Best night to eat at Steakhouse

lukesmom1019

We are going on a 7 night eastern Caribbean sailing on the Glory May 30,2015. We were thinking of eating at the steakhouse one night. What is everyone's opinion on the best night to eat there?

I know they have the deal about getting a free bottle of wine if you eat there the first night but I wondered about what other pros and cons there may be to eating there other nights.

Thanks in advance for everyone's opinions/help!!

We ALWAYS dine at least 5 nights at specialty restaurants on all ships/cruise lines and sometimes every night.

This is my suggestion:

About the complimentary wine its HORRIBLE, its a very cheap type wine and if you get the red it reminds us of vinegar. We could not drink it, I wonder how the white wine is?

What I do is I choose the menu's that I dislike in the MDR and eat at the specialty restaurants so you have a few options?

1- choose the menu that you least like and make that your steakhouse evening

2- If you have early seating, go the first day this way you don't have to rush to dinner after the ship leaves you can take your time

3- If your spending a lot of time in a port you may want to choose that day, you may want to relax/rest/nap, or you don't want to rush back to the ship to have your dinner

We are going on a 7 night eastern Caribbean sailing on the Glory May 30,2015. We were thinking of eating at the steakhouse one night. What is everyone's opinion on the best night to eat there?

I know they have the deal about getting a free bottle of wine if you eat there the first night but I wondered about what other pros and cons there may be to eating there other nights.

We check the dinner menu daily - if we want something different we chance availability at steak house or other specialty restaurant. We are easy going when we cruise and if they are booked, then oh well.

On some ships, the free bottle of wine for the steakhouse is also available on the first formal evening (in addition to the first evening). Also 50% off other bottles of wine purchased those evenings.

I say on some ships because per John Heald, this is supposed to be consistent fleet-wide, but based on some reports, it has not been on some ships.

I totally agree....on the Dream after eating in the MDR the first evening, we never went back every night we dined in the steakhouse was excellent!

On the Allure of the Seas didn't even go to the MDR we love the specialty restaurants, you get what you pay for.

I don't drink booze, so the 1st night offer of a free bottle of wine doesn't tickle my palate.

I prefer the Steakhouse on the last night of the cruise, which is generally a sea day on 7 night cruises. No, I'm not ducking the MDR wait staff, I usually have either prepaid tips or have autotip added to my S&S card. I usually cruise solo, so it's a way of signaling the end of the cruise, and I can reflect on how things went. I'm generally stuffed afterwards and maybe just hang out for an hour or so before bedtime. Since I usually either walk off or use platinum disembarkation, I can skip breakfast aboard the ship and just wake up and go right to the airport to catch my late morning or noon time flight. By the time I'm through airport security and at the gate, I can get a small bite to eat to tide me over until I get home.

I don't like reserving until I want to go. I prefer to take my chances instead of being locked in to a certain night. That is what happened our first cruise. I was really excited to go and had reservations and that day the sun and fun caught up with me and I was exhausted and not really hungry.

Any night is a good night. I have eaten in the Steakhouse's for over 100 times, since they were called the Supper Club and had live music and dancing. Many will go the first night just so they can get that very cheap bottle of wine, myself I have never gone on the first night, I love wine, just not cheap wine.