Just off Enchantment 3 day

pittisit

We live near Port Canaveral and went on a 3 day with our friends who have never cruised before.

Some thoughts:

- Terminal 1 at Canaveral is AMAZING - it's efficient, well designed, has clean bathrooms (located throughout), and is easy to drive in / out of.

- Chops and the MDR were both significantly better than our last cruise on Freedom. This was the best Chops Experience (of 4) that we've had. Amazing service from Ronaldo. I am going to let corporate know how great he was. Food was outstanding as well - on par with $100 a plate spots we've been to. Still an Impressive experience for $30 a head.

- Our steward was fantastic as well.

- For being an "older" ship, she's in great shape. Much better than Monarch before they transferred her. Nice to have something newer for a short cruise close by.

- we brought a box of wine and a lot of "shot packets" and no one said anything about this being an issue to us. Made for a much more enjoyable weekend to drink our own wine and not feel nickel and dimed. (bota box old vine zin is great) - also bartenders happily gave us wine glasses so we didn't have to rip them off a table as we walked by

- they did a great job of making sure that people who wanted to watch the super bowl could - ship was a ghost town during the game if you weren't in one of the 4 locations.

A few quirks we didn't like

- debarkation was fine since we were on deck 4, but those on higher decks were stuck standing in line on deck 5 outside. This happened on Freedom too. Why don't they do 2 debarkation gangways?! Not fun to spend the last 3 hours of your cruise waiting to get off the boat.

- since it was chilly outside, the Solarium was crowded

- we had to skip coco cay due to wind, but instead went to Nassau early - (fair compromise!)

Overall very minor complaints, and a great vacation for the price. Got $125 OBC and an inside room - total sea pass charge was $78.

Bottom Line: we converted our friends to start cruising too! (I guess Royal did their part in this area too)

Wanted to share some positivity with this board that has taught me so much about getting the most out of our cruises.

Have fun!

Thanks for posting about your experience! I will be cruising on the Enchantment for the first time at the end of this month (have been on other RCCL ships, just not this one). I have convinced my friend to give cruising a try, so it will be her first time on any ship... so I am especially happy to hear you had so many positive experiences (I'm hoping to successfully convert her into a "cruiser" just as you did with your friends :D)

Melissa

Thanks for posting about your experience! I will be cruising on the Enchantment for the first time at the end of this month (have been on other RCCL ships, just not this one). I have convinced my friend to give cruising a try, so it will be her first time on any ship... so I am especially happy to hear you had so many positive experiences (I'm hoping to successfully convert her into a "cruiser" just as you did with your friends :D)

Melissa

You'll have a great time. You can tell the people who work on Enchantment love the ship.

Advice - if you're looking for more chairs/deck to sunbathe, try deck ten aft near the rock wall. It's quieter and you can cut into the fitness center to use the restrooms when needed. (just make sure you calculate where the sun is going to be)!

What is a shot packet?

Porta shots - I find them at my local Total Wine

http://www.portashots.com/

I get the soda package, and then make rum and cokes or whiskey cokes (or sprite) If you want rum, get the "Gold"

I throw a few in my pocket when heading to the pool deck and rip and pour into my soda cup.

Much more convenient than trying to smuggle in a contact lens bottle or mouthwash. And I don't have to carry around a flask.

I get the soda package, and then make rum and cokes or whiskey cokes (or sprite) If you want rum, get the "Gold"

I throw a few in my pocket when heading to the pool deck and rip and pour into my soda cup.

Much more convenient than trying to smuggle in a contact lens bottle or mouthwash. And I don't have to carry around a flask.

They look like condoms. :eek:

Enchantment is one of my favorite ships lately. What really makes her stand out is the crew. I feel the vibe of a happy crew very quickly and it impacts a lot. My opinion is based on 3 sailings over the past 9 months.

Edited by nyyfan246

We were on the 4 day cruise before you... Your review comments were "spot on" as far as what we experienced on this ship for the most part...but I saw a different disembarkation experience than you. After breakfast in the MDR that morning we returned to our room and slowly moved up to a comfortable chairs on deck 5 with perfect view of the line up to leave the ship. Occasionally the groups leaving were large but moving quickly. No one was in line for 3 hours or even close.

We also did not get to CocoCay and our weather was chilly and very windy.

We had an OV room on deck 2 and only disappointment was no refrigerator...our first time without a balcony but we grabbed a last minute "deal" since we also live close to the Port.

I'm ready to go again...and I think I will!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

You'll have a great time. You can tell the people who work on Enchantment love the ship.

Advice - if you're looking for more chairs/deck to sunbathe, try deck ten aft near the rock wall. It's quieter and you can cut into the fitness center to use the restrooms when needed. (just make sure you calculate where the sun is going to be)!

Thanks for the great tip about the deck chairs. I'm not usually a huge sunbather, but I know my friend is so we will be spending lots of time in these, I'm sure...lol!

Enchantment is one of my favorite ships lately. What really makes her stand out is the crew. I feel the vibe of a happy crew very quickly and it impacts a lot. My opinion is based on 3 sailings over the past 9 months.

It's great to hear from both of you how awesome the crew is. It may not matter to some, but to me, a great crew can really add so much to a cruise. Getting super excited now.... just 21 more days!

Melissa

We live near Port Canaveral and went on a 3 day with our friends who have never cruised before.

Some thoughts:

- Terminal 1 at Canaveral is AMAZING - it's efficient, well designed, has clean bathrooms (located throughout), and is easy to drive in / out of.

- Chops and the MDR were both significantly better than our last cruise on Freedom. This was the best Chops Experience (of 4) that we've had. Amazing service from Ronaldo. I am going to let corporate know how great he was. Food was outstanding as well - on par with $100 a plate spots we've been to. Still an Impressive experience for $30 a head.

- For being an "older" ship, she's in great shape. Much better than Monarch before they transferred her. Nice to have something newer for a short cruise close by.

- we brought a box of wine and a lot of "shot packets" and no one said anything about this being an issue to us. Made for a much more enjoyable weekend to drink our own wine and not feel nickel and dimed. (bota box old vine zin is great) - also bartenders happily gave us wine glasses so we didn't have to rip them off a table as we walked by

- they did a great job of making sure that people who wanted to watch the super bowl could - ship was a ghost town during the game if you weren't in one of the 4 locations.

- debarkation was fine since we were on deck 4, but those on higher decks were stuck standing in line on deck 5 outside. This happened on Freedom too. Why don't they do 2 debarkation gangways?! Not fun to spend the last 3 hours of your cruise waiting to get off the boat.

- we had to skip coco cay due to wind, but instead went to Nassau early - (fair compromise!)

Overall very minor complaints, and a great vacation for the price. Got $125 OBC and an inside room - total sea pass charge was $78.

Bottom Line: we converted our friends to start cruising too! (I guess Royal did their part in this area too)

Wanted to share some positivity with this board that has taught me so much about getting the most out of our cruises.

Have fun!

I'm so glad I read this review. I was going to buy a box of wine, but I read on RC that alcohol and liquor were forbidden - and it especially mentioned boxed wines. I was wondering why, but whatever, if you got away with it, I'm trying it!

I LOVE all the ways people come up with to "beat" the drink package madness. I read someone purchased a six-pack of water, dumped the water and filled it with a clear liquor, and crazy-glued the tops back on. They even had mixers in some sort of non-descript bottle. I'm too chicken to try this, I'll be the first one caught!

We don't have Total Wine in PA. Is there one in Orlando/Cape/Port Canaveral where I could buy these when I get there?

We don't have Total Wine in PA. Is there one in Orlando/Cape/Port Canaveral where I could buy these when I get there?

There are two Total Wine stores in the Orlando area, one being in the Millenia area which is problably closest to the airport, but the opposite way of Port Canaveral. There is one Total Wine store in the Melbourne (Viera) area, about 30 minutes south of the port.

Pittisit,

You mentioned missing coco cay on your 3 night cruise but instead went early into Nassau. On my upcoming 3 night cruise, we hit Nassau first then Coco Cay the next day. If they were going to miss Coco Cay would they stay longer then the previously scheduled 12 hours at Nassau on Saturday night or leave Nassau at midnight and make Sunday a sea day?

Anyone else who might know can chime in as well.

Thanks

There are two Total Wine stores in the Orlando area, one being in the Millenia area which is problably closest to the airport, but the opposite way of Port Canaveral. There is one Total Wine store in the Melbourne (Viera) area, about 30 minutes south of the port.

Thanks. We're hiring a car to take us from the airport to the hotel the day before the cruise. I'll see if I can get the driver to take us to the Total Wine near the airport!

Thanks. We're hiring a car to take us from the airport to the hotel the day before the cruise. I'll see if I can get the driver to take us to the Total Wine near the airport!

Here is the Total Wine in Millenia:

http://www.totalwine.com/eng/storeLocator/redirect.cfm?sectionID=b2c/storeLocator/storeDetails.cfm&storeid=1&locationId=17808

Every time I've been to this store, there has been loads of traffic in the area. I would budget at least 30 minutes to get there.

Brandywine, do the math - you may pay lots more for a taxi ride and to hold the taxi while you shop for the alcohol packets, than you will save on the cost of a few drinks.

I've seen the packets at our local Total, but the staff tells me they are more for "college guys" (his words) than me. He tells me that are not very good. I may pick up a few just for a taste test.

Have a good cruise

M

Edited by cruisegirl1

Some thoughts:

Have fun!

Love the Enchantment, we live very close to PC also. Did you carry your box of wine on through security with you or did it go through packed luggage? We cruise on the Freedom in a few weeks.

Did you notice if they were letting guests on with soda and water through security as a carry on. We usually take a soft sided cooler with some caffeine free diet pepsi and water. Sometimes a 12 pack of water or soda, depends on how long we are cruising for.

Thanks for your review.

Brandywine, do the math - you may pay lots more for a taxi ride and to hold the taxi while you shop for the alcohol packets, than you will save on the cost of a few drinks.

I've seen the packets at our local Total, but the staff tells me they are more for "college guys" (his words) than me. He tells me that are not very good. I may pick up a few just for a taste test.

Have a good cruise

M

True hadnt thought of that, thanks!

Pittisit,

You mentioned missing coco cay on your 3 night cruise but instead went early into Nassau. On my upcoming 3 night cruise, we hit Nassau first then Coco Cay the next day. If they were going to miss Coco Cay would they stay longer then the previously scheduled 12 hours at Nassau on Saturday night or leave Nassau at midnight and make Sunday a sea day?

Anyone else who might know can chime in as well.

Thanks

If you miss CoCoCay the day after Nassau, it becomes a ''slow sail'' sea day. In the reverse scenario ( CoCoCay first stop, missed due to wind),then you make your way to Nassau, dock ~~ 1;00pm and stay overnight until the end of your ''regular'' call next day.

Should Nassau not have an available deck on the CoCoCay day, then it's Freeport for a short stay or a very slow-sail sea day until next morning in Nassau.