luggage transfer - new cruiser

Jota62

Hi everyone! I'm preparing for my first cruise, heading to Alaska from Seattle. I've seen people discuss that you leave your bags outside your door and that they are transferred to the airport, for a fee of course. However, I can't find that option anywhere on the carnival websit. Maybe I'm looking in the wrong place? I see I can add airport transfers, but not just baggage. My flight leaves late the night we dock so I would love to get rid of my bags and be able to explore the city as you usually can only check in 4 hiurs early. Any insight on how to arrange this or if it is even still offered is appreciated!

If it is airline dependent my tickets are for united airlines.

Edited by Jota62

Hi everyone! I'm preparing for my first cruise, heading to Alaska from Seattle. I've seen people discuss that you leave your bags outside your door and that they are transferred to the airport, for a fee of course. However, I can't find that option anywhere on the carnival websit. Maybe I'm looking in the wrong place? I see I can add airport transfers, but not just baggage. My flight leaves late the night we dock so I would love to get rid of my bags and be able to explore the city as you usually can only check in 4 hiurs early. Any insight on how to arrange this or if it is even still offered is appreciated!

If it is airline dependent my tickets are for united airlines.

If luggage express is available (which it appears to be for your ship and airline) it is offered to eligible guests during the cruise, you cannot sign up for it pre-cruise. You will receive a notice in your stateroom explaining the program, and a form to complete to participate. Here is a link to the latest information I could find on the subject:

https://www.goccl.com/~/media/Files/Irman/bookccl/shipboard_knowledge/LuggageExpress_OtherLocations.htm

Have a great cruise!!!

I just heard about this from someone on another site. We are flying in for the Glory in April and this definitely sounds like it will be worth it. I'm assuming if we use this service we don't have to worry about waiting in long lines to check bags and we can just walk through security.

If luggage express is available (which it appears to be for your ship and airline) it is offered to eligible guests during the cruise, you cannot sign up for it pre-cruise. You will receive a notice in your stateroom explaining the program, and a form to complete to participate. Here is a link to the latest information I could find on the subject:

https://www.goccl.com/~/media/Files/Irman/bookccl/shipboard_knowledge/LuggageExpress_OtherLocations.htm

Have a great cruise!!!

Thank you so much for explaining and providing the link!

You pay the fee plus whatever the airline charges for each checked bag. Carnival leaves the airline luggage tag and your boarding passes in your stateroom the night before. You have to put the checked bag out by a certain time that night. I remember it being earlier than the regular bags.

I just read the information on the Luggage Express. That is so nice! How does Carnival know that you are eligible if you did not book your airfare through them? Do you stop by Guest Services and inquire? Sorry, I have only cruised 5 day or less cruises so I have never had this opportunity until our upcoming cruise on Glory in October.

Only certain airlines participate, and there are other restrictions. You make the determination, based on the criteria. If your flights don't qualify, Carnival notifies you and returns the bags or puts them out with the other bags in the terminal on debark day.

Roz

• 3 weeks later...
I just read the information on the Luggage Express. That is so nice! How does Carnival know that you are eligible if you did not book your airfare through them? Do you stop by Guest Services and inquire? Sorry, I have only cruised 5 day or less cruises so I have never had this opportunity until our upcoming cruise on Glory in October.

When you fill out your info on Carnival's site for your cruise documents, you will put in ALL your flight information.