How to pop the question?

T-N-C

I agree .... it really depends on the couple. Plus, it doesn't necessarily have to be done ON the cruise ship. Maybe in one of the ports. I'll bet there are some wonderful, beautiful places that would be perfect for a romantic proposal.

If wonder if there is a romantic sunset cruise in any of the ports. That would be really special. And they could still do that up big in some way. Maybe get in contact with one of the private tour operators to set up something really special???????

If I was young again (ha!), I think I would have liked a big, fun proposal. But now that I'm old (ha!), I would be thinking ..... a nice quiet beach for a proposal.

Whatever is decided, I'm sure it will be a wonderful moment to remember. And however it's done, I would want pictures! I love, love, love pictures!!!!!

And I'm assuming she will say YES ...... so CONGRATULATIONS to the couple!!!!!

Just a word of warning...I'm sure this will not happen to your son, but very public proposal don't always go as planned. Had a cousin who did a very public proposal, GF did not want to take the ring or accept proposal, she reluctantly did, very awkward for everyone. She gave ring back next day. It was all on video, which was mysteriously destroyed.

Don't count out during excursions. I proposed to my fiance while on an excursion in St. Maarten. I didn't know exactly how I wanted to do it, but I wanted it to be special. My fiance' also didn't like public spectacles, so my plan was to do it somewhere that meant something.

I did it at the pier in Marigot on the French side of St. Maarten. Unbenownst to me at the time, there was a piece of grafitti next to where i proposed. It said in french "This is my favorite spot".

Not sure where you are going on your cruise, but keep that in mind. An example I thought of was on top of the Mayan Temple in Coba outside Cozumel. Its the only ruins I know of that you can still climb.

• 2 weeks later...

We have talked it over and he is going to "officially" ask her parents this weekend for her hand. He is still not quite sure what he wants to do but he has calls into a few different people. She has been talking about marriage a lot lately, going as far as talking to him about wedding plans. I know she will be excited. As for public or private, she will not care as long as it's unique. I love all the ideas and the advice. I told him he needed to talk to her parents about their feelings before making any major arrangements. I'm glad that was brought to our attention. I'm so excited and as soon as I know for sure I will post again ☺️

I proposed to my wife In August 2012 onboard the Splendor the first night out of Long Beach. Her birthday was a few days before and I arranged for her to have a 75 minute massage in the spa that evening. While she was gone I decorated the room with flower petals and tea candles. She came back and I proposed to her on the balcony. We had an ocean suite so the room and the balcony were larger than normal. She wouldn't have wanted to be infront of a bunch of people when I asked her. It was nice just the two of us, then we had all week to celebrate.

We are going back on the Splendor in April for our 2 year anniversary....in the exact same ocean suite I proposed to her in :)

Yay! Are you on our roll call here or on our FB group? It would nice to keep up with this for when and where it's happening! (You prob don't want to put it on FB for her to see though). :eek:

I'll be on this one, too! This should be fun. Let us know what your son comes up with. I'd love to see this go down!!!

Last year on a carnival ship during the love and marriage game, the cruise director had said he found an I d in the bathroom and called the person up. He asked him some questions about his address then said the picture really didn't look like him. Asked someone that was on the trip with him to come up and verify. As he talked to her the guy got down on one knee. They turned around and he popped the question. Something she will never forget.

So happy for everyone and thanks op for coming back, best of wishes and let us know...so sweet..so many ideas that helped....

The suite and massage and anniversary...wow...but so many other wows too. The special love in the eyes..the moment should have that in it...where they can see it and feel it...others is up to them..so glad he is asking her parents...that is a special thing too.

God Bless...Sarah

We have talked it over and he is going to "officially" ask her parents this weekend for her hand. He is still not quite sure what he wants to do but he has calls into a few different people. She has been talking about marriage a lot lately, going as far as talking to him about wedding plans. I know she will be excited. As for public or private, she will not care as long as it's unique. I love all the ideas and the advice. I told him he needed to talk to her parents about their feelings before making any major arrangements. I'm glad that was brought to our attention. I'm so excited and as soon as I know for sure I will post again ☺️

He should do what I said.

She was talking about weddings and the such, and I just said OK book it then.