Ultimate Dining

pateng

I have 4 in a cabin with udp. My son will only eat what he eats so will not be having what the restaurants are offering. Can someone else have his dinner? Specifically someone not in our cabin. Otherwise, dh and I would have our kids entrees. Does Ncl "charge" all four dinners to one of our cards? Curious as to how udp is redeemed.

Edited by SJ

I have 4 in a cabin with udp. My son will only eat what he eats so will not be having what the restaurants are offering. Can someone else have his dinner? Specifically someone not in our cabin. Otherwise, dh and I would have our kids entrees. Does Ncl "charge" all four dinners to one of our cards? Curious as to how udp is redeemed.

Each of your passenger cards (for cabin access, getting off/on the ship, charging stuff) will have a little sticker on it, indicating UDP.

At the end of the meal, you'll each be asked for your cards, to "pay" for the meal. For anyone with a UDP sticker, there will be a "charge" and then it will be zero'd out from the UDP credit.

If you get an "extra charge" entree, that will be "charged" and then zero'd out, too.

GeezerCouple

When we ate at Cagney's they offered my kids a children's menu. It was the same one from the main dining room. It is basically a free meal that they could get without the UDP, and doesn't take full advantage of the UDP, but it may be appealing to your son.

When we ate at Cagney's they offered my kids a children's menu. It was the same one from the main dinin the same cabinng room. It is basically a free meal that they could get without the UDP, and doesn't take full advantage of the UDP, but it may be appealing to your son.

Thank you. This I already know I was just wondering if someone else can have his specialty dinner, like our travel companion not in the same cabin?

Thank you. This I already know I was just wondering if someone else can have his specialty dinner, like our travel companion not in the same cabin?

Q. CAN I BUY DINNER FOR MY FRIENDS WITH THE ULTIMATE DINING PACKAGE?

A. The Ultimate Dining Package is for personal consumption. If you wish to pay for someone else’s dinner, you will incur in regular cover charges for their consumption.

http://www.ncl.com/udp/faq

No. They would have to use his card, and it would be apparent that he is not that person by the photo stored in the system.

Each of your passenger cards (for cabin access, getting off/on the ship, charging stuff) will have a little sticker on it, indicating UDP.

At the end of the meal, you'll each be asked for your cards, to "pay" for the meal. For anyone with a UDP sticker, there will be a "charge" and then it will be zero'd out from the UDP credit.

If you get an "extra charge" entree, that will be "charged" and then zero'd out, too.

GeezerCouple

Really? I thought with UDP, you are responsible for the extra surcharge items at specialty restaurants. I think I might have read it on NCL website

Really? I thought with UDP, you are responsible for the extra surcharge items at specialty restaurants. I think I might have read it on NCL website

Nope, one can order the extra charge entrees and it's covered. (We did this on several occasions just last month.)

What is somewhat restricted, and misunderstood/unclear, is the "second entree" in one evening/at one sitting.

There are two separate FAQs sheets we've seen, and one says extra entrees are covered except at Cagney's, and one says extra entrees are covered except at Cagney's and Le Bistro.

We did this (had two separate entrees for one person) at Le Bistro, and both were listed on the bill, and both were zero'd out - again, last month.

Given that one could "sit" more than once at a specialty in one evening, this restriction (at even one specialty) is a bit silly, it would seem.

GeezerCouple

It is my understanding that you can go to multiple per day.

Maybe someone can confirm this?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I was on the epic in March and I had the ultimate dining package. I would usually visit two or three specialty restaurants a night.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Forums mobile app

We've been on several cruises where Teppanyaki has been open at lunch on some sea days.

I'm really interested about Teppanyaki for lunch. Sounds like a good option since the MDR lunch menu is quite limited.

How do we find out if it is available during our cruise? Do they publish the info in the Freestyle daily?

Thanks in advance. :)

I'm really interested about Teppanyaki for lunch. Sounds like a good option since the MDR lunch menu is quite limited.

How do we find out if it is available during our cruise? Do they publish the info in the Freestyle daily?

Thanks in advance. :)

Yes, it will be in the Freestyle Daily, but you don't get that until it's delivered to your cabin the night before.

I'm sure if you go to the restaurant reservations desk they will be able to look up which days it will be open on your cruise so you can book in advance. Also, I can't be certain as I haven't looked, but you may be able to book it on line before you take you cruise, just as you can book dinner reservations.

Edited by njhorseman

Yes, it will be in the Freestyle Daily, but you don't get that until it's delivered to your cabin the night before.

I'm sure if you go to the restaurant reservations desk they will be able to look up which days it will be open on your cruise so you can book in advance. Also, I can't be certain as I haven't looked, but you may be able to book it on line before you take you cruise, just as you can book dinner reservations.

That's good to know. We will definitely check it out. :)

Thanks for your help!

We were not able to book lunch at Teppanyaki online for our cruise, even though it was open for lunch. It never looked busy at lunch time any of the 4 days it was open (3 sea days plus the day we missed a port), so I'd think people could just walk up, too.