Help a NCL girl find her Carnival ship :)

mitsugirly

Which ship is right for me?  

145 members have voted

1. 1. Which ship is right for me?

• Magic (cheapest) Jamaica, GC, Cozumel
    • Glory (#2 price) St Maarten, San Juan, Grand Turk
    • Conquest (#3 price) St Maarten, San Juan, Grand Turk, St Kitts
    • Valor (highest price) Aruba, Bonaire, Grand Turk

Mitzu, someone on NCL board is directing a question to you within a post:). See post #29 on the thread Advice about the Getaway

Oops, I guess I'm neglecting my NCL boards these days. :p I can't seem to locate the thread. :confused:

SOOOOOO

Someone has started a post 2.0 review!

See here! http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2161843

YAY!

And I've pronounced it To-fer and haven't been corrected, so I assume that is correct!

Woo hoo. Thanks for the heads up.

Well crap. Carnival is not willing to budge off their "4 person" interior rooms to let us in it and it would be close to $4k for us to go on this ship. This really BITES! I'm not willing to pay anything near that amount. I can't believe they would just turn away someone willing to book right now. Sigh...my journey continues...back to the original plan I guess.

All I want to say is I hope you find a Carnival ship you like.

We, as well as many others did a NCL Star (brand new) ship years ago. Oh my, so many complaints, and we felt the same way. We have never gone back to the NCL,or don't plan to.:(

As for Carnival, (I have done other cruise lines too) it is one of the best lines that we have been HAPPY with.:)

All I want to say is I hope you find a Carnival ship you like.

We, as well as many others did a NCL Star (brand new) ship years ago. Oh my, so many complaints, and we felt the same way. We have never gone back to the NCL,or don't plan to.:(

As for Carnival, (I have done other cruise lines too) it is one of the best lines that we have been HAPPY with.:)

Thanks. I don't think finding one that I "like" will be an issue at all. I think finding one for the time I need it, a good price, and factoring in the air flight and cost is my problem. I hate making such life decisions. :p

We were on the Star back in...maybe 2012? Although I liked the ship itself, it was the one and only ship I have been on that looked like it needed some TLC. It's funny how others that were on the same exact cruise with me didn't notice the things I did (carpet "bumps" that could be a trip hazard, broken toilet stalls among other things). I guess I just have an "eye" for that because I love photography and I take pictures of everything...especially weird angles, which is usually when I spot things.

:)

I'll be ok thought. Sooner or later I'll pick something. Still weighing my options.

Was just looking for your week and I think the Conquest & the Glory are now cheaper for an oceanview than inside for 3 people. Love the oceanview cabins- they are roughly 220 sq feet.

Of those 2 I would pick the Conquest for where it goes BUT I do like the pride more (its a smaller spirit class ship), which I really love the space ratio. That being said we were on the Freedom which is sister ships to the Glory and Conquest and thought it was a great size.

I know you want to go back to Carnival but it did look like the NCL Epic had some decent rates (eps with the sale) for your week too.... I dont recall the route though

Edited by rdevine10

Was just looking for your week and I think the Conquest & the Glory are now cheaper for an oceanview than inside for 3 people. Love the oceanview cabins- they are roughly 220 sq feet.

Of those 2 I would pick the Conquest for where it goes BUT I do like the pride more (its a smaller spirit class ship), which I really love the space ratio. That being said we were on the Freedom which is sister ships to the Glory and Conquest and thought it was a great size.

I know you want to go back to Carnival but it did look like the NCL Epic had some decent rates (eps with the sale) for your week too.... I dont recall the route though

Yes, I was noticing that I could get an OV on Glory for only $10 more than an interior. Excellent deal.

The Conquest dropped prices today by $50.

The Magic is still the cheapest and I can actually get an OV DELUXE for the same price as an interior on it OR get a cove balcony (which I love) found almost the same price as an interior on any of the others. :eek:

At this point, I know that Pride is just out of my range. Valor is property out of my range as well.

Magic is such an awesome deal and hard to pass on.

Glory and Conquest is a toss up with both having the 2.0 upgrades and everything I'm looking for and only about $100 difference in price. So if I pick one of those, I think it will come down to the fact that Glory sails from Miami (meaning cost involved in transportation from FLL down there) and the Conquest sails from Port Everglades, which I have never been to before. (This is not the same as port canaveral right?)

Trust me, I have been waiting patiently for the kids sail free promo with NCL to see if I could do the Epic again. It's the ONLY ship that I would go on for a 2nd time with NCL and have been wanting to sail it again before it leaves for good in April. But, when the sale started, it's only 50% off for that week and still way too expensive for the simple fact that when they built that "odd" ship, they only made a certain amount of their interior rooms available to accommodate more than 2 people...which SUCKS! So, it's still a little more expensive that what I plan on spending. It also goes to the same ports I'm use to going to (same as the Magic), but I was willing to do that to sail it one last time. However, another factor is that the Blue Man is leaving the Epic the week before I would sail. Another reason I wanted to go on it again. :(

Yes, I was noticing that I could get an OV on Glory for only $10 more than an interior. Excellent deal.

The Conquest dropped prices today by $50.

The Magic is still the cheapest and I can actually get an OV DELUXE for the same price as an interior on it OR get a cove balcony (which I love) found almost the same price as an interior on any of the others. :eek:

At this point, I know that Pride is just out of my range. Valor is property out of my range as well.

Magic is such an awesome deal and hard to pass on.

Glory and Conquest is a toss up with both having the 2.0 upgrades and everything I'm looking for and only about $100 difference in price. So if I pick one of those, I think it will come down to the fact that Glory sails from Miami (meaning cost involved in transportation from FLL down there) and the Conquest sails from Port Everglades, which I have never been to before. (This is not the same as port canaveral right?)

Port everglades is Fort Lauderdale- not too far from Miami. Same general area (if you are coming from Ohio!). Too bad about the Epic. I agree Magic would be tough to pass up if you are willing to go western again. Cove balcony sounds awesome!

Port everglades is Fort Lauderdale- not too far from Miami. Same general area (if you are coming from Ohio!). Too bad about the Epic. I agree Magic would be tough to pass up if you are willing to go western again. Cove balcony sounds awesome!

So is port everglades and port canaveral the same or no? We took the Dream out of port canaveral and loved it.

The Magic is making this really hard on me!!! I love the cove balcony!!! It's my favorite. :D

So is port everglades and port canaveral the same or no? We took the Dream out of port canaveral and loved it.

The Magic is making this really hard on me!!! I love the cove balcony!!! It's my favorite. :D

Port Canaveral is closer to Orlando- its about 3 to 3 1/2 hours from Port Everglades. Typically if you sail out of Canaveral you fly into Orlando. If you sail out of Port Everglades you could use Fort Lauderdale, Miami or even West Palm.

Port Canaveral is closer to Orlando- its about 3 to 3 1/2 hours from Port Everglades. Typically if you sail out of Canaveral you fly into Orlando. If you sail out of Port Everglades you could use Fort Lauderdale, Miami or even West Palm.

Are you sure? I'm really confused now then. I thought we sailed out of port canaveral on our Dream cruise. We flew into FLL and stayed at Ron Jon right there and could actually see the ships coming and going. :confused:

So then wait, if one is closer to orlando and we should be flying into there...maybe I need to check the rates on that. However, we stayed at a hotel that offered free shuttle to everglades this past november and we were in FLL.

:confused:

Kim, I just skimmed through the posts over the last day or so and see you got really excited about the Pride and then it was so overpriced and out of the picture. Is the week you are going April 5th (Easter Sunday)? Possibly why it's so pricey. Anyway, I just did a mock booking for that sailing for 3 at the super saver rate (Carnival chooses your room) for a balcony stateroom and it was $3,800 total. I have done the guarantee rooms for a balcony twice on the Pride and ended up with wonderful rooms. I wouldn't hesitate to let them choose.

Parking at the port is secure and $15/day. You can practically fall into the port building its so close.

There is snorkeling from the beach at HMC and T&C (jacks) and you'd save money, as no excursions necessary. BBQ lunch is included on HMC. Those two places are beautiful and my vote STILL is the Pride. By the way, there is a cooking demo with tasting at noon on the first sea day and it's a good photo op under the red glass. By the way, there are glass stairs that go up to the ateakhouse under the red glass dome and it's so freaky goung up or down those steps. You can see right down into the atrium. I can't do it. I freaked last time I tried. Little daredevil Sakari would probably love them.

The Pride is a little over a 3 hr drive from my house in PA and I just love her. She's my "go to" ship when I need a last minute getaway. Can't wait to sail her with her 2,0 upgrades. LOVE the fish tacos at Blue Iguana. Okay. Done rambling. Just recalculate again. Kari

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Are you sure? I'm really confused now then. I thought we sailed out of port canaveral on our Dream cruise. We flew into FLL and stayed at Ron Jon right there and could actually see the ships coming and going. :confused:

So then wait, if one is closer to orlando and we should be flying into there...maybe I need to check the rates on that. However, we stayed at a hotel that offered free shuttle to everglades this past november and we were in FLL.

:confused:

Port Canaveral does have the Ron Jon Resort near by but you likely flew into Orlando. We fly in out and out of FL all the time as we have family there. The Conquest sails out of Fort Lauderdale, the Glory out of Miami and the Valor is out of Port Canaveral. HTH!

Kim, I just skimmed through the posts over the last day or so and see you got really excited about the Pride and then it was so overpriced and out of the picture. Is the week you are going April 5th (Easter Sunday)? Possibly why it's so pricey. Anyway, I just did a mock booking for that sailing for 3 at the super saver rate (Carnival chooses your room) for a balcony stateroom and it was $3,800 total. I have done the guarantee rooms for a balcony twice on the Pride and ended up with wonderful rooms. I wouldn't hesitate to let them choose.

Parking at the port is secure and $15/day. You can practically fall into the port building its so close.

There is snorkeling from the beach at HMC and T&C (jacks) and you'd save money, as no excursions necessary. BBQ lunch is included on HMC. Those two places are beautiful and my vote STILL is the Pride. By the way, there is a cooking demo with tasting at noon on the first sea day and it's a good photo op under the red glass. By the way, there are glass stairs that go up to the ateakhouse under the red glass dome and it's so freaky goung up or down those steps. You can see right down into the atrium. I can't do it. I freaked last time I tried. Little daredevil Sakari would probably love them.

The Pride is a little over a 3 hr drive from my house in PA and I just love her. She's my "go to" ship when I need a last minute getaway. Can't wait to sail her with her 2,0 upgrades. LOVE the fish tacos at Blue Iguana. Okay. Done rambling. Just recalculate again. Kari

Gosh you are killing me. I just talked to the hubby and even though his face turned red he seems to think this might be the answer as long as we don't have to spend more $$ while in port (well other than drinks and food in GT of course). We "normally" spend around $1200-1800 for a room, but with air flight, what we do in port, cabs and so on, it usually ends up being around $4k-$5 each cruise. I'm really going to have to sit down and finish my preliminary list of what we would spend on each ship to figure this out. I should probably get on this. :p

I mostly cruise for the ship experience, so repeating ports doesn't really bother me, when you cruise every year it's just not much you can do about it. My wife hates doing the same ports over and over too....but to your question, my favorite ship is the Glory...has the charm of the Dream but not as big.

Good luck with your choice.

Gosh you are killing me. I just talked to the hubby and even though his face turned red he seems to think this might be the answer as long as we don't have to spend more $$ while in port (well other than drinks and food in GT of course). We "normally" spend around $1200-1800 for a room, but with air flight, what we do in port, cabs and so on, it usually ends up being around $4k-$5 each cruise. I'm really going to have to sit down and finish my preliminary list of what we would spend on each ship to figure this out. I should probably get on this. :p

Well dang.

I was hoping they would work something out for you. The other option is to wait and see if anything opens up, but that's kind of risky....and the price could go up.

Definitely look at total cost. Whatever you pick, I know you will have a great time!

Port Canaveral does have the Ron Jon Resort near by but you likely flew into Orlando. We fly in out and out of FL all the time as we have family there. The Conquest sails out of Fort Lauderdale, the Glory out of Miami and the Valor is out of Port Canaveral. HTH!

Well darnit, I just figured out why I was confused (I had to ask my daughter since she went with us)...we DROVE!!! Duh! That's why I knew we didn't fly into Orlando. Sigh. I'm losing my mind in my old age I swear.

I still think you should do the Magic - you can get your cove balcony and your daughter will love the waterpark! Sailing around Easter is what is making the prices high, so I would jump on the low price on the Magic! :)

Why is it that the Magic is so darn cheap then? I'm just not understanding that because it's a newer ship and has all the bells and whistles. Oh my gosh!!! I did not realize it was Easter!!! :eek:

What dates are you looking at for these ships ? We are thinking of booking on one of these ships at the end of may . I think it would be so funny if we were on the same ship again since we were on the dream together haha

somone once told me " You will get sick of cruising " I smiled and said

" Only when I'm dead "

What dates are you looking at for these ships ? We are thinking of booking on one of these ships at the end of may . I think it would be so funny if we were on the same ship again since we were on the dream together haha

somone once told me " You will get sick of cruising " I smiled and said

" Only when I'm dead "

Hi there! We are going in April this year. Spring Break for my daughter starts the 4th (Saturday). So anything that following week. So I guess no chance of being on the same ship again if you are going in May. I can't do a May cruise since I'll be cruising again the beginning of June to Bermuda. :D 1 cruise a month and the hubby would surely kill me. :p

I'm curious how long it would take you to drive to Baltimore from your house. In Grand Turk, you could always hop back on the ship and grab a quick lunch and head back out and instead of heading left towards Jacks, go to the right where the conch graveyard and pick some shells up and snorkel on that side of the dock, too. It's more secluded I've read, I've never gone that way, always head to the left and Jacks. The ship is docked right there at the port and this would all be manageable. You technically wouldn't have to spend any money in GT or HMC. Two great beach days. And back onto that upgraded ship. She won't be "glitzy" like your Dream (I love the gemstones in the elevators on Dream) but she's freshly 2.0'd and I think you'd love her. I know Carnival has this week overpriced (because they can) but if I had the week available and family willing to go, I'd do it in a heartbeat. I'm jelly.

I'm curious how long it would take you to drive to Baltimore from your house. In Grand Turk, you could always hop back on the ship and grab a quick lunch and head back out and instead of heading left towards Jacks, go to the right where the conch graveyard and pick some shells up and snorkel on that side of the dock, too. It's more secluded I've read, I've never gone that way, always head to the left and Jacks. The ship is docked right there at the port and this would all be manageable. You technically wouldn't have to spend any money in GT or HMC. Two great beach days. And back onto that upgraded ship. She won't be "glitzy" like your Dream (I love the gemstones in the elevators on Dream) but she's freshly 2.0'd and I think you'd love her. I know Carnival has this week overpriced (because they can) but if I had the week available and family willing to go, I'd do it in a heartbeat. I'm jelly.

It's about a little over 6 hours for us to drive from here...so in otherwords, about 10 hours with the way I have to pee every 20 minutes. :D :p

I did read the review that showed tons of pictures of the conch graveyard and had planned on heading that way before getting back on the ship. We have and can go without eating while in port, so that's manageable. When I explained this to the hubby, he said "no way are we walking back on the ship just to eat and then back off again" :p But we will have to get drinks while we are off...that's a definite. (As you can tell by my peeing every 20 minute remark...I drink non-stop). Wait, that didn't sound right :eek:...I'm not a drunk. I drink soda all day. That sounds better.

I love Glitzy. She has a special place in my heart and I love glitzy ships!!!