Steakhouse WINE PROMO !!

Tom-n-Cheryl

We boarded the Sunshine on Saturday. As is customary for us, we’re booked in the Steakhouse for each evening. On the first night we always opt for a bottle of Dom Perignon. Onboard it’s typically twice the cost of the best price you’ll find online. Imagine my surprise on that first night when we were told of their “wine promo” which applies to all bottles purchased on the first two nights. Basically it’s 50% off… and that’s nothing to sneeze at!

So, in addition to the bottle we usually enjoy on the first night we also purchased two bottles of Caymus for the second evening since we were enjoying that meal with another couple.

At the end of that meal last night I went ahead and purchased 4 more bottles to enjoy the other evenings. That 50% promo is for bottles purchased those two evenings, not necessarily consumed then. GREAT DEAL !

I'm not sure if this is fleet wide, or if it's limited to the Steakhouse. Either way, I'd love to see this continue !

i-STm8rBW-XL.jpg

Tom

We boarded the Sunshine on Saturday. As is customary for us, we’re booked in the Steakhouse for each evening. On the first night we always opt for a bottle of Dom Perignon. Onboard it’s typically twice the cost of the best price you’ll find online. Imagine my surprise on that first night when we were told of their “wine promo” which applies to all bottles purchased on the first two nights. Basically it’s 50% off… and that’s nothing to sneeze at!

So, in addition to the bottle we usually enjoy on the first night we also purchased two bottles of Caymus for the second evening since we were enjoying that meal with another couple.

At the end of that meal last night I went ahead and purchased 4 more bottles to enjoy the other evenings. That 50% promo is for bottles purchased those two evenings, not necessarily consumed then. GREAT DEAL !

I'm not sure if this is fleet wide, or if it's limited to the Steakhouse. Either way, I'd love to see this continue !

i-STm8rBW-XL.jpg

Tom

I must tell you that you know a thing or 2 what good is! my dad loved Chateauneuf du Pape.

Ooh I have a reservation at the Steakhouse on Conquest the first night in Sept. I hope it's avail then... we will be celebrating our honeymoon!

I'm wondering if this new 50% off wine promo replaces the complimentary bottle that you usually get when you dine the first night in the steakhouse?

I'm wondering if this new 50% off wine promo replaces the complimentary bottle that you usually get when you dine the first night in the steakhouse?

No, that's still in place. My staff dined in there on the first night and they managed 6 free bottles.

I need to watch out for that group.. lol .. treating them to the new Chef's Table on Wednesday. Cheryl and I have done the Chef's Table a few times previously, but that's always been with mostly people we don't know. This time we've got the entire table - should be a good night!

Tom

I can confirm this is valid on the Valor. Went to steakhouse the first night. When wife was not interested in the free wines, they gave us the offer of 50% off.

Looks like for the Valor the 50% off is the first night, while the free bottle is the first night and first formal night.

Just off Pride. We found only offered first night for free bottle of wine; no second night. My SIL opted for half off her choice. It was a limit of one only, for our table of four. So, she had the bottle for herself and had the remainder delivered to the DR next evening. She and I do not like the same type wine. I didn't suffer badly, however.

They seemed much stricter on Pride. We did ask if we could make two reservations and get a bottle for each couple. Wouldn't allow it.

The David's Steakhouse was delicious! :)

Poor David. He is now sporting a very large cluster of leaves. Some people complained about the graphic art. :(

No, that's still in place. My staff dined in there on the first night and they managed 6 free bottles.

I need to watch out for that group.. lol .. treating them to the new Chef's Table on Wednesday. Cheryl and I have done the Chef's Table a few times previously, but that's always been with mostly people we don't know. This time we've got the entire table - should be a good night!

Tom

Hey Tom, nice to see you back posting here. Would love to hear more about your cruise when you return.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

This is interesting as we have always thought about dining on the 2nd night when we have settled a little.

But 99 dollars for Chateauneuf-du-pape?

Goodness me, over here you can buy it for £13 ($19) or so....even at $49 its a little overpriced.

Its not particularly good either so we prefer to get something else from the supermarket...we met this eccentric wine guy in Brittany who declared it the Macdonalds of fine wines.

Edited by Velvetwater

This is interesting as we have always thought about dining on the 2nd night when we have settled a little.

But 99 dollars for Chateauneuf-du-pape?

Goodness me, over here you can buy it for £13 ($19) or so....even at $49 its a little overpriced.

Its not particularly good either so we prefer to get something else from the supermarket...we met this eccentric wine guy in Brittany who declared it the Macdonalds of fine wines.

Was this response a joke or do you know absolutely nothing about wines? I suggest you do a little research on Chateauneuf-du-pape if you really think there's one type and it's $19 a bottle. I just hate it when those "wine guys" declare certain wines the McDonald's of fine wines.

Was this response a joke or do you know absolutely nothing about wines? I suggest you do a little research on Chateauneuf-du-pape if you really think there's one type and it's $19 a bottle. I just hate it when those "wine guys" declare certain wines the McDonald's of fine wines.

Agree. We've never seen a $20 bottle, but have purchased them in the $40-$100 range. Some are better than others, it's personal preference. Wine doesn't have to be expensive to be "fine". Some of the lower priced Chateauneuf-du-pape wines are excellent compared to the higher priced ones.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

It's kind of like when they call Carnival the Wal-mart of cruise lines.... It just means they have no idea what they are talking about.:rolleyes:

Tom

Now THAT would be really fun to attend a Chef's Table with a private group of friends! :)

i-STm8rBW-XL.jpg

Tom

That's a great price. What vintage was the Dom Perignon?

Nope, no joke. Maybe its the benefits of living just across the sea from France? I have even stayed 10 miles shy of the place that gave the wine its name many years ago and still produce certain types (that was not the reason I was around there however).

Anyway here is the supermarket version thats £13 (actually has Tesco branding on it) and if I head to our local wine shop in the city theres another for around £26 thats their higher end. Both overpriced in different ways:

http://www.mysupermarket.co.uk/tesco-price-comparison/Red_Wine/Tesco_Finest_Chateauneuf_du_Pape_750ml.html

When we were on the Legend this summer they had the £13 version.

Everyone has different tastes I guess and it seems this is so across the pond.

Tom

First, welcome back.. missed your honest posts about Carnival..

Second, hope you guys have a great time

Third, can i come work for you ???? I can commute from Palm Beach County :)

Just off Pride. We found only offered first night for free bottle of wine; no second night. My SIL opted for half off her choice. It was a limit of one only, for our table of four. So, she had the bottle for herself and had the remainder delivered to the DR next evening. She and I do not like the same type wine. I didn't suffer badly, however.

They seemed much stricter on Pride. We did ask if we could make two reservations and get a bottle for each couple. Wouldn't allow it.

The David's Steakhouse was delicious! :)

Poor David. He is now sporting a very large cluster of leaves. Some people complained about the graphic art. :(

So 2Shoes2Go, on the Carnival Pride recently, it was only offered for 1 bottle (the bottle being chosen instead of the "free" bottle)?