Photo Package??

Boatingmom

Again thanks. I saw that review and that's what prompted the question. It was looking for a little more detail such as size of prints, duplicates, poses, price etc. Seems it might just be too new. I'll wait till I board and see if there is anything advertised. Seems as a family we ay save with this $50.00 offer as we usually get a family portrait and one leaving ship in port.

Also would love to know about this. I know my daughters have done something like this on other cruise lines. It would be great if Princess started. I will just be happy with digital copies as I use those for digital scrapbooking and there are only so many printed pictures one can hang or display.;)

The more I think about this, the less likely it seems. I think on RCCL several years ago, it was $200-300 to get a package of all the pictures. $50 seems way too cheap to be very many pictures.

Exactly what I was thinking. Aren't the pics 20.00 each and formal 25 or 30?

How funny- I digital scrapbook also so I also would be happy with just the digital images. I also wish they would sell a digi kit, but I'm learning to make my own stuff!

Digital scrapbooks are the way to go! It makes me so mad that I have to buy the picture to be able to buy the digital copy... it's just silly...wish we could just buy the digital pic. I keep hoping that they will come into the 21st century and put the pics on tv in our room or the intranet thing so we can just order which we would like! I know it's a major source of revenue, but there has to be a better way.

Just off the Jan 26-31 cruise.

$50 gets all the prints Princess photographers typically take of you during the cruise. All are 8x10" size. Shots include embarkation, port of call photos as you leave the ship, dinner photos in restaaunts, champagne pour, formal night (multiple backdrops and poses) and casual photo night.

Its a very nice deal for most people. We ended up only liking 2 of the photos so we just bought them.

I agree about the digital shots and digital scrapbooking. I always wish they would set up the photo center with screens and stream digital images instead of printing the photos- after the initial investment they would save a lot of money and not waste the photo paper and chemicals. They could then sell images digitally or print them for purchase. It would give everyone more choices!

I agree about the digital shots and digital scrapbooking. I always wish they would set up the photo center with screens and stream digital images instead of printing the photos- after the initial investment they would save a lot of money and not waste the photo paper and chemicals. They could then sell images digitally or print them for purchase. It would give everyone more choices!

Princess is moving towards this.

On the Royal and Regal they do have kiosks in the photo gallery area where you can view your photos and order prints. They still do have the printed versions out for display and choosing. Current plans for the next ship in the Royal class will only have the kiosks and not have any prints on display.

They have an option for showing your photos based on facial recognition based on the security photo they take when you board the ship on embarkation day. It is not perfect yet and the software has gone through a number of revisions and more are expected.

There was one photo of us we could not locate, no matter how much we tried. One of the Princess staff was also unable to locate it on the kiosk, but she walked over to the printed photos on display and located the phoito for us.

Here is a picture of one of the kiosks. They also have some where you can sit down in front of them. (Sorry. I could not get it to rotate)

990104005010415PhotokisokinPhotoGallerydeck6DSC05383_zps4f19b422.jpg

If not locating your photo by facial recognition, you can select by locating them by being a portrait or an event and based on the day the picture was taken. This requires you remember what day the event picture you are seeking was taken.

990104012010415Photokisok-findbydayofportraitsoreventsDSC05391_zpse57c014c.jpg

If you do reach the portrait or event date you are seeking, you then get to find your picture just as you would from prints on display. (sorry, I can't get it to rotate)

990104014photosDSC05397copy_zps00e3fcf5.jpg

You can also share your photos with another cabin. Here are photos that were shared with us. We have absolutely no idea why as we do not know these people. Possibly you can enter in any random cabin number to share with.

990104013DSC05393_zps3f967d8f.jpg

Princess is moving towards this.

On the Royal and Regal they do have kiosks in the photo gallery area where you can view your photos and order prints. They still do have the printed versions out for display and choosing. Current plans for the next ship in the Royal class will only have the kiosks and not have any prints on display.

They have an option for showing your photos based on facial recognition based on the security photo they take when you board the ship on embarkation day. It is not perfect yet and the software has gone through a number of revisions and more are expected.

There was one photo of us we could not locate, no matter how much we tried. One of the Princess staff was also unable to locate it on the kiosk, but she walked over to the printed photos on display and located the phoito for us.

Here is a picture of one of the kiosks. They also have some where you can sit down in front of them. (Sorry. I could not get it to rotate)

990104005010415PhotokisokinPhotoGallerydeck6DSC05383_zps4f19b422.jpg

If not locating your photo by facial recognition, you can select by locating them by being a portrait or an event and based on the day the picture was taken. This requires you remember what day the event picture you are seeking was taken.

990104012010415Photokisok-findbydayofportraitsoreventsDSC05391_zpse57c014c.jpg

If you do reach the portrait or event date you are seeking, you then get to find your picture just as you would from prints on display. (sorry, I can't get it to rotate)

990104014photosDSC05397copy_zps00e3fcf5.jpg

You can also share your photos with another cabin. Here are photos that were shared with us. We have absolutely no idea why as we do not know these people. Possibly you can enter in any random cabin number to share with.

990104013DSC05393_zps3f967d8f.jpg

Sweet!

Just off the Jan 26-31 cruise.

$50 gets all the prints Princess photographers typically take of you during the cruise. All are 8x10" size. Shots include embarkation, port of call photos as you leave the ship, dinner photos in restaaunts, champagne pour, formal night (multiple backdrops and poses) and casual photo night.

Its a very nice deal for most people. We ended up only liking 2 of the photos so we just bought them.

I'm amazed, but delighted if true. Two formal pics would normally be more than $50!!

Keep in mind that the $50.00 offer is really a loss leader. Yes, you can buy the package, but what they really want is the chance to upsell the package. You go to pick up the photos and before you know it, you are buying DVDs, memory sticks, framed photos etc, etc, etc.

We have bought photo packages on a couple of cruises-but they were ties to special events. One one cruise my mother joined us and we had some photos taken on formal night. We bought a package to give to her and we kept some as well. On another cruise we had a renewal of vows package, which came with one free photo, but we bought a nice package as well.

As for prices, you can spend $20 bucks or so for one picture, of 450 for that package, or $200-300 for a "typical" package they put together.

• 1 month later...

$50 for one of each photo taken seems an incredibly good deal. Id sit though an upsell pitch to get it! I hope it's available on our Grand Med cruise in june .

I'm the photographer in the family so rarely an I actually 'in' a photo!

Nope- not to be found on our Star Princess Hawaii cruise a few weeks ago- in fact the photo staff had never heard of this being offered! I had to buy pictures this time as I had my (almost 4) year old twins, 7 year old son and 90 year old mother in law with us! They really need more packages- if there were better deals I would have bought more- I told my husband they need a package where they way over charge you for a thumb drive (say $50 or so) then allow you to load it up with digital copies of pictures at $5 per image. I would have taken way more pictures and spent way more money!