Ultimate Drink Package

TannaLynn

Ok it has been 7.5years since i have been on a cruise and back then i couldnt drink on the ship, i was under 21. Im gonna be going on a cruise with my family at the end of April or begining of May and i was looking at the Ultimate drink package. But what exactly is included in the ultimate drink package? Thanks in advance

Ok it has been 7.5years since i have been on a cruise and back then i couldnt drink on the ship, i was under 21. Im gonna be going on a cruise with my family at the end of April or begining of May and i was looking at the Ultimate drink package. But what exactly is included in the ultimate drink package? Thanks in advance

The only reason to buy the Ultimate package over the Premium package is if you are a big drinker of either (or combo) of specialty coffees, sparkling bottles water and fresh squeezed juices.....Otherwise, the Premium package and Ultimate package are just the same

So, if coffees and fresh juices aren't a big deal, don't spend the money for Ultimate. The booze, wine, etc are exactly the same between The two.

The only reason to buy the Ultimate package over the Premium package is if you are a big drinker of either (or combo) of specialty coffees, sparkling bottles water and fresh squeezed juices.....Otherwise, the Premium package and Ultimate package are just the same

So, if coffees and fresh juices aren't a big deal, don't spend the money for Ultimate. The booze, wine, etc are exactly the same between The two.

I love specialty coffees. And would have a least two a day and then a few alcoholic drinks and maybe a smoothie or so and i can break even im sure thats why i was asking it included the coffees and smoothies.

im not a heavy drinker but i to think its pretty easy to spend $50 a day on drinks, coffees, etc.

but at the end of the day Royal is a business and wouldn't be offering this if there not making money on it. so somewhere along the lines people aren't drinking more than what the package costs otherwise id assume they'd eliminate the packages...

im not a heavy drinker but i to think its pretty easy to spend $50 a day on drinks, coffees, etc.

but at the end of the day Royal is a business and wouldn't be offering this if there not making money on it. so somewhere along the lines people aren't drinking more than what the package costs otherwise id assume they'd eliminate the packages...

I think it averages out some do well others not so much - remember they make money even on your purchase of one beverage ........

We like knowing that we had the package and didn't worry about a thing. Having coffee in the am, a bottle of water as we walked off the ship and a glass of wine with dinner were a nice addition to the pool beverages ;)

Well, I'm a Financial Planner with an MBA so please trust me when I say, I'm not an idiot and I've done the math. There are human behavioral considerations that go beyond the dollars and cents. I will have one or two lattes every morning. I will have one or two glasses of wine with dinner. I will have a cocktail during a show and then I often will have an Irish Coffee before bed. On seas days or on a RCL island I may have another cocktail or two or three. The alcoholic beverages served on are not that strong. If you do not think you will have a few drinks each day a beverage package may not be for you. Additionally since it doesn't cost more I will often try drinks that I may not otherwise. If I try it and don't like it I order something else. If you're worried that the cruise line may get you for an extra $20 per day then maybe you don't have enough disposable income to enjoy cruising. This isn't a complicated financial question. It's an experience option. I would not pay for the experience of jumping out of an airplane but I will pay for an open bar experience. Your mileage may vary.

It boils down to whether you think you'll drink $60+ worth of coffee, soft drinks, smoothies, bottled water, and alcohol each day. There are copies of menus floating about, so do some quick math. If yes, go for the package. If not, don't.

A lot of the benefits people cite, to me, are dependent on whether or not you're already getting your money's worth:

A lack of "sticker shock" only comes in to play if the bill you're paying is

less than it would be otherwise;

The ability to try and discard drinks is great, but to me only comes into play

if I'm at or exceeding the threshold; purchasing a drink and tossing it isn't

much of a perk to me. A "loss" to RCI is not necessarily a "gain" for me;

A lot of people talk about being able to drink "what [you] want, when [you]

want," but unless there's an unlisted Unicorn Package where a mere thought

conjures up a drink, you'll still have to order the drink from

somewhere/one. I've never had a problem getting what I wanted when I

wanted without a package.

I love specialty coffees. And would have a least two a day and then a few alcoholic drinks and maybe a smoothie or so and i can break even im sure thats why i was asking it included the coffees and smoothies.

Then sounds like the Ultimate would be the way to go for you. Enjoy your sailing!

Thank you for pointing out to me my poor cruising habits, for your information I go into ports on a morning, I return at lunch time , I don't do excursions, I remember every day of every cruise.I SAVE my hard earned money as a bricklayer to fly from the UK to have a week in the caribbean.I enjoy myself immensely I don't argue with anyone, I have made loads of friends from all over the world, I have never upset anyone or embarrassed myself.

For you to tell me how to spend my time and money I would like to tell you where to stick your opinions.

Also I will keep clear from you if I ever have the misfortune to be on the same ship as you

good for you and enjoy..

everyone loves judging on this forum, never seen so many saints in one place, lol

Thank you for pointing out to me my poor cruising habits, for your information I go into ports on a morning, I return at lunch time , I don't do excursions, I remember every day of every cruise.I SAVE my hard earned money as a bricklayer to fly from the UK to have a week in the caribbean.I enjoy myself immensely I don't argue with anyone, I have made loads of friends from all over the world, I have never upset anyone or embarrassed myself.

For you to tell me how to spend my time and money I would like to tell you where to stick your opinions.

Also I will keep clear from you if I ever have the misfortune to be on the same ship as you

Please don't give someone so ignorant the pleasure of an explanation - they are most likely someone who spends too much time judging others to enjoy themselves!

I'll cruise with you and throw back a few any day

I saw here it said fountain sodas only.

Is there anywhere you get served fountain sodas or is it all self serve.

I was thinking the dining room. I do enjoy my soda with dinner.

If not is there a self serve machine in the dining room?

I guess I could order a Rum and Coke and hold the Rum:D

I saw here it said fountain sodas only.

Is there anywhere you get served fountain sodas or is it all self serve.

I was thinking the dining room. I do enjoy my soda with dinner.

If not is there a self serve machine in the dining room?

I guess I could order a Rum and Coke and hold the Rum:D

I believe their definition of "fountain" is simply "un canned." Coke with dinner? No problem, unless you want it in a can.

Does the Premium Package include the freshly squeezed orange juice? Or is it only RR / Ultimate?

Thanks

Only with the Ultimate - it was very nice when we were on the IOS last week - :)

I'm with you wato1963, We too spend a lot of our hard earned £££'s flying From Newcastle UK to Florida to join a Caribbean cruise and we get our money's worth with the drinks package without going too far

Exactly uk cruiser2, im going from Redcar,train to Manchester, fly to Atlanta, then fly to tampa.Spend a night in tampa before the cruise.After that trip I deserve a drink

Exactly uk cruiser2, im going from Redcar,train to Manchester, fly to Atlanta, then fly to tampa.Spend a night in tampa before the cruise.After that trip I deserve a drink

That is some journey. In the past we have either been lucky enough to fly direct Newcastle to Sanford then pick up the ship in Port Canaveral after having a week in the Theme parks or flown Gatwick to Orlando Intl.then again to Port Canaveral after having a week in the Theme parks.

It sounds to me sir, like you have a problem....

what a joke.....post reported, scumbag :D

You must work for FOX news net work, a little bit of editing there and taking something out of context.

And talk about a personal attack?

Sounds as though people are a little sensitive about their drinking habits on here, obviously they have heard it somewhere else before as well. I'll be the first one to toss back a drink, but, there is a vast difference between having a few and drinking ones life away. :D And go ahead get the packages, it'll just increase my stock profits... So, thank you all!