Atrium view rooms on QM2

MawganTr

Last time we sailed on QM2 we were fortunate enough to be able to be in a balcony cabin but successive years of feeding my cruise habit means we need to be slightly more frugal now! Are the atrium rooms a step up from inside cabins? Does the window make the room feel larger or does it feel like a goldfish bowl? Can you hear any noise from the lobby? Any experience from people that have sailed in one would be gratefully received! Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Last time we sailed on QM2 we were fortunate enough to be able to be in a balcony cabin but successive years of feeding my cruise habit means we need to be slightly more frugal now! Are the atrium rooms a step up from inside cabins? Does the window make the room feel larger or does it feel like a goldfish bowl? Can you hear any noise from the lobby? Any experience from people that have sailed in one would be gratefully received! Thanks.
Hi MawganTr,

The one time I deliberately booked one (to see what they were like), the upgrade fairy put me in a sheltered balcony instead!

So sorry I can't help you.

Best wishes :)

Edited by pepperrn

I have been in an atrium cabin and they are somewhat of an upgrade from an inside. Biggest advantage for me is they are in the center in the ship which helps alleviate movement in rough seas and the cabin is also slightly bigger than the standard inside. The window was fine but you can see straight thru into the cabin on the other side if the blinds are open. Noise from below at night was no issue at all.

I have been in an atrium cabin and they are somewhat of an upgrade from an inside. Biggest advantage for me is they are in the center in the ship which helps alleviate movement in rough seas and the cabin is also slightly bigger than the standard inside. The window was fine but you can see straight thru into the cabin on the other side if the blinds are open. Noise from below at night was no issue at all.

Beware though that noise from Winter Garden/Kings Court above, can be annoying and affect those Antrim and inside staterooms on Deck 6

Edited by Pennbank

Hi Mawgan, had one of the upper level atrium views staterooms for a period in 2013, they do appear larger than a normal inside, but if you have the lights on you definately need the blinds down otherwise you can see straight across the void into the stateroom opposite. There was certainly no noise from the foyer below, and I didn't notice any from the lido above. I was upgraded into it and I don't think I would make the extra effort to obtain it in the future, I can't remember spending any time looking out it.

roscoe

Thank you all for your comments. I did wonder if having a window - even if the blind was down, might psychologically make you fell less enclosed than an inside. Mind you, I'd travel in a cupboard of it gave me the chance to experience QM2 again!

We chose an atrium cabin the first two times we sailed because we thought that it would ease any claustrophobia we might suffer. The atrium cabin was fine and we had no problem with noise, but given that we had to keep the blinds closed and that there was no view to speak of, we decided to try a standard inside cabin on our next trip. We felt no more cramped than in the atrium stateroom. You might find that the atrium window is worth the higher fare. We did not.

The experience for us was like being in an inside-inside cabin.

The window overlooking the Atrium was useless. There was no view except the window of the cabin opposite, and if you have twin beds, one of the beds is right up against where the window is. Might as well book a regular inside cabin. The QM2 is a great ship no matter where you sleep!

Considering a TA Crossing this fall on QM2. I like to have a couch in my room; regardless of whether or not there is a window, it is the couch that makes the room more comfortable for me. I see that the Inside cabins do not have a couch, at least not on QM2. Would an atrium window room have a couch? If not are there 2 chairs? Thanks for the help. m--

Considering a TA Crossing this fall on QM2. I like to have a couch in my room; regardless of whether or not there is a window, it is the couch that makes the room more comfortable for me. I see that the Inside cabins do not have a couch, at least not on QM2. Would an atrium window room have a couch? If not are there 2 chairs? Thanks for the help. m--

There's no couch, but there are two chairs.

That's a good point about the couch - we were in an inside cabin once and missed the chance to sit on something other than the bed. Mind you, good excuse to sit in a bar!!

You've all successfully put me off an atrium view room. I'll save the money and put it towards my bar bill!

That's a good point about the couch - we were in an inside cabin once and missed the chance to sit on something other than the bed. Mind you, good excuse to sit in a bar!!

You've all successfully put me off an atrium view room. I'll save the money and put it towards my bar bill!

oooops Cunards marketing department will probably have all our guts or garters for that one...

enjoy a margarita for me...:D

Which, of course, is what they want you to do.

You ain't makin' 'em any money sittin' and lookin' out a window!

The atrium rooms are absolutely over-ratted. I have visited one, though not stayed in one. My comment when I looked out the window? "Meh!"