Formal wear hire

Woodycrew

Following is from USA Princess web site, but the information should be similar for you.

Princess offers formal wear rental on all cruises; this can be arranged prior to embarkation.

Dress with an elegance and style that is perfect for all the formal activities on your cruise with Princess. Cruiseline Formal Wear delivers beautifully-tailored clothing directly to your stateroom.

To order your formal wear, please visit cruiselineformal.com, call 800-551-5091 or 305-252-8572.

For questions, email: custservice@cruiselineformal.com.

...To order your formal wear, please visit cruiselineformal.com, call 800-551-5091 or 305-252-8572. For questions, email: custservice@cruiselineformal.com.

I used them years ago with good results. If you don't know your measurements, some tux rental stores and tailor shops will take them for you for little or no charge.

Edited by Ryndam2002

I believe the OP would need to consult with whichever formal wear provider is linked to from the Princess Australia website.

...but if the rental charge is similar to that in the US or UK, I imagine a tuxedo can be purchased for nearly the same price in Australia as well--from various online haberdasheries, or the Aussie equivalent of JC Penney or Marks & Spenser.

Edited by fishywood

Beware the shoes that are available for rental; I have found them to be very uncomfortable -- painful and blister-producing. If you can find space in your luggage to bring aboard black shoes of your own, that would be better. However, given the airline luggage restrictions nowadays, and my reluctance to carry things of only occasional usefulness, I now wear a sport jacket on formal nights, either in the MDR or to a specialty restaurant like the Crown Grill. Quite acceptable if that is your preference, notwithstanding that others will have different preferences.

John

Edited by J-D

Thanks everyone

Have checked out the links but unfortunately formal hire not available on the Sun Princess :( will have to purchase after all

Only purchase if you really want to dress in real formal outfits.

For men, a dark suit (or really any suit) and a tie is very acceptable on formal evenings.

DH checked out the rental price and the online price to purchase a tux, The cost was similar. Now he has been able to wear his tux on several cruises. He also wore it at our daughter's wedding. So it has actually saved us money.

DH checked out the rental price and the online price to purchase a tux, The cost was similar. Now he has been able to wear his tux on several cruises. He also wore it at our daughter's wedding. So it has actually saved us money.

Good point; in fact I did the same. I have, however, considered renting a tux at sea even though I own one so I can travel with just a carry-on bag.

Good point; in fact I did the same. I have, however, considered renting a tux at sea even though I own one so I can travel with just a carry-on bag.

That's what DH does if we are travelling abroad. Our last cruise abroad was on RCI and his tux and shirt made his carry-on bag bulge, so out they came and we arranged for a rental in advance. He does own one, and we don't pay luggage fees, but for a trip like that I don't want to be tied down with a large suitcase.

I own a Tux, bought at a national chain department store. Price was reasonable. I bought it because my wife and I ballroom dance, and when our dance club has a formal dance, we can be dressed appropriately. I also take it when we cruise; it is light weight. I take a pair of my ballroom dance shoes which are very light weight. They may not be actual formal tux shoes, but they suffice and look very nice with the tux.

I have used cruiselineformalwear on most of our cruises. What I like is that in the afternoon of embarkation day the the tox magically appears in the closet and then disappears the last evening. The shoes can stiff, but since most of our evenings are spent in the DR or at a show blisters have not been a problem. Once the shirt sleeves were a limitless short and another time the pants were too long but we were able to fix both items with the able assistance of our room steward. Be sure too try it on the first day, not the evening you need it!

Much better option than lugging your own around and having to get it pressed after you get it out. I have rented through them for our Australia to Beijing, no problem. On our New Zealand to Australia cruise I had my own and decided that was too much trouble.