Deployment Schedule 2016-2017. Let the guessing begin

Cruzin-K

3 in September from LAX according to the press release.

Fremantle to Singapore cruise arriving 9 May 2016 still on sale. So no time to please the West Coast USA people on the way to Seattle.

Hi there! Just curious about the departure point for the Pacific Coastal cruises. I didn't see a specific mention of LA (probably bring completely blind!) and someone on another thread said the first would be Seattle to Ensenada (because EX can't get into Vancouver to start the cruise there) and then 2 roundtrips from San Diego.

Do you see her doing something different? I appreciate it's all guesswork at the moment but you and the other contributers on here really have a great handle on things :)

Edited by Cruisingthesuitelife

Hi there! Just curious about the departure point for the Pacific Coastal cruises. I didn't see a specific mention of LA (probably bring completely blind!) and someone on another thread said the first would be Seattle to Ensenada (because EX can't get into Vancouver to start the cruise there) and then 2 roundtrips from San Diego.

Do you see her doing something different? I appreciate it's all guesswork at the moment but you and the other contributers on here really have a great handle on things :)

Good point. They could count one as from Seattle southbound. That would make 2 return cruises.

I was just assuming LA like this year.

Hey bigeck,

The West Coast sailings are in September, after the Alaska season. Three sailings, all of 7 nights according to the press release:

http://m.royalcaribbeanpresscenter.com/press-release/1136/royal-caribbean-announces-2016-europe-and-alaska-adventures/

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Probably the same as I'm doing this year on Jewel. Looks like my Panama Canal isn't going to happen. Think it will have to be the Indy Ta again

Sent from my C6903 using Forums mobile app

Good point. They could count one as from Seattle southbound. That would make 2 return cruises.

I was just assuming LA like this year.

I'd prefer it if it was LA - much better flights from the UK ;)

If the first one is a southbound from Seattle, am I right in thinking it would have to finish in Ensenada/other foreign port due to PVSA? Is there any other port it could start from so that it could finish in LA or San Diego instead? I am sure I read Victoria had been used in the past but may have just been dreaming that!!

Thanks for your response :)

They wouldn't be able to do Seattle to LA due to PVSA. So maybe they will use Ensenada and then do 2 or 3 from La or as you say S Diego

Would love to know if there are going to be any cruises that include Iceland, its on the bucket list.

Serenade Ta includes Iceland. Also Navigator will probably include it from Southampton

You must go the Blue Lagoon in Reykjavik

Edited by bigeck

Would love to know if there are going to be any cruises that include Iceland, its on the bucket list.

The only sailing that appears to include Iceland is the Serenade of the Seas TA leaving on August 28th from Copenhagen.

I was able to make arrangements on a similar crossing last year and actually disembarked early at Reykjavik. (required to pay for the whole cruise) This sailing was heavily discounted close to the sailing date. I was able to enjoy all the early ports and really enjoyed the cruise.

As it appears RCI will not have a ship in Harwich this year, only one ship is doing this crossing.

There is a tour company starting a cruise line now that will do only Iceland sailings.

Serenade Of The Seas Depart: 05:00 PM 08/28/2016 Copenhagen, Denmark

Serenade Of The Seas 10:00 AM - 07:00 PM 08/29/2016 Oslo, Norway

Serenade Of The Seas 10:00 AM - 06:00 PM 08/30/2016 Kristiansund, Norway

Serenade Of The Seas 08/31/2016 At Sea

Serenade Of The Seas 08:00 AM - 05:00 PM 09/01/2016 Klaksvik, Faroe Islands

Serenade Of The Seas 09/02/2016 At Sea

Serenade Of The Seas Arrive: 08:00 AM 09/03/2016 Reykjavik, Iceland

Serenade Of The Seas Depart: 01:00 PM 09/04/2016 Reykjavik, Iceland

Serenade Of The Seas 10:00 AM - 08:00 PM 09/05/2016 Akureyri, Iceland

Serenade Of The Seas 09/06/2016 At Sea

Serenade Of The Seas 09/07/2016 At Sea

Serenade Of The Seas 09/08/2016 At Sea

Serenade Of The Seas 09/09/2016 At Sea

Serenade Of The Seas 09/10/2016 At Sea

Serenade Of The Seas 08:00 AM - 05:00 PM

Serenade Of The Seas 09/12/2016 At Sea

Serenade Of The Seas Arrive: 06:00 AM 09/13/2016 Boston, Massachusetts

Serenade Ta includes Iceland. Also Navigator will probably include it from Southampton

You must go the Blue Lagoon in Reykjavik

As Navigator heads to Miami this year, she most likely will take a more southern route. They have not released the cruise yet, so it could change, but she is booked via Funchal and Tenerife, leaving Southampton the 10 November right now.

They wouldn't be able to do Seattle to LA due to PVSA. So maybe they will use Ensenada and then do 2 or 3 from La or as you say S Diego

No, absolutely they wouldn't. This is why I wondered if like Jewel this year they could look at starting in a different port to enable finishing in a US port. Apparently she won't fit in Vancouver (I've not done the maths/research myself), so that's why I questioned perhaps Victoria if that was a possibility for embarkation?

:)

I can not understand how Explorer could not call on Vancouver. I guess we will know within a couple of weeks and it may turn out to be the case.

Yes, Explorer is 6 ft or 2.2 m wider than Solstice, but when these things come up it is impossible to know without being a 'complete' expert.

Just the fact that the Celebrity Solstice calls on Vancouver would seem to indicate that Explorer would be able to.

Class and type: Solstice-class cruise ship

Tonnage: 121,878 GT[1]

82,363 NT[1]

9,500 DWT[1]

Length: 1,033 ft (314.86 m)

Beam: 121 ft (36.88 m)

Draft: 27 ft (8.23 m)

Class and type: Voyager-class cruise ship

Tonnage: 137,308 GT

105,034 NT

10.937 DWT

Length: 311 m (1,020 ft)

Beam: 38.6 m (127 ft) - Waterline[3]

48 m (157 ft) - Max[3]

Draught: 8.3 m (27 ft)

Information is spotty at best right now.

Jewel arrives at Venice around the 20th of May, 2016.

It is unclear if they are going to include Venice overnights in these sailings.

Jewel is found at Dubrovnik on the 22nd of June returning from Greece to Venice on the 23 June, most likely.

Jewel returns the 3rd of August again to Dubrovnik from Greece and then on into Venice the 4th of August. The same is repeated on the 14th of September and into Venice on the 15th.

She seams to maybe leave Venice on the 28th of September. the 29th at Split.

Where did you find evidence on those dates/itineraries for Jewel otS? Only evidence I have is the Dubrovnik cruise call list for 2016... [emoji5]

Are there any other lists, or even itineraries uploaded anywhere?

I can not understand how Explorer could not call on Vancouver.

Hi MadFlyer.

It looks like Voyager Class air draft is 63.5meters.

Soltice air draft is 61meters

Navigational clearance under the Lion's Gate Bridge is 61m

http://www.vancouversun.com/Cruise+ship+mast+will+altered+under+Lions+Gate+Bridge+next+year/8303017/story.html

"The Celebrity Solstice — one of the world’s newest and tallest cruise ships — is expected to dock in Vancouver next year after the cruise line alters the ship’s mast so it can telescopically retract to fit under the Lions Gate Bridge....."

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1978812

Edited by Hoopster95

I can not understand how Explorer could not call on Vancouver. I guess we will know within a couple of weeks and it may turn out to be the case.

Yes, Explorer is 6 ft or 2.2 m wider than Solstice, but when these things come up it is impossible to know without being a 'complete' expert.

Just the fact that the Celebrity Solstice calls on Vancouver would seem to indicate that Explorer would be able to.

Class and type: Solstice-class cruise ship

Tonnage: 121,878 GT[1]

82,363 NT[1]

9,500 DWT[1]

Length: 1,033 ft (314.86 m)

Beam: 121 ft (36.88 m)

Draft: 27 ft (8.23 m)

Class and type: Voyager-class cruise ship

Tonnage: 137,308 GT

105,034 NT

10.937 DWT

Length: 311 m (1,020 ft)

Beam: 38.6 m (127 ft) - Waterline[3]

48 m (157 ft) - Max[3]

Draught: 8.3 m (27 ft)

It is too tall to fit under Lions Gate Bridge. I'm not sure how Solstice does it, but that would mean Solstice would also be able to go through the 'new' canal when it is completed.

I see on post on a social media site fro Royal that Harmony will be open for booking on 17th March for C&A member only

Someone posted here on CC yesterday about Harmony early booking for C&A members being on 17th March -

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2181084

But is that for all sailings or just Europe or Caribbean or Europe and TA or what :confused:

I can not understand how Explorer could not call on Vancouver. ...

When we did the Pacific Coastal cruise (round trip LA) on Mariner, we visited Victoria to satisfy the requirements of the PVSA.

Hi MadFlyer.

It looks like Voyager Class air draft is 63.5meters.

Soltice air draft is 61meters

Navigational clearance under the Lion's Gate Bridge is 61m

http://www.vancouversun.com/Cruise+ship+mast+will+altered+under+Lions+Gate+Bridge+next+year/8303017/story.html

"The Celebrity Solstice — one of the world’s newest and tallest cruise ships — is expected to dock in Vancouver next year after the cruise line alters the ship’s mast so it can telescopically retract to fit under the Lions Gate Bridge....."

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1978812

Well, Maybe Dry Dock Dave will post pics later of them altering Explorer at the current dry dock.

As the same team deploy the RCI and Celebrity fleet, maybe they are just going to Nanaimo as well then.

As RCI have deployed the ship and they have stated they will have 3 coastal sailings, I guess I am just the type to understand that they have already thought of this and have a planned solution. It will be interesting to see what they present then.

I guess they know their ships better than anyone and they know what is being done at the dry dock.

Edited by MADflyer

When we did the Pacific Coastal cruise (round trip LA) on Mariner, we visited Victoria to satisfy the requirements of the PVSA.

Hi Bob.

No Canadian port is distant foreign port according to the PVSA. Alaska cruises from Seattle are round trip, so any foreign port will do (closed loop to same city start-finish). One way trips between US and Canadian ports are outside the PVSA.

The problem with Explorer is that she can't repo from Seattle to LA unless she visits Ensenada I believe.

If I'm wrong with any of the above I'd really like to know as I've read so many different things on this to;pic it can get confusing.

Someone posted here on CC yesterday about Harmony early booking for C&A members being on 17th March -

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2181084

But is that for all sailings or just Europe or Caribbean or Europe and TA or what :confused:

It doesn't say. I might have a look if the TA is released. Just hope it has some port stops instead of straight across

Was the port of Nanaimo that they mentioned or did they have another port that could handle Mariner as well?

Edited by MADflyer

Well, Maybe Dry Dock Dave will post pics later of them altering Explorer at the current dry dock.

Yes, totally possible. Quantum funnels can retract 15 ft (approx 5meters). I think Oasis can that much as well. No reason why they can't do the same for Explorer. That 5 meter difference would get her under the Lion's Gate :)