Does Zipline Require Any Skill?

LuCruise

There are no special skills needed on the zipline. My one and only time experience was on the Allure. It was quite daunting though standing near the edge so many decks up. You basically bend your knees and sit in your harness which will take all your weight. You then lift your legs up and off you go.

You will try and land at the other end with a running motion. I did a pretty good landing that's what the staff said. I have seen people not tall enough to reach the floor on landing, there is a spring buffer at the end of the zipline that will stop you but you do hit that hard.

Also, would my almost 11 year old be able to go on it? He's between average and tall for his age (but currently just under 10 years)

You have to be 52" and 75 lbs for the zipline. The minimum weight is so you don't get stuck in the middle.

Thank you all for the great and helpful responses. Sounds like the toughest part is the landing, but hopefully they will help you out.

You have to be 52" and 75 lbs for the zipline. The minimum weight is so you don't get stuck in the middle.

My DS is currently tall enough but guess he'll need to gain about 12lbs by next April. So we'l have to see. Definitely don't want him to get stuck in the middle. Funny enough, just this morning he mentioned a fun "zip line" at a playzone his school goes to. I refer to "funny" since our kids have no idea about our cruise so funny that he mentioned it out of the blue.

cello56, thanks for the video. I am at work now but will definitely take a look tonight when home. Thanks for sharing.

When I was waiting in line for the zipline on Allure the gentleman beside me had two full leg braces on. He had help getting to the take off zone and staff on the other end to assist him off and the staff walked his leg braces over to the landing zone. I really don't think there is anyone who couldn't enjoy this.

The most difficult part for me was just stepping off the platform. It was a lot of fun.

Here is a short video of me - middle aged/overweight lady - trying all the fun sports activities on Oasis! Believe me, if I can do all that - you can too! So much fun!!

Great video! And both the Zipline and the FlowRider! Fun!

Here is a short video of me - middle aged/overweight lady - trying all the fun sports activities on Oasis! Believe me, if I can do all that - you can too! So much fun!!

omg i love you! I've always been too intimidated to do the flowrider and rock wall! Did you take a class to learn how to do the flowrider?? You are awesome!

Is there any skill or strength you require on the zip line (to hold yourself straight...or when landing)? Or do you simply get hooked up and away you go? I'm assuming it's totally safe? I'm talking about the one offered on Allure or Oasis.

I'm not an adventurer, but it looks like tons of fun and at the moment I say I want to go on.

Also, would my almost 11 year old be able to go on it? He's between average and tall for his age (but currently just under 10 years)

Did allure zip line many times. Follow simple instructions and enjoy the ride.

I didn't zip line on Allure, only because it seemed kind of a long line for a short ride...but looked fun!

I HAVE ziplined in the Roatan rainforest....my rule in life is that if I might break a fingernail I won't do it....I am super girly and soooo Not an athlete. And I did it ... kind of scary, but thrilling! The funniest part was the "Release" we had to sign. It said "I will not sue if I get hurt or die." As an attorney, I thought that was pretty much to the point!!!

Anyhow, if I ziplined, anyone can! Do it!

I did a search and couldn't find the restrictions and limits for the zipline on the Allure. Would anyone have that information or tell me where to find it.

Thanks.

Someone quoted above that you have to be at least 52" tall and 75 lbs to be able to ride the zipline.

omg i love you! I've always been too intimidated to do the flowrider and rock wall! Did you take a class to learn how to do the flowrider?? You are awesome!

The sports staff that work in the Flowrider area are very helpful. The guy holding my hand walked me through the entire thing step by step. You can see he starts off by holding my hand, then my fingers, then just one finger, then he lets go! I am very proud of my 7 seconds of solo riding! The one and only time I tried stand up!!

The sports staff that work in the Flowrider area are very helpful. The guy holding my hand walked me through the entire thing step by step. You can see he starts off by holding my hand, then my fingers, then just one finger, then he lets go! I am very proud of my 7 seconds of solo riding! The one and only time I tried stand up!!

So to clarify...this wasn't a lesson? You did great. One question I have watching videos is how do you get off the flowrider (aside from falling and being pushed backwards over the hill)?