Photo Package??

Boatingmom

I am on the Golden right now and they have indeed introduced a photo package. It is $100 for all portraits. $125 if you also want a digital copy of all portraits. I snapped it up without thinking! What a deal with portraits starting at $25 each!

This was not the case on our recent Alaskan cruise aboard the crown. They were charging if you purchased the print version, $15 for a digital copy, but you had to buy their thumb drive at $15. Any other images you purchased were $10 for the digital copy. They did not offer packages. The only packages that were offered were if you used their "platinum studio". Which we decided to do as we were sailing with our twin 2 year olds and had not gotten any decent photos of. They explained the platinum studio as black and white only, with packages starting at $199, no sitting fee and no obligation to purchase. We had a 1/2 hour session, which our kids seemed terrible at, but were surprised the next day at our viewing session at the number of wonderful shorts she got. However we were extremely surprised at the prices! :eek: packages did not start at $199, they started at $599.99! One individual 8x10 photo was $199. Unfortunately I felt very mislead! They were wonderful photos, but way overpriced!

I am on the Golden right now and they have indeed introduced a photo package. It is $100 for all portraits. $125 if you also want a digital copy of all portraits. I snapped it up without thinking! What a deal with portraits starting at $25 each!

I sure wish they would start this fleet-wide. We would so do this! I do digital scrapbooking so I need digital copies, but it's way too expensive to buy the paper copy and the digital copy. This would be great.

Fingers crossed they will do this on my cruise!

Just off the Jan 26-31 cruise.

$50 gets all the prints Princess photographers typically take of you during the cruise. All are 8x10" size. Shots include embarkation, port of call photos as you leave the ship, dinner photos in restaaunts, champagne pour, formal night (multiple backdrops and poses) and casual photo night.

Its a very nice deal for most people. We ended up only liking 2 of the photos so we just bought them.

Actual printed photos or digital? This sounds like a great deal for either, hubby can't make our trip and DD has beautiful dresses to wear so it would be nice to have some lovely pics of her to take home.

I'm a digital scrapbooker too and I would definitely pay $125 for a thumb drive with all photos. Can anyone tell me about how many pictures are taken for a week long Alaskan cruise?

Is there a chance we could have pictures taken while in port?

Lorielucks (or anyone else on the Golden now): Since you're on the Golden right now, can you ask the Photo Dept if this package is going to be on every itinerary going forward? I'm on the July 21st sailing and would LOVE to purchase the digital package since I do digital scrapbooking. Thanks!

The Photo dept said this was the first sailing to have the package. I believe they plan to keep the package on the Golden for the duration and if it goes well, expand it to other ships.

There have been many photo opportunities. We are 3 nights in and we have already taken approximately 20 portraits. (It's our 20th anniversary and this is the only time we ever do family portraits so we are taking every opportunity to get pictures.).

It really is a great package. It doesn't include any informal pictures, but those are usually kind of bad anyway.

The Photo dept said this was the first sailing to have the package. I believe they plan to keep the package on the Golden for the duration and if it goes well, expand it to other ships.

There have been many photo opportunities. We are 3 nights in and we have already taken approximately 20 portraits. (It's our 20th anniversary and this is the only time we ever do family portraits so we are taking every opportunity to get pictures.).

It really is a great package. It doesn't include any informal pictures, but those are usually kind of bad anyway.

Once again -- what is the cost and what does it include?

Just off the Ruby in Alaska on June 28. There were no multi-pose packages available and staff hadn't heard of them. The only packages were different sizes of the same pose. We tried the Platinum Studio and while the pictures were good, I was not wowed. I was more wowed by the the formal portraits we had taken around the ship. They were amazingly well done. They were selling plenty of pictures at $25 each and not just to me! I wish they would have had the package, but no luck for our sailing....

Here you go caribill. I understood from the photo department that this is s trial.

$50 gets all the prints Princess photographers typically take of you during the cruise. All are 8x10" size. Shots include embarkation, port of call photos as you leave the ship, dinner photos in restaaunts, champagne pour, formal night (multiple backdrops and poses) and casual photo night.

Its a very nice deal for most people. We ended up only liking 2 of the photos so we just bought them.

On the May 2 cruise I went on aboard the Coral, the only offer they had was if you purchased the first photos getting onboard, 3 photos on an 8 X 10 sheet, you got the bonus flash drive with that photo on it. Otherwise all photos were $20 ea. Must be only certain ships? ??

if its $50 for all the pictures they take over the whole cruise, I'd say then that's a good deal. Two yrs ago we got our photos taken in the Dominican when on honeymoon and it was $10 each, so the 13 photos we picked ran to $130.

There was only one print out and the rest were on a cd disc .

• 2 weeks later...
Just off the Grand' date=' and there were no photo packages. :mad: I ended up spending over 300, and that was being very selective![/quote']

They were just testing the package for the first time on the Golden July 1 sailing. By the end of the cruise, I got the feeling from the photo staff that management was regretting the low $100 cost. I think they took a real big hit - I know that I came away with 88 8 x 10 prints and 88 digital copies for $125. I would not be surprised if they raised the price or cancelled it altogether.

• 2 weeks later...

Just off the star and there was no photo package offered :( It was $20 for an 8 x 10 and you had to buy the print to get a digital copy of it added to a flash drive for $15, then each additional image on the drive was $10.

• 6 months later...

Just off the Emerald and I can confirm that there were no photo packages. The only photo package they had was if you buy 5 photos you get the 6th one free. Each photo cost $25 and $15 each to put it on a pen drive. First copy free. We were not going to buy any as they were expensive but on the 2 formal nights they had a raffle going on at each background location for $100 worth of photos (4 photos from entire cruise, as long as they're within $100). We won first prize so got our pictures for free..:D. Make sure if you're on the Emerald to take lots of pics at different backgrounds/locations so more chances at raffle.

Just off the Emerald and I can confirm that there were no photo packages. The only photo package they had was if you buy 5 photos you get the 6th one free. Each photo cost $25 and $15 each to put it on a pen drive. First copy free. We were not going to buy any as they were expensive but on the 2 formal nights they had a raffle going on at each background location for $100 worth of photos (4 photos from entire cruise, as long as they're within $100). We won first prize so got our pictures for free..:D. Make sure if you're on the Emerald to take lots of pics at different backgrounds/locations so more chances at raffle.

DW has the same opinion about the Power Ball Lottery! :D The more tickets she buys the better her chances! :p So far in 15+ years we are still waiting for a winning ticket! :eek: (How many cruises could we have gone on??? :confused: )

Just Mike

They were just testing the package for the first time on the Golden July 1 sailing. By the end of the cruise, I got the feeling from the photo staff that management was regretting the low $100 cost. I think they took a real big hit - I know that I came away with 88 8 x 10 prints and 88 digital copies for $125. I would not be surprised if they raised the price or cancelled it altogether.

The price on Golden for sailings down under had gone up, we paid $199AUD for the package on our Dec 2015 NZ cruise with $50 for the digital copies. Still good value as it covers every photo taken during your cruise and the south pacific peso is almost worthless at the moment.

We ended up with 164 for a family of 4 over 13 days but we were no where near the record as previous passengers had racked up was well over 300 for a couple on a 10 day cruise :eek:

Going on first cruise in March aboard the Caribbean P. There's an option to buy thumb drive for $15 to "transfer purchased digital photographs taken by our professional photography staff." Has anyone done this, and what are the costs of each picture? :)

I'm in if it's this price. I would even pay double that!

I hope it's on the Royal on Dec!

• 1 month later...