Tell us about the deal you got!

Mr and Mrs C

With the promo from yesterday that has been extended to today did anyone get a smoking hot deal?

I was hoping to book the breakaway for jan. 2017 but those dates are not out yet. Also I see for breakaway 2016, it's not kids sale free, it's 50% off.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I was able to get through yesterday after being on hold almost 2 hours. I added a 5th to our family ocean view. We kept the UBP and saved $1050 on the three. The price went up Friday night on the 3-5th guest to $699 each so theoretically we saved $2100!

I'm so excited that we got both the F&FSF and UBP!!! No more checking prices for me. I'm keeping this deal! :D

Called yesterday about our current booking on the Epic. Got a $520.00 price drop, chose UBP and UDP from the promo but I lost a $279.00 OBC that I had from the promo that was going on when I booked. Very happy with the deal I got. We won't need that OBC now that we won't have a bar bill. :D

I saved a combined $1300 on my two H4 Breakaway cabins and really thought I would be saving almost double that price but the 1-2 went up significantly. But for three hours of being on the phone it was worth it.

I also saved $950 combined for the AARP rate that was able to be combined two weeks ago with the triple play.

If it wasnt for cruisecritic, I would not have had any ideas about these savings!

js

I did a new booking. Normally, I sail with Royal, but with this deal, I thought it would be a good time to try NCL. 7 night western Caribbean, from Houston, December 2015. 4 people OK obstructed ocean view ( accessible-yes, it is needed). With UBP for $1448 incl taxes and port charges. I would normally get the beverage package for all anyhow, so this saves $974 for us that we otherwise would spend. So, net to me, it is like paying $475 for a weeks cruise for 4. I can't beat that. Now, I have to do some research on the cabin and make sure it will work for DH.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by Kcruiser2014

Sounds like you guys got some great deals! :) I figured it up on the NCL website and there was no better rate for my 4. If I went through my TA website it is $400 cheaper, but the kicker is, due to the extended wait times and phoniness down they are not accepting phone calls about NCL. :confused: Says they can't make or change current reservations. Its not huge big deal, as I feel we did get a great deal for a mid ship mini suite and OBC :)....but that $400 is a plane ticket :eek:

We saved $800 on our family cruise in November 2015. When the 3 promos hit last month, I added the 3 promos to our suite for 300 more. We thought it was well worth the price for all we were getting. To be able to keep the promo AND drop $800 for an already reasonably priced cruise for the 5 of us is amazing. Well worth the wait.

We had just booked last week for what I felt was already a great deal, $3406 for our family of 4 on the Dawn out of New Orleans in a family suite with free UBP, UDP & $300 credits...then I called this morning to add the F&F deal and it worked like a charm, they took $498 off of our total for our 2 kids so now the total is only $2908!!

I'm confused why everyone says this will end today...I got a postcard in the mail that says it is good through 2/28...it lists the 4 offers. What is different about today's offer?

Yes, the four are available through the month. Today only, in an ocean view, balcony or mini suite, you can get 3-8 passengers free (except pay taxes and port fees) AND UBP, UDP, or OBC. So you get two promos instead of one.

Saved just under a grand on a Breakaway M6 for 2 adults and two kids. OBC stayed about the same.

Celebrity Horizon 2002

Celebrity Constellation 2003

Carnival Conquest 2004

Disney Wonder 2005

RCCL Voyager of the Seas 2009

Celebrity Summit 2010, 2011, 2013

Celebrity Millennium 2012

Disney Magic 2014

RCCL Explorer of the Seas 2014

Booked Dawn to Bermuda next year for Dh and I. Saw the ksf offer and called my TA. She waited on the phone over 2 hours and was able to add my 3 kids to our sailing for an additional $420 (taxes) their fare is $0. Booked a suite so also get all 3 promos. The week following our sailing promo for guests 3-8 was only 50% off. At that rate our cruise fare would have been 2k more. Very happy with our deal and won't be looking for anything better 😊

Sounds like you guys got some great deals! :) I figured it up on the NCL website and there was no better rate for my 4. If I went through my TA website it is $400 cheaper, but the kicker is, due to the extended wait times and phoniness down they are not accepting phone calls about NCL. :confused: Says they can't make or change current reservations. Its not huge big deal, as I feel we did get a great deal for a mid ship mini suite and OBC :)....but that $400 is a plane ticket :eek:

That is TERRIBLE customer service by the TA! Is that policy not to help customers with a lower price when cruise line call centers are busy in writing? If not, they owe you $400!

Can you transfer the booking from the TA to NCL? You could get your price and the TA would lose their commission, which they deserve.

Good luck to you!

I don't know what deal y'all are talking about so I'll tell mine that has nothing to do with that. the day after Thanksgiving we were searching for a cruise out of Houston or Galveston in May after our kids graduate from college. ncl had a good deal on an ocean view on the jewel for $399 but it was in march. turns out it was the week of spring break for the kids. my sister-in-law is our TA and was in Florida preparing to go on Alure with my other SIL so after a call to her supervisor at work we booked 2 OV cabins for $369 pp including $130 OBC per cabin. That cabin is over $1000 today. even though the OBC has gone up to $300 we are $1600 plus to the good. good times!

I booked our Alaska 2016 cruise back in late December when I thought I was getting a great deal with the free beverage package. I had planned to use 60,000 NCL CC reward points to do a double meta cross (or whatever it is called) upgrade from inside to balcony. However, when I saw I could go from OA to BA by just using 30,000 points and get the beverage package, that was the best choice. I saved $1500 with the reward points. So, imagine my surprise to see in the past month a few small drops in price, a large drop saving $800+, and then they combined that sale with the AARP discount, saving another $100+. Then saved another $479 yesterday with the KSF sale. All in all I saved $1800 off our original booking. I honestly never thought I'd save that much in just over 5 weeks time.

Wow, it is awesome reading all the good deals everybody has gotten!!! I am sort of considering myself lucky lol........reading yesterday on cc about price drops, checked my cabin pricing and it is gone up $260 US a person!!!! Yikes! So, no point getting the third person free as it wouldn't be worth it. Glad I booked a few weeks ago when the price was down and I got a good US/can exchange rate, phewff.

I will keep monitoring my cabin price, you never know!!!! Actually had my eye on two other cruises for the same dates and they also went up substantially!

So I guess some went up and some went down and I'm happy for you all, yay deals!!!

Leah

Cannot match the deal we got booking a suite with the AI - we booked in August for next June.

Prics have gone up so much that even if our kids sailed free we would be behind!

On another cruise, adjoining cabin had a price drop of 50 dollars pp per #1 and 2, but the third passenger rate went up overnight ( the same day the KSF started) from 699 to 1,199.00. So the third passenger half price saved us 50 dollars. We already had free UDP for that cabin

In a third cruise, Suite with #1 and# 2 at 200 less each

than we paid last year ,all 3 specials and the kids 50. Percent off

Savings- about 2400 . We would have booked this cruise without the specials

So we did eh, ih and Wow!

In that order

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Saw where my Booked Med cruise in March 2016 dropped in price, Emailed my TA and it looks like I saved another $250

Already have the $200 OBC as well as the UDP so any aditional savings is good...

Edited by warriorking

I managed to save $540 on our cruise and keep our $200 OBC. I'm so stoked! This is for a 2016 Alaskan cruise that my BFF and I are planning to meet up for so we can play catch-up on what's been happening in our lives. :D