Hi I posted the same question in the Barbados port of call forum but got no replies, anyone here help me out?

Stopping in Bridgetown on June 18th as part of our Southern Caribbean cruise with RCI.

We want to do the Agapey chocolate factory tour and go to The Boatyard afterwards, but the tour doesn't finish until around 11:00am, is that too late to go to the boatyard? What are the chances of getting a chair and umbrella in the boatyard at that time as I've read it gets very crowded (There'll be 4 of us)

Would it be a better option to try a different beach after the choc factory or is that tour even worth doing?

Other beach suggestions welcome

We went back to the ship, grabbed a quick bite and changed into our suits before heading off to the beach. We went to Carlisle Bay and it was wonderful! I enjoyed the tour & seeing the process but I enjoyed the Hersey plant tour when I was a child too. If you enjoy high quality chocolate, take cash for buying discounted bars to take back home. We walked there/back but took a little double looking at the map on his site.

The beach photos/video of the starfish was taken at CB beach, nice & not crowded.

Edited by BLAMBKY

We´ve been to Agapey about two weeks ago. We´ve been the only ones and it was just great! Do not expect a big building. In fact it´s more or less just one room. You got to taste the ingredients of chocolate, then the chocolate they are making and after that the owner explains his machinery and how to make chocolate.

The chocolate is great! It´s 5 Dollars per bar which sounds pretty expensive but it´s worth it.

We made it to the 11:30 am factory tour of Mount Gay Rum Destillery. As it started to pour the owner gave us a lift.

For the chocolate factory you can´t just drop by but have to book in advance. He has to prepare all the stuff for the tour. Two people dropped by but they weren´t able to join us.

Both, Agapey and Mount Gay Rum aren´t too far from the ship, Agapey maybe 5 min walking plus another 5 min for Mount Gay. But there are no sidewalks for most of the route. So be prepared to walk on the grass and uneven grounds.

steamboats