Price drop advice

Puppy9

We are in a similar situation having paid our balance last week. This is our first cruise and settled on a B6 category to see if we enjoyed cruising.

Having checked today I noticed that we would now get a mini suite for less that our large balcony.....and they're throwing in the drinks package. We booked through an agent so I'll be watching this thread for info. I'm considering whether it's worth giving NCL a quick call direct and speak nicely to them. I've not found our TA to be particularly helpful with any queries post booking :confused:

We are in a similar situation having paid our balance last week. This is our first cruise and settled on a B6 category to see if we enjoyed cruising.

Having checked today I noticed that we would now get a mini suite for less that our large balcony.....and they're throwing in the drinks package. We booked through an agent so I'll be watching this thread for info. I'm considering whether it's worth giving NCL a quick call direct and speak nicely to them. I've not found our TA to be particularly helpful with any queries post booking :confused:

NCL won't speak with you (can't, actually, it's not their booking). You can ask you TA to call. You might be offered an upgrade, maybe some small OBC, or maybe nothing at all.

I've just spoken with a very friendly chap at NCL. He told me that the Drinks Package became an option only a few days after I had booked and that the price had indeed dropped.

He advised that even though the balance had been paid, for an admin fee of £35 per person they would re-jig to change to the drinks package and refund the price drop. He also suggested that if we wanted to the price drop difference to upgrade to a mini suite we could do that and no admin fee would apply. He did however tell me that it would be the TA that would have to take care of this so I've just sent her an email asking if she could check out the option of moving to the MX with the large balcony. Fingers crossed now that I have advised her of my conversation she can assist. I think I'm going to book direct next time :D

:cool: There is no penalty for asking...Give it a shot.

Worst that can happen is they say no...Also if they say no be nice hang up and call later and speak to a different Rep., they may offer you something..

Just keep trying..

Edited by warriorking

We are just back from three weeks on the NCL Sun (loved it!) so I am coming into most of these discussions late....

Call whomever you booked with (NCL or TA) immediately! Because you are Haven, you might get the lower price. On lower status stateroom categories, NCL will first offer a free upgrade. (For those of you in lower stateroom categories, check location. These may be better rooms but less desirable locations.) If you do not accept, NCL usually (don't know whether this is their policy) will offer 25% of the price difference as OBC for the cruise. Be careful here, we had several hundreds of dollars of OBC for three b2b's but OBC for all three had to be used during the first week.

I don't know how TA's handle this, but I'm sure will similarly offer something. Worse case scenario is that you wasted a phone call and will have a fabulous suite at a fair price.

If you want the best price on a cruise, book very late. But be prepared for a stateroom that is available because nobody else wanted it.

Good luck -- keep us informed on what happens!

He did however tell me that it would be the TA that would have to take care of this.... now that I have advised her of my conversation she can assist. I think I'm going to book direct next time :D

I booked with a TA in the past but now I just go direct. Imho being able to pull your own strings is worth more than the few freebies I was able to get with a TA.

My TA was able to upgrade me from a guaranteed balcony to the category guaranteed mini suite because of a price drop :) I use United Cruises (United Airlines) because they were offering miles per dollar as a promo and their prices were cheaper to begin with also instead of booking with NCL directly. If the price drops again, I will call them again.

Hi paid my final balance for my cruise in a haven suite last week and now its $1000 cheaper. I am 92 days out so i guess its tough luck?

Any advice or tips?

If you are before final payment date call for an adjusted rate. the only difference is since you are already paid in full (before final payment date) you will get OBC instead of having the cruise fare reduced.

You booked the Haven and you are here to complain - no sympathy from me for sure... if you can afford to pay that much for a week per person to be on the ship - get over it and deal with it..... Saved for over 2 years and all we can afford is obstructed view - and that's because the inside was the same price as the obstructed view

You booked the Haven and you are here to complain - no sympathy from me for sure... if you can afford to pay that much for a week per person to be on the ship - get over it and deal with it..... Saved for over 2 years and all we can afford is obstructed view - and that's because the inside was the same price as the obstructed view

There's no need to criticize! The OP just asked for some advice not about what you can afford financially nor for your sympathy. No need to be rude and frankly who wouldn't want to save some money! Regardless of how much you've spent!

No harm in calling but maybe on your next cruise don't book early. You can shop early but wait to purchase/book until after final payment is due.

That could be an issue with a Haven customer. If your heart is set on a certain type of suite, it might be unavailable if you wait that long. Not always the case, but it is possible.

90 days - call and ask for an adjustment.

If NCL truly respects your loyalty and you are in a top dog suite (Haven)

NCL CAN DO SOMETHING !

Did you book thru NCL or a TA either way call !

Good luck....I paid for a deluxe owner's suite in Nov for my daughter.....the rest of the family had paid for both GV's.....and the price of her Owner's suite dropped from $3699 per person to $1299 per person. When I called as the price was "dropping" I was told to wait til the LAST minute to see the actual lowest price...which I did. But then when I called, I was told that since the ship was "sold out now" there was no way that they could determine how much the lowest rate for her cabin was.....as IF I believe that NCL did NOT know what they sold each and every cabin for?

Anyway.....no OBC, NADA for us....and this was after taking a "hit" of almost $5000......and we did book directly with NCL...always do!

Very disappointed but we did get her the cabin that we originally were worried would sell out and had a great trip. Just left a "sour" taste in my mouth and has me looking more at Celebrity these days...just my 2 cents! As I would have been more than happy with a few hundred dollars OBC considering that we had dumped over $35,000 on this trip for the three suites.....seems as though NCL is shortsighted some of the time.

quote: get over it and deal with it

Very rude. Why bother posting if you can not answer the op's question.

Edited by janetz