1st Time Cruisers booked on Getaway in May

WoodsDrive

My hubby and I are booked on the Getaway May 23, 2015 sailing for our first cruise to St. Thomas, St. Maartin, and Nassau. We opted for the UDP since I can't drink. To say I am excited is an understatement. This will be our first big trip without kids. Due to my health issues, we were booked into an accessible cabin (13700).

I can't say how much I appreciate reading the tips and advice here on CC. I have started a notebook to keep track of everything. I'd appreciate any and all ideas of things we must do.

Thank you.

Edited by WoodsDrive

My hubby and I are booked on the Getaway May 23, 2015 sailing for our first cruise to St. Thomas, St. Maartin, and Nassau. We opted for the UDP since I can't drink. To say I am excited is an understatement. This will be our first big trip without kids. Due to my health issues, we were booked into an accessible cabin (13700).

I can't say how much I appreciate reading the tips and advice here on CC. I have started a notebook to keep track of everything. I'd appreciate any and all ideas of things we must do.

Thank you.

I hope you have a wonderful cruise.

Was on Getaway with DW in September. Here's a few things I learned/experienced:

- When you first get on the ship, don't run to the buffet with the hordes. It is going to be very crowded for the first couple hours. Head over to O'Sheehans, it was almost empty for us around 12 - 12:30 the first day.

- If you do the Illusionarium, pay for the premium seating. I didn't, and even though I enjoyed the show, I wish I would've.

- THE GRILLED PINEAPPLE AT MODERNO. SWEET BABY JESUS IS IT GOOD

- Crepes in the Garden Cafe. I believe they are available during any dinner serving (6-9 or thereabouts). Go there. Get them. In case you can't tell we ate a lot :)

- Go to Howl at the Moon. The most fun onboard.

She is a beautiful ship with so much to offer. Enjoy!!

Thank you.

Does your Husband drink? The Dining package is worth about $15 dollars a day per person ($30 total a day). Drinks range from about 6-10 dollars with the gratuity each. if you husband like to have even 5 beers a day while on vacation (More like 4 if he drinks mixed drinks or wine) then the UBP is still the better deal. You can get the UBP for free ($62 per person a day after gratuity) and simply add the UDP if you want. That would be my suggestion if your Husband likes to have a few drinks a day. It will also let you get Virgin drinks and smoothies. Either way you will have a great time!! Enjoy!!

6&8

My wife and I sailed on the getaway last May we have booked another trip on her for 2016 loved the pot pie and wings at o'sheeans it is one of the complimentary options and it is open 24/7 if you want to look at sample daily papers here is a link

http://www.shipdetective.com/ships/pdf/norwegian_getaway_handouts/getaway_dailies.htm

You will love it have a great cruise

Does your Husband drink? The Dining package is worth about $15 dollars a day per person ($30 total a day). Drinks range from about 6-10 dollars with the gratuity each. if you husband like to have even 5 beers a day while on vacation (More like 4 if he drinks mixed drinks or wine) then the UBP is still the better deal. You can get the UBP for free ($62 per person a day after gratuity) and simply add the UDP if you want. That would be my suggestion if your Husband likes to have a few drinks a day. It will also let you get Virgin drinks and smoothies. Either way you will have a great time!! Enjoy!!

6&8

If he drank it would be a good deal. If he has more than one glass of wine in a week, it's a lot. He likes to say that he got all of his drinking done between 18 & 19.

Was on Getaway with DW in September. Here's a few things I learned/experienced:

- When you first get on the ship, don't run to the buffet with the hordes. It is going to be very crowded for the first couple hours. Head over to O'Sheehans, it was almost empty for us around 12 - 12:30 the first day.

- If you do the Illusionarium, pay for the premium seating. I didn't, and even though I enjoyed the show, I wish I would've.

- THE GRILLED PINEAPPLE AT MODERNO. SWEET BABY JESUS IS IT GOOD

- Crepes in the Garden Cafe. I believe they are available during any dinner serving (6-9 or thereabouts). Go there. Get them. In case you can't tell we ate a lot :)

- Go to Howl at the Moon. The most fun onboard.

She is a beautiful ship with so much to offer. Enjoy!!

Great suggestions. Thank you. DH plays piano, so Howl at the Moon is a must for us.

As for lunch the first day, I thought I read somewhere on CC that Cagney's serves lunch that day. Is that correct?

We are planning on the Illusionarium the first night since it's included with UDP that night.

I get to do all of the research and then sit down with DH to figure out what we will do each day. I'm the planner, he just wants me to tell him what do to. It's the perfect marriage. :D

Great suggestions. Thank you. DH plays piano, so Howl at the Moon is a must for us.

As for lunch the first day, I thought I read somewhere on CC that Cagney's serves lunch that day. Is that correct?

Hmmm, I am not sure on that one.

I get to do all of the research and then sit down with DH to figure out what we will do each day. I'm the planner, he just wants me to tell him what do to. It's the perfect marriage. :D

Sounds exactly like the DW and I :) I don't want to make decisions on vacation, just tell me where you'd like to go next, honey.