Deployment Schedule 2016-2017. Let the guessing begin

Cruzin-K

They are reporting information directly from the Royal Caribbean press release.

Thanks i did not see the press release. It's huge news for us here in Central Florida and not unexpected but I am hoping for something other than the normal trips with Nassau to the east and no Grand Cayman to the west. Just wishful thinking.

I'm curious what the 2 different Eastern runs for the Oasis Class will be -- have we figured that out yet? I assume one will include San Juan, didn't they make their port Oasis Class compatible or did I make that up?

In any event, any Oasis Class Eastern run that skips Nassau is a winner in my book!

Good news about the Allure staying in Ft. Lauderdale. Much easier to plan travel. It would be nice to consider the Harmony of the Seas, however, I'm sure the prices will be much more than the Allure! Can't wait to book the Allure. :D

I'm curious what the 2 different Eastern runs for the Oasis Class will be -- have we figured that out yet? I assume one will include San Juan, didn't they make their port Oasis Class compatible or did I make that up?

In any event, any Oasis Class Eastern run that skips Nassau is a winner in my book!

The will most likely be a mixture of Nassau, San Juan, Labadee, St. Maarten, St. Kitts, St. Thomas.

SO SO SO SO Thrilled we are getting Enchantment in Miami:p:p:p:p

I love that ship and was really hoping it would take the place of Majesty! And my wish was granted. We have sailed Majesty many times so will be nice to do tons on Enchantment once we get her down here.

Do you think they would add a fourth island or keep it to three islands like it currently is?

Personally I'm no so exited about all the new Oasis Class ships, especially as they sell off the old vessels. I'm not saying this class isn't neat, but RCL could be limiting their itinerary options moving forward.

Edited by Stateroom_Sailor

Personally I'm no so exited about all the new Oasis Class ships, especially as they sell off the old vessels. I'm not saying this class isn't neat, but RCL could be limiting their itinerary options moving forward.

That could be their strategy in the long run. Converting royal to ships with popular ports where the ship is mostly the destination as seen with the bigger oasis and quantum classes. Celebrity on the other hand, a line aimed more towards those who want to visit exotic ports where millennium class and the new edge class could reach.

Even if that's the route they are taking, I support their decision seeing as they are the only family oriented line that's been catered for to all corners of the globe. Unlike NCL or Carnival.

They could become the most dominant and well recognized family cruise line world wide.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just want to say I love following this thread, and thank all of you who search and report. Still waiting to see if my DH dream cruise is going to be offered summer of 2016 (Stockholm to Copenhagen).

We were on the Navigator of the Seas last week, and I chatted with one of the directors at a local bar. They stated they were informed just two weeks ago, that they would homeport in South Hampton, then transition to Barcelona for awhile, and end up home-porting in Copenhagen.

Does it mean that Navigator takes over the runs out of Copenhagen and Serenade to sail from Harwich? ☺️

Hugely disappointed that there will be no Canada/NE sailings with Quebec!! Or will they be announced later?!

For Europe then, we seem to have two spare ships and two spare home ports. Is there any possibility that Ovation will sail from Harwich? She is designed for cold weather after all. Or are they going to come up with some completely new routes that they have not done before and drop Harwich? Maybe Vision will be doing the 7 day from Venice runs?

They seem to have split the dates for Europe into two now as well so a bit longer to wait till we have all the answers.

Hugely disappointed that there will be no Canada/NE sailings with Quebec!! Or will they be announced later?!

Serenade is doing this route in September and October.....it was mentioned in the press release.

Do you think they would add a fourth island or keep it to three islands like it currently is?

I'm guessing 3 islands the way it is now. A 4th island like ST Kitts would probably require more than 7 days.

For Europe then, we seem to have two spare ships and two spare home ports. Is there any possibility that Ovation will sail from Harwich? She is designed for cold weather after all. Or are they going to come up with some completely new routes that they have not done before and drop Harwich? Maybe Vision will be doing the 7 day from Venice runs?

They seem to have split the dates for Europe into two now as well so a bit longer to wait till we have all the answers.

Yes, based on port schedules, Vision will be doing the 7 night runs from Venice.

Serenade is doing this route in September and October.....it was mentioned in the press release.

No, Serenade is doing the 7 night RTs from Boston, not the longer one ways from Quebec.

No, Serenade is doing the 7 night RTs from Boston, not the longer one ways from Quebec.

I am not following this. With both Grandeur and Anthem which is booked as RESERVED on the Portland ME schedule on 14 day cycles, have they not just redone the scheduled ports of call and have these ships make it to Quebec?

They have only had 3 ships booked there for months now. I had posted that again a few weeks ago when someone else raised a similar question.

http://www.cruiseportlandmaine.com/why-cruise-here/cruise-schedule/2016-2/

Edited by MADflyer

Sadly not. :( SERENADE is going to do the 7 night trips out of Boston, no Quebec.

I just can hope that another ship takes over those itineraries and will ne announced later.

Would be very disappointed if those cruises were dropped!! 😡

So, with a 15 ship deployment confirmed to the Caribbean, with some doing European repositioning TA cruises and others confirmed as year round along with the Canada/NE deployment of just 3 ships confirmed, along with a 6 ship Asia/Australia deployment most likely, that is 21 of RCI's 23 ship deployment.

That leaves only Ovation and Vision.

There some possibility for Legend to transit somewhere between the May to October Hong Kong bookings as well.

Vision is currently booked on a TA from Tampa arriving first at Barcelona and then on to Venice.

With Rhapsody confirmed at PC at least from November, 2016 and Splendour confirmed leaving the fleet, options are limited.

Do they still send Vision to Dubai at the end of her season as is most likely now or do they try to maintain a South American presence?

RCL's Celebrity Cruises have apparently dropped Harwich. Is RCI doing the same?

If the Adventure and Brilliance bookings all over Northern Europe are possibly Ovation is certainly unclear.

Current Deployment for 2016

Verified Caribbean / Europe (RCI Press Release)

Adventure - Year round San Juan

Allure – Year round Port Everglades

Anthem - Year round Bayonne

Brilliance - TA / Barcelona / Tampa

Enchantment – Year round Miami

Freedom – PC to PE to PC

Grandeur - Baltimore

Harmony – Barcelona / TA / PE

Independence – TA / Southampton / PE

Jewel – San Juan / Panama Canal / West Coast / Alaska / San Juan

Liberty – Year round Galveston

Navigator – TA / Southampton / Miami

Oasis – PE / PC // PE /

Rhapsody – TA / Rome / PC

Serenade – TA / Copenhagen/ Bayonne / PE

Bookings for Asia/Pacific

Voyager – Asia/ Australia/ South Pacific

Mariner - – Asia

Explorer - – Asia/ Australia/ South Pacific

Radiance – Australia / HI/ Alaska / Australia

Quantum – China

Legend – Asia / ???? / Australia

Open

Vision - TA/Venice/ ????

Ovation - no clear indication with any bookings if not place holders.

Edited by MADflyer

Ovation from Harwich?? I do not see that happening, rather Navigator or Serenade. But I assume Serenade sailing from Copenhagen, and Navigator from Southampton.

Or we have Ovation and Indy from Southampton, and Navi from Harwich...☺️

Rhapsody, will she sail year-round from PC in the short runs, or from winter 2016?? What about South America?? And Rhapsody won't return to Europe??

I am also wondering what about the 7 night runs from Tampa? Are the nice, appealing itineraries going to disappear and only standard routes are going to be offered???

Edited by celebrity_fan

They have now booked Hong Kong with Quantum, Mariner, Voyager and Explorer. They had only booked Legend there previously.

http://www.kaitakcruiseterminal.com.hk/schedule/

There are no bookings for Ovation at Hong Kong at least.

These bookings are new just this week.

I find it really interesting that Quantum only calls thrice in December this year at Kai Tak. Surely if she is in the region of China, Japan and South Korea, there would be more calls throughout going into 2016 as well. There is another overnight call in June 2016, but that could be a repositioning cruise? Is it possible for RCI to change the homeport starting of 2016. Maybe she might sail from Singapore instead offering longer itineraries. However, I think it is highly unlikely. It just doesn't add up here.

Just a thought, a cruise line would never say its too cold to depart from somewhere like New York right?

Edited by Ethanol95

Ovation from Harwich?? I do not see that happening, rather Navigator or Serenade. But I assume Serenade sailing from Copenhagen, and Navigator from Southampton.

Or we have Ovation and Indy from Southampton, and Navi from Harwich...☺️

QUOTE]

I am starting to think that RCI have dropped Harwich and will have all ships sail from Southampton.

Just from the port agent situation with Intercruises, they can be more efficient with multiple ship deployments from the one port along with the fact that apparently Celebrity have pulled out as well.

Is the Serenade going to be sailing 10-11 night Caribbean sailings year round, then go to Boston for the fall season, or will it go to Europe for the summer. I am a little confused by this -- thanks

Those longer sailings from Port Everglades are following the European and Canada/NE deployments for Serenade and would be from late October 2016 to April 2017.