SuitePerks and All-in 1-2-3

cle-guy

Has anyone had any success when booking a Royal Suite (or PH or Reflection) in getting the Free Beverage Package that's part of the all-in 123 promo changed to additional OBC?

The Royal Suite included premium beverage package already as prat of the Suite Perks program (perk applies on RS and above), so the Beverage package perk as part of 123 is meaningless.

I swore I've read of some successes with this, but my TA is getting nothing but pushback from her contacts at X in this matter for a booking I made for October on Summit.

It probably won't happen because the promo is just that, a promo that is temporary. Giving OBC to offset that woud then open doors or compliants of passengers in other cabins that would complain that they don't drink, don't need it becasue they are Zenith, Elite, or etc, would want to exchange the classic for premium NA or something else.

Also In the premium suites I think they get the premium pack and the promo is for the classic so it is not really redundant.

happy crusing 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌞

Last June, we booked a Royal Suite for this coming May. At the time, instead of the 1-2-3, I believe the promotion was Pick your Perk, and we had a choice of one of the three: on-board credit, free gratuities or beverage package. Since the suite already includes a beverage package and we are getting significant OBC, we chose the free gratuities with no problem.

However, if you are asking if you can get the 1-2-3 deal and receive on-board credit, free gratuities and additional on-board credit to replace the beverage package, I doubt you will be successful, only because I have read on these boards that people have not even been able to switch the classic package for a premium non-alcoholic package as part of the 1-2-3. I get the impression that the inclusions of the promotion are pretty cut and dried. I could certainly be wrong.

If you are successful, I may need to revisit my booking, as additional on-board credit replacing the beverage package might be worth paying the higher price our cruise is now going for. Then again, I'm not sure what we'll do with the on-board credit we'll already be receiving since the upper suites are pretty inclusive.

Curt,

I thought I read something similar, but maybe it was a posting or conversation I had with someone who was zenith. We were also told by a (British) TA that they should do ths. In the conversations, I wasn't sure if by should he meant they ought to, or should as in it was policy and had. I clarified and he definitely meant he thought this was something they do.

Either way, we tried too to get OBC instead of the classic drink package as we didn't need the package with Royal / Penthouse bookings. What good is a classic package when you have a premium package? Answer through a few channels was the same. I gave up pretty quickly as it wasn't worth pursuing further to me.

I made the suggestion that it is an empty perk/promo and maybe they should consider it. Either way, maybe I shuoudi plan on drinking twice as much, so u get the value out of the premium package and the classic package. That's a lot of water, coffee, tea, soda, wine, Vodka, tequila and rum!

Please let us know if end you successful.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Edited by need2bespoiled

However, if you are asking if you can get the 1-2-3 deal and receive on-board credit, free gratuities and additional on-board credit to replace the beverage package, I doubt you will be successful, only because I have read on these boards that people have not even been able to switch the classic package for a premium non-alcoholic package as part of the 1-2-3.

They really don't allow people to pay to UG the classic beverage package to the premium beverage package?

They really don't allow people to pay to UG the classic beverage package to the premium beverage package?

You can upgrade from classic alcohol to premium alcohol and pay the difference; however, they don't allow anyone receiving the classic package as part of a promotion to switch from the classic alcohol to the premium non-alcoholic, even thought the package price is lower.

Has anyone had any success when booking a Royal Suite (or PH or Reflection) in getting the Free Beverage Package that's part of the all-in 123 promo changed to additional OBC?

The Royal Suite included premium beverage package already as prat of the Suite Perks program (perk applies on RS and above), so the Beverage package perk as part of 123 is meaningless.

I swore I've read of some successes with this, but my TA is getting nothing but pushback from her contacts at X in this matter for a booking I made for October on Summit.

No, I am having enough trouble getting them to reinstate the all-in 123 promo and Premium Beverage Package that have dropped off our reservation.

Certainly, whenever we mentioned that the Classic Beverage Package was meaningless for us, no one has suggested that we may have additional OBC.

Please post here if you do succeed in getting the additional OBC. I can then take up that fight once I get the perks we are definitely entitled to reinstated!

Edited by Project_gal

My problem is getting them to let me keep the package I have already got if I change to a suite rather than the AQ hump room I booked a year and a half ago. Did on the Reflection no problems but every time I try and do it for our Eclipse cruise the first thing the do is say that I can't keep the package.

I can only think that they are doing this as they currently have senior discounts on this cruise and they assume that we all want those. I keep trying to give them more money but they are not listening.

My problem is getting them to let me keep the package I have already got if I change to a suite rather than the AQ hump room I booked a year and a half ago. Did on the Reflection no problems but every time I try and do it for our Eclipse cruise the first thing the do is say that I can't keep the package.

I can only think that they are doing this as they currently have senior discounts on this cruise and they assume that we all want those. I keep trying to give them more money but they are not listening.

I assume that this is the UK office you are talking too. It is so difficult to find anyone who knows what they are doing there these days.

I assume that this is the UK office you are talking too. It is so difficult to find anyone who knows what they are doing there these days.

I left my office this evening and just so happened to go. The direction of the TA. Managed to speak with one of their better staff members who sat on the phone. Got a CS guarantee plus kept the drinks and also got the free gratuities and $300 extra Obc. That is most of the Internet paid.

It is amazing how hard it is to get the TA employee you want who then needs to get Celebrity employee who has half a clue about their job. After trying twice before, I have got something I am happy with.

Gordon

I left my office this evening and just so happened to go. The direction of the TA. Managed to speak with one of their better staff members who sat on the phone. Got a CS guarantee plus kept the drinks and also got the free gratuities and $300 extra Obc. That is most of the Internet paid.

It is amazing how hard it is to get the TA employee you want who then needs to get Celebrity employee who has half a clue about their job. After trying twice before, I have got something I am happy with.

Gordon

Gordon

Glad it worked out for you but it should not be so difficult. I've finally made contact with someone who needs to speak to her manager when she returns tomorrow. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Gordon

Glad it worked out for you but it should not be so difficult. I've finally made contact with someone who needs to speak to her manager when she returns tomorrow. Keeping my fingers crossed.

I find this whole process of using a TA quite irritating as it sticks an extra layer between me and Celebrity. The only thing that makes it worthwhile is the 6% ish that we get discount off the Celebrity prices which on an RS is around £600.

Downside is you lose the control of the booking. I have now learned to book what I want at the start and stop fiddling about 3 weeks before a cruise. It has taken a long time to realise that you always get a better deal at the start, particularly as you get the discount on the initial price.

You would think when you are nearly 60 that you would have learned what you like and what you are prepared to pay for.

Gordon

I find this whole process of using a TA quite irritating as it sticks an extra layer between me and Celebrity. The only thing that makes it worthwhile is the 6% ish that we get discount off the Celebrity prices which on an RS is around £600.

Downside is you lose the control of the booking. I have now learned to book what I want at the start and stop fiddling about 3 weeks before a cruise. It has taken a long time to realise that you always get a better deal at the start, particularly as you get the discount on the initial price.

You would think when you are nearly 60 that you would have learned what you like and what you are prepared to pay for.

Gordon

Gordon

I, like you, dislike losing control and I have very little faith in UK TAs. [i used to work for the oldest TA but on the fx side. We had our own TA office on-site with really savvy staff but even then I had to locate my own obscure flights on one occasion. No High Street TA or TA call centre worker is a patch on them.] However, unless it gets easier to use Celebrity UK, I may have to resort to using a TA or give up travelling.

As for the discount you get from a TA. the Celebrity UK PCCs used to be able to offer their own incentives [which were combinable with shareholder OBC] but that was stopped. Then, last year, they split their office from Royal Caribbean and Azamara and made all the experienced staff redundant. Grrrrr....

I bought the RCCL shares before our first cruise as I thought, like Carnival, that the shareholder OBC would help on the cruises. I didn't initially realise that the RCCL shareholder OBC was not combinable with anything else.

Little did I know that Celebrity were going to embark on such an aggressive promotion of the packages and have not been able to use the shareholder obc since.

Carnival give you the offers plus the shareholder obc. At least both shares have increased in value since I purchased them which makes up for the meagre dividends they pay.

I too think if you have the enhanced suite perks which will include the premium package and you are eligible for the 123, you should receive a bit of compensation for the classic package. Question, could you put them together for a higher priced drink or glass of wine. I can't remember what the limits are for the premium package.

I too think if you have the enhanced suite perks which will include the premium package and you are eligible for the 123, you should receive a bit of compensation for the classic package. Question, could you put them together for a higher priced drink or glass of wine. I can't remember what the limits are for the premium package.

I love it, so creative. Combine the two and get a better glass of wine. Why didn't I think of this?

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Can't see how they could NOT give it..... premimum beverage package is clearly listed in the April perks roll out for Penthouse and Royal suites

quote=cle-guy;45496011]Has anyone had any success when booking a Royal Suite (or PH or Reflection) in getting the Free Beverage Package that's part of the all-in 123 promo changed to additional OBC?

Was wondering about one of the April perks......on the Celebrity website in the coming in april list it says...."Complimentary unlimited specialty dining" i was assuming this refered to Luminae but, technically wouldn't that refer to dining in ANY of the specialty restaurants?

OK,the 123 "offer" which includes the classic package says it is not combinable with any other "offer". The wine available is up to $9. The premium package is available as a upper end "suite perk"starting in April. The wine available is up to $13. In my opinion a "perk"is not the same as an "offer". It is also my opinion, that in each instance the passenger is paying for both. Thus, they should be combinable. Otherwise the high end suite passenger is receiving a 1,2 offer.

The fine print says that Celebrity has the right to change all terms at any time. Also, in this matter at least, my opinion probably is not worth the paper upon which it is not written! (Wait does that double negative mean it is worth something???) So probably not going to happen.

Anyway, I believe that if you are sailing in one of the higher end suites and try to do this someone is at least going to listen to this analysis. It might work. If it doesn't, no big deal. And really, how many passengers is this going to apply to?

Just seems to me that we are paying for both. Should either be an additional OBC, or combinable. I am not sailing with Celebrity until Oct 31, so if someone tries this before then, let us know.

You know it isn't going to happen!

Absolutely, but I LOVE the idea!

Can't see how they could NOT give it..... premimum beverage package is clearly listed in the April perks roll out for Penthouse and Royal suites

Everyone expects the premium beverage package, that is not the issue, many of us have booked under 1,2,3 ALL inclusive, which includes a classic package, which we don't need (as we already have the premium package). In leui of duplicate offers, we were hoping to get additional OBC, or in one case, combine the offers for more expensive drink limits :D

Was wondering about one of the April perks......on the Celebrity website in the coming in april list it says...."Complimentary unlimited specialty dining" i was assuming this refered to Luminae but, technically wouldn't that refer to dining in ANY of the specialty restaurants?

The unlimited specialty dining for suite guests (Royal, PH, Reflection Suite). In general, and from the many questions I have had answered and posts I've seen I would expect this to include every specialty restaurant on board that has a set cover charge, including:

- Silk Harvest

- Quisin

- Murano (and the four equivalents on the M-Class Ships including Normandie, Ocean Liners, SS United State and The Olympic)

- Tuscan Grill

- Lawn Club Grill

- The Porch

- Bistro on 5

Blue will still be available on a space available basis (Free) for all suite guests, Sky Suite and higher included.

Luminae is the assigned dining room and while special, is not a specialty restaurant per say.

Happy Sailing,

Jenna

It is only very recently that the 123 offer gave you all 3 as a option. In all prior promotions you either got 1 or 2 depending on the terms at that time.

When I booked the suite we have in September, the deal was one of the 3 so I picked the OBC as we were getting drinks anyway. In retrospect I should have taken the free grats as they are more than the obc for a 13 night cruise but I will not lose any sleep over it.

Quite what we will spend the $300 on I really don't know - some bottle of Grey Goose to take home perhaps!!!

Gordon

It is only very recently that the 123 offer gave you all 3 as a option. In all prior promotions you either got 1 or 2 depending on the terms at that time.

When I booked the suite we have in September, the deal was one of the 3 so I picked the OBC as we were getting drinks anyway. In retrospect I should have taken the free grats as they are more than the obc for a 13 night cruise but I will not lose any sleep over it.

Quite what we will spend the $300 on I really don't know - some bottle of Grey Goose to take home perhaps!!!

Gordon

Get a massage and relax? Bottle of wine? Just take it out in cash and buy another cruise.

For those that did get all 3 offers, the question is valid.

Definitely first world problems we have :D

Happy sailing,

Jenna

OK,the 123 "offer" which includes the classic package says it is not combinable with any other "offer". The wine available is up to $9. The premium package is available as a upper end "suite perk"starting in April. The wine available is up to $13. In my opinion a "perk"is not the same as an "offer". It is also my opinion, that in each instance the passenger is paying for both. Thus, they should be combinable. Otherwise the high end suite passenger is receiving a 1,2 offer..

I will say they will allow one to combine the Classic with the 123 and Premium with suites.

But what does the really mean?

The nuance is that the packages allow one get a drink valued to $9 on classic and up to $13 on Premium.

It does not provide $9 cash to spend and $13 cash to spend.

Both sound the same, but in practice, you get a drink, not cash to spend.

So feel free to combine the Classic and Premium, you will still get just the drink.

Though I now wonder technically, I should be able to order 2 drinks at a time now....1 cheap and 1 expensive if I want to....charge one to my 123 classic package and the other off to my Premium Suite Perks package.....

Now there's a thought..... :D