SuitePerks and All-in 1-2-3

cle-guy

Boy, am I ever confused now.....1st time going on Celebrity and booked RS for next yr. Could someone please answer:

1. we get premium bev. pack (even though "classic" was offered in 123?0

2. we are able to enjoy (with NO upcharge) any of the specialty restaurants?

3. with the 123, do we still get free gratuities paid and $300 OBC?

Sure hope there are some solid ans. here, as I feel soooooooo confused! :)

FC (Francis)

Well I argued this point with several different Ta's at celebrity at first they told me they would let the third person in my suite have the classic alcohol package and free gratuities for the 123go promo. I was ok with that until I found out that all quests in a royal suite will receive the premium package with the new suite class and that they would not pay for the third person tips. So I took the $800 resident credit reduction in price rather than the 123go. I calculated 2 @ 108.50/pp gratuities and a $300 obc gets me a $517.00 value but since you have to pay full price to get the 123go promo The $800 resident credit reduction was better for me. Of coarse this was calculated on a 7 day cruise on a longer cruise the increased gratuities may make it a push. I saved $283 with the resident credit over the 123go for a royal suite to Bermuda. To be completely honest I did loose $100 of my online Ta's bonus cash back money so I guess the net savings was really $183 but I will take it. If anyone does better let me know.

Sheri

Boy, am I ever confused now.....1st time going on Celebrity and booked RS for next yr. Could someone please answer:

1. we get premium bev. pack (even though "classic" was offered in 123?0

2. we are able to enjoy (with NO upcharge) any of the specialty restaurants?

3. with the 123, do we still get free gratuities paid and $300 OBC?

Sure hope there are some solid ans. here, as I feel soooooooo confused! :)

FC (Francis)

There are 2 separate things going on.

1. The new All-Inclusive 123 perks
  2. The new upcoming Suite Perks Program

Royal Suites and above come with the new Suite Perks Program:

• Premium Beverage Package for all suite occupants
  • Unlimited specialty dining for all suite occupants
  • Unlimted Internet for all occupants
  • Unlimited access to mini bar (seems that the Spirits are excluded, but beer and sodas are included - not sure where wine falls into play here)
  • All suites get access to the new Suite Dining Room
  • Celebriry suites and above get Michaels Club access

the All inclusive 123 program provides qualified bookings of Concierge and above all 1-2-3 perks

• Prepaid gratuities for 1st 2 guetsts
  • OBC based on length of cruise
  • Classic Beverage Package for 1st 2 occupants
  • Classic non-alcohol beverage package for extra occupants
  • Complimentary 40 minutes internet for the additional guests

So in the case of Royal and above suites, there is a duplication of beverage packages, thus making the Classic Beverage Package provided as part of the all-in 123 perk meaningless, as the Suite Perks included Premium Beverage Package is the better offer. However for Celebrity suites and below, there is no premium package included so the 123 perks Classic package has value.

It's this meaningless perk of the 123-All In classic beverage package in RS and above that caused me to start this thread.

Thank u for explanation, they sure could make all this clearer!

I do believe that booking a RS and getting the premium package anyway, should be compensated for the "duplicated classic package in 123" with some sort of perk, ie: another OBC of some sort!

Just to be sure: specialty restaurants ARE now included with no charge (only an extra tip if desired)?

thank you for your help,

Francis :)

Yes specialty restaurants are included. I would expect it to be sandy set price restaurant. I would not expect A la carte restaurants (gastro pub, extra priced items if any at Aqua spa cafe, gelato at cafe al Bachi, wine menus at Murano or caviar at the martini bar to be indued).

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[*]Unlimited access to mini bar (seems that the Spirits are excluded, but beer and sodas are included - not sure where wine falls into play here)

Of course, the RS, PH and Reflection Suite still get the bar set up [2 bottles of Spirits] but, I do agree, that wine seems to be a strange anomaly. Having said that, we were never charged for the bottle of wine we used from our mini bar on our latest cruise. [Would not normally have used wine from the mini bar but a guest wanted white wine - the only alcohol we did not have covered!]

So, on that cruise, we were not charged for one bottle of wine and $100 of laundry. I do wonder if, despite the new suite benefits regularising everything we are still going to go back to have discretionary perks for the higher-end suites. But, then, without discretionary benefits, what would we have to talk about on Cruise Critic once the new suite benefits settle down?

Of course, the RS, PH and Reflection Suite still get the bar set up [2 bottles of Spirits] but, I do agree, that wine seems to be a strange anomaly. Having said that, we were never charged for the bottle of wine we used from our mini bar on our latest cruise. [Would not normally have used wine from the mini bar but a guest wanted white wine - the only alcohol we did not have covered!]

So, on that cruise, we were not charged for one bottle of wine and $100 of laundry. I do wonder if, despite the new suite benefits regularising everything we are still going to go back to have discretionary perks for the higher-end suites. But, then, without discretionary benefits, what would we have to talk about on Cruise Critic once the new suite benefits settle down?

Chocolates. Smuggling booze. Cutbacks. The high price of drinks. People who supplement other people's drink packages. Cutbacks. Suites. getting too many benefits. Pets and emotional support dogs onboard. Cutbacks. Upgrades. Price drops and loss of perks. Boating scheduled. Cutbacks. Dress code. Q-tips. Entertainment. Cutbacks.

What we won't discuss: being on vacation and having a wonderful time being pampered / first world problems.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Chocolates. Smuggling booze. Cutbacks. The high price of drinks. People who supplement other people's drink packages. Cutbacks. Suites. getting too many benefits. Pets and emotional support dogs onboard. Cutbacks. Upgrades. Price drops and loss of perks. Boating scheduled. Cutbacks. Dress code. Q-tips. Entertainment. Cutbacks.

What we won't discuss: being on vacation and having a wonderful time being pampered / first world problems.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

You missed out orange juice!!

Gordon

Just to be sure: specialty restaurants ARE now included with no charge (only an extra tip if desired)?

Once Suite Perks start in April of this year, yes then Unlimited Specialty Dining is a perk to RS and above only.

Other suites will continue to get 1 or 2 dinners depending on length of cruise, as is the current policy with all suites.

Edited by cle-guy

Hi

I am confused one post states mini bar is free in the royal suite for beer, soda and water and another states that 2 bottles booze are included for free but no wine?

thanks sheri

Actually of the drinks you mentioned all are included. Post April 2015 according to the flyer provided by my TA, the Reflection, PH and RS receive:

- complementary premium drink packages for all occupants,

- daily stocked mini-bar of beer, soda and water,

- a bottle each of scotch and vodka/gin

- bottle of wine.

My DH who is tee-total keeps asking what I intend to do with all the booze.

Edited by Yorkshire-Pudding

Actually of the drinks you mentioned all are included. Post April 2015 according to the flyer provided by my TA, the Reflection, PH and RS receive:

- complementary premium drink packages for all occupants,

- daily stocked mini-bar of beer, soda and water,

- a bottle each of scotch and vodka/gin

- bottle of wine.

My DH who is tee-total keeps asking what I intend to do with all the booze.

While my mini-bar had mini bottles of booze...probably incl a couple of half bottles of wine, we went before the April 1 start of this new program...so, we didn't use the mini-bar.

The premium beverage package allows you to go to any bar and basically get anything, but wine choices are limited at the bar -- so, you basically have to have Michael's Club requisition the wine9s) you want...basically any wine from the premium list or wine that selles for around $13 will do. Our favorite was the Benzinger Cab which sells for $13.50 at the Lawn Club...once we zoned in on that, it was there for us. You cany any and all of these glasses back to your room. You can even have your butler get you a drink.

Again, you get 1-2 bottles of champagne and 2 litres of booze, which you can also customize...no shortage of alcohol. Be sure to try out the martinis at the Martini Bar.

Thanks for the tip. My MIL, niece and I have already ear-marked the Martini Bar as our number 1 destination each evening for our 14 night holiday. MIL is very partial to anything lemon based and my niece and I will just have to settle for trying everything else. As for DH, he is excited by the smoothies in the Aqua Spa. Yuk!

Thanks for the tip. My MIL, niece and I have already ear-marked the Martini Bar as our number 1 destination each evening for our 14 night holiday. MIL is very partial to anything lemon based and my niece and I will just have to settle for trying everything else. As for DH, he is excited by the smoothies in the Aqua Spa. Yuk!

The martini bar is an amazing place: don't expect normal martini/ingredients -- guess that's why they call them martini chefs.

While my mini-bar had mini bottles of booze...probably incl a couple of half bottles of wine, we went before the April 1 start of this new program...so, we didn't use the mini-bar.

The premium beverage package allows you to go to any bar and basically get anything, but wine choices are limited at the bar -- so, you basically have to have Michael's Club requisition the wine9s) you want...basically any wine from the premium list or wine that selles for around $13 will do. Our favorite was the Benzinger Cab which sells for $13.50 at the Lawn Club...once we zoned in on that, it was there for us. You cany any and all of these glasses back to your room. You can even have your butler get you a drink.

Again, you get 1-2 bottles of champagne and 2 litres of booze, which you can also customize...no shortage of alcohol. Be sure to try out the martinis at the Martini Bar.

Just to clarify, each ship has an official start date of the new perks, April 4 being the earliest ship, April 13 being the last.

Here are the dates:

CS- 4/4/15

EC- 4/12/15

EQ- 4/6/15

IN- 4/13/15

ML- 4/9/15

RF- 4/4/15

SI- 4/5/15

SL- 4/3/15

SM - 4/4/15

As far as out of perk wines, champagnes, etc I am not surprised at all about what soxfan received, we've seen the same, but it isn't a listed perk, and doesn't always happen. For every sailing, you will get the mini bar as stated (water, soda, wine), 2 bottles of booze which can be swapped (usually) for wine, and a bottle of champagne, which generally can also be swapped. Anything else would be discretionary.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

As far as out of perk wines, champagnes, etc I am not surprised at all about what soxfan received, we've seen the same, but it isn't a listed perk, and doesn't always happen. For every sailing, you will get the mini bar as stated (water, soda, wine), 2 bottles of booze which can be swapped (usually) for wine, and a bottle of champagne, which generally can also be swapped. Anything else would be discretionary.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

I would say the discretionary perks are extensive and liberal. Perhaps, the higher up you are up on the suite food chain the better, but even at a CS, there are only 27 of these or better.

Now, a couple of observations:

1) There is no free caviar, and you can't go from Celebrity Sparkling Wine (Loire French Bouvet) to LP Crystal...but there is room.

2) You can't go from whatever scotch is provided to JW Blue, but there is room...you can easily change a scotch and a vodka to two scotches or two Gray Gooses, as well, if that's your preference.

3) You prob can't easily get Michael's Club to switch from the premium list wines for $20/glass and up wines (and by this, I mean $100 bottle wines, because X does 5 oz ours or 5 glasses to the bottle), like Grigch Cardonnay or Foley Pinot (both around $20/glass -- I didn't try to request those), maybe if you're in a PH or RS you can get those or better, but there is no problem - except ordering/processing/timing bureaucracy -- to go to any wine that's available by the glass for $13 or so, and the MC bartenders will requisition it to Michael's Club. You may even be able to do more. We found the Benzinger Cab for $13.50 to be very good for Michael's but it was a process: they had to order it from the Lawn Club if we wanted it w/i 24 hours, then swap it back to them the next day -- very formal...but they did the swap. The whole attitude of the MC Concierge and the two MC bartenders is "whatever they can do, they will try to do." I did request a certain much more premium champagne and they couldn't do it...so, they will also tell you -- very politely -- that they can't do x, y, or z.

4. As they get closer to April, I think, informally, at least Reflection's hotel manager (and I doubt he's alone doing this on his own), is trying to bridge the gap between the official perks and whatever they can do. This is the only place you will hear this, as it's not an official policy, as far as I know. Obv, they can't open a restaurant that's not ready...but they can provide free specialty dining, etc. And there's more etc than you might think.

5. For those that like scotch the Macallan in Michael's Club is actually the Macallan Fine Oak which is a cut above the Macallan 12 otherwise available in most other bars. You have to know and care abt Macallan to know the difference.

I think the whole attitude of MC and this suite class of 27 rooms is "whatever you want -- within reason" but they make you feel like a very appreciated guest, but if you don't tell them that you want anything different than what's offered, you may not get much different...but again, I think they want to do what you want without having to give things away to people who just don't care (see thread on OJ).

We got two bottles of champagnes with a card signed by the MC Concierge and the butler...this seemed like a standard card...I don't know if 2 bottles of champagne is standard policy. We were surprised by bottle #2, and I think they like to surprise you, if they learn you like something.

Lastly, I was disappointed by the food, which I will expand upon in my trip report, but not the experience, which I would repeat. I would give Murano 3.5-4 stars out of 5...only a couple of really good things: mushroom soup, rack of lamb, and Grand Marnier souffle and maybe the chateaubriand....but that's really it on the whole ship...still, we had a blast. I would dine 6 out of 7 times in Murano -- the Maitre d there (Micha) is amazing -- 10 years, and Lawn Club in SJ. Otherwise, Murano will make whatever you want and you will get the best service...even the waiters have to compete to work there. Oh, and some of the cheeses are amazing, especially the Epoisses, which is like $70/pound, and the Munster, but you have to like stinky cheese. All the fish is frozen and while I ordered Dover Sole and lobster multiple times, it's fun and romantic with a good wine, but not amazing. That's our experience/opinion. I was expecting better, but not sure who has better food...and honestly the French restaurant on NCL was as good if not better...but this never detracted from our experience, because the service is really great, and it makes you feel great and it's hard to not have a great time. We also met some fun people and the socializing, esp in Michael's or at Murano is a nice part of it.

Also: do the ultimate special wine tasting at 4pm on day 5 or day 6 (limited to 10 people)...it was probably the best singular experience.

Them's my thoughts.

Happy travels.

Edited by soxfan2013

I would say the discretionary perks are extensive and liberal. Perhaps, the higher up you are up on the suite food chain the better, but even at a CS, there are only 27 of these or better.

Now, a couple of observations:

1) There is no free caviar, and you can't go from Celebrity Sparkling Wine (Loire French Bouvet) to LP Crystal...but there is room.

2) You can't go from whatever scotch is provided to JW Blue, but there is room...you can easily change a scotch and a vodka to two scotches or two Gray Gooses, as well, if that's your preference.

3) You prob can't easily get Michael's Club to switch from the premium list wines for $20/glass and up wines (and by this, I mean $100 bottle wines, because X does 5 oz ours or 5 glasses to the bottle), like Grigch Cardonnay or Foley Pinot (both around $20/glass -- I didn't try to request those), maybe if you're in a PH or RS you can get those or better, but there is no problem - except ordering/processing/timing bureaucracy -- to go to any wine that's available by the glass for $13 or so, and the MC bartenders will requisition it to Michael's Club. You may even be able to do more. We found the Benzinger Cab for $13.50 to be very good for Michael's but it was a process: they had to order it from the Lawn Club if we wanted it w/i 24 hours, then swap it back to them the next day -- very formal...but they did the swap. The whole attitude of the MC Concierge and the two MC bartenders is "whatever they can do, they will try to do." I did request a certain much more premium champagne and they couldn't do it...so, they will also tell you -- very politely -- that they can't do x, y, or z.

4. As they get closer to April, I think, informally, at least Reflection's hotel manager (and I doubt he's alone doing this on his own), is trying to bridge the gap between the official perks and whatever they can do. This is the only place you will hear this, as it's not an official policy, as far as I know. Obv, they can't open a restaurant that's not ready...but they can provide free specialty dining, etc. And there's more etc than you might think.

5. For those that like scotch the Macallan in Michael's Club is actually the Macallan Fine Oak which is a cut above the Macallan 12 otherwise available in most other bars. You have to know and care abt Macallan to know the difference.

I think the whole attitude of MC and this suite class of 27 rooms is "whatever you want -- within reason" but they make you feel like a very guest, but if you don't tell them that you want anything different than what's offered, you may not get much different...but again, I think they want to do what you want without having to give things away to people who just don't care (see thread on OJ).

We got two bottles of champagnes with a card signed by the MC Concierge and the butler...this seemed like a standard card...I don't know if 2 bottles of champagne is standard policy. We were surprised by bottle #2, and I think they like to surprise you, if they learn you like something.

Them's my thoughts.

I agree with everything you've included above, but I think you will find it will vary ship to ship, sailing to sailing and concierge to concierge.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Does that mean you do not like smoothies, or does it mean you do not like your husband? :rolleyes: :D

After nearly 30 years together (we met at university) I still like him especially as he pays for my three passions: our DS, holidays and my handbags. :D

On the Aqua Spa front. For DH it is a place of pilgrimage. I will admit to having created a health monster after purchasing him a Nutribullet blender for Christmas. He seems to have developed a passion for making foul looking goo, which he describes as health tonics. By contrast, I personally I like to eat my vegetable in a form were they resemble vegetables. I also find side order of a little medicinal alcohol aids the digestion.

I agree with everything you've included above, but I think you will find it will vary ship to ship, sailing to sailing and concierge to concierge.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

I expanded and edited my remarks, and suspect you are on the mark, and you certainly have a lot more experience...I think there's a lot of discretion which is appropriate, because why give something to everybody when only a subset prefer it, and they have different preferences.

After nearly 30 years together (we met at university) I still like him especially as he pays for my three passions: our DS, holidays and my handbags. :D

On the Aqua Spa front. For DH it is a place of pilgrimage. I will admit to having created a health monster after purchasing him a Nutribullet blender for Christmas. He seems to have developed a passion for making foul looking goo, which he describes as health tonics. By contrast, I personally I like to eat my vegetable in a form were they resemble vegetables. I also find side order of a little medicinal alcohol aids the digestion.

Well, I am not sure what a DS or DH is, but I think you can covert him at the martini bar which is serving healthy cocktails that are good for you...or, at least, that's their line and there's some theory to it, relatively.

Otherwise, hope he gets w the cruise program, which is late to bed, late to rise, and lots to drink and have fun with that aren't your typical smoothie at home -- these are vacation smoothies, and after all, he just wants to make you smile and...

And tell him that Murano does have a kale salad and he can go wild on that.

Edited by soxfan2013

And tell him that Murano does have a kale salad and he can go wild on that.

No, I think I goofed...mixed up things w Valentines Day dinner last night in Boston...no kale...but they do have arugula and spinach.

And I goofed on the price of Epoisses fromage, which is about $40-50/pound. He'll probably enjoy the gelatos...but the Munster and Espoisses are very good (as in exceptional), fyi (as is the souffle and the strawberry crepe flambe). Pick your poison, or have it all.

Edited by soxfan2013