Door Signs on RCCL

charmy98

My son will have no problem keeping her busy. :-) Planted in a lounge chair fetchig her what she needs -- so we can sneak in.

I thought about ordering a cake, but with all the desserts available, it kind of seems like a waste. (Hey, I got my frugality from Mom!)

I thought it might be fun to have a pre-dinner celebration in her cabin. We're going to bring champagne on board (and some sparking grape for my son). I'm going to try to order some appetizers from room service. We'll have everything delivered to my room and then bring it down to hers (we're a few away from each other).

Still thinking on other fun surprises for her.

We usually decorate our door, but don't plan on keeping those decorations - as usually someone "borrows" them and usually forgets to return them by the end of the cruise.

Last cruise we spray mounted the "WOW" pics to magnets, but by day 3 they were gone. This was them on the fridge before we left, since it is the only pic I have of them, lol!

IMG_3590.jpg.f306bcfdf71fe91186c70ab806168d9c.jpg

Edited by Zombie Zin

I always decorate my door with a little sign. It is not because I can't find my door easily; that is never the issue. I decorate my door because it is fun.

Hi Sleepless.....we decorate our door since the cruise we went on with you......not because of you....just because -- it is fun.

We are on Independence in a few weeks and I have some 'heart magnets' for the door and we of course will have our Cruise Critic sign and another magnet with our name. We sail on Valentine's Day so the hearts seemed appropriate.

Hope all is well with you!

I do decorate my door, but came to RC from Disney and it's much more common there. :D I have more trouble finding/creating designs appropriate for RC, but have about 4-5 that work. I make sure every magnet is personalized with a name and hopefully that prevents it from walking off. :( We didn't lose any on our previous RC cruise and hopefully won't on this next one in 7 days!

• 1 month later...

I started making door signs when we cruise with my parents. One of our cruises was for my dad's birthday and we got the decorations from RCL and there was a door sign. My dad commented that he liked it because it helped him know what door was to his cabin. Since then I make a door sign to fit in with the cruise we are taking.

So I do it for fun and to help my Dad. I usually put our cabin number on ours to help keep it from traveling to another door.

• 5 weeks later...

We cruise on Holidays and always decorate our door. The doors are metal and magnets work well. On two of our cruises we had door decorations disappear. One was found on another door down the hall. Our room steward found it for us. Now we personalize our decorations with room number, sometimes a greeting like, "Merry Christmas from the Florida Cruisers". We have not lost any decorations since we make them personal.

I always decorate my door with a little sign. It is not because I can't find my door easily; that is never the issue. I decorate my door because it is fun.

Hi Sleepless -- hope all is well with you. I see no upcoming cruising in your signature. We have a Navigator cruise over Thanksgiving....so my door sign will have to have some turkeys and maybe even some pilgrims on it. I am sure the dollar store will have plenty of things to choose from it gets close.