Deployment Schedule 2016-2017. Let the guessing begin

Cruzin-K

I'm confused too. If the draft is the only thing that has to be taken into account, Q Class not being able to go to Miami doesn't make sense.

From a quick good search, it seems that Quantum has the same draft as the Getaway, and is only 1-2ft more than the Celebrity Reflection which sails from Miami.

I know for the Panama Canal they always talk about the height of the lifeboats, which I understand, but for Miami it just seems there are some awfully big ships coming in their over the years.

Well, it looks like you will have many varied European itineraries to consider, if you are still looking at Europe for 2016 and did not fasten on that Celebrity sailing.

I know for the Panama Canal they always talk about the height of the lifeboats, which I understand, but for Miami it just seems there are some awfully big ships coming in their over the years.

Well, it looks like you will have many varied European itineraries to consider, if you are still looking at Europe for 2016 and did not fasten on that Celebrity sailing.

Yes, still looking at Europe for 2016, but might just be going to the Caribbean, as we have some extended family who might be going with us next year (and we're planning a big land trip in 2017 to the British Isles!:D). If we end up doing the Caribbean, I'm looking at one of the 8 night Navigator sailings in the spring, and hopefully doing a 5 night Bermuda sailing on Anthem in Oct just to get a taste of that new class of ship. Lots of choices for me in 2016, just not sure yet!

Edited by OfTheSeasCruiser

I'm confused too. If the draft is the only thing that has to be taken into account, Q Class not being able to go to Miami doesn't make sense.

From a quick good search, it seems that Quantum has the same draft as the Getaway, and is only 1-2ft more than the Celebrity Reflection which sails from Miami.

I agree. She has 1 foot more than Navigator.

My opinion is that she sails from Miami in the winter.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

I agree. She has 1 foot more than Navigator.

My opinion is that Ovation does Alaska and then sails from Miami in the winter. Don't know whether she gets to Miami via the canal or does an around the horn.

But Explorer was announced to be doing Alaska (from Seattle) in 2016. Unless you're referring to 2017?

For any ship to fit an any particular port it takes into account all of it's external dimensions.

For draft , it is not just an issue at the channel but at the pier. Plus it must have clearance along the entire length (plus margin). And if the ship must turnaround, the draft in the turn basin must have clearance for the entire length of the ship.

Q-class has a specified draft of 1' more than Getaway, and 80' more in length. This could be enough to exceed the port max or the companies minimum requirements.

But Explorer was announced to be doing Alaska (from Seattle) in 2016. Unless you're referring to 2017?

Hit send then realized I was still thinking my thoughts from before the announcement this morning.

Thought I read that there was nothing listed for Northern Europe/Russia and it looked like Royal had pulled back on that market. Could Ovation do those ports. She is certainly designed for that climate. And alternate that route with the Caribbean?

Edited by Ourusualbeach

For any ship to fit an any particular port it takes into account all of it's external dimensions.

For draft , it is not just an issue at the channel but at the pier. Plus it must have clearance along the entire length (plus margin). And if the ship must turnaround, the draft in the turn basin must have clearance for the entire length of the ship.

Q-class has a specified draft of 1' more than Getaway, and 80' more in length. This could be enough to exceed the port max or the companies minimum requirements.

That's right - and IMHO the Captain, who is actually NAVIGATING the ship must know all technical data and restrictions of both ship and port(s), where to enter and where not... [emoji5].

So I truly belive in his statement that Miami is (currently) not capable for Quantum Class.

I also wouldn't have believed that the slight size difference between Quantum and Freedom Class matters for Betmuda - Liberty, just slightly smaller than Quantum/Anthem, is smaller enough to enter Bermuda port.

So for Miami the same seems to occur.

Edited by celebrity_fan

The current master plan for the Port of Miami is available and seems to state that they need to have a max berth length of 1200 ft with 60 ft separation and thus 1260 operational berths.

The draft is said to be needed to be at least 32 ft.

So, in the report they know what they needed, but I could not find a chart showing what they have there.

http://www.miamidade.gov/portmiami/library/2035-master-plan/cruise-ferry-sec-4.pdf

I apologize if I missed a post about this. If Explorer is doing Alaska in 2016, she must only be down in Australia for 6 months. Anyone have any updated info?

Deployment for RCI is always April to April.

As Explorer enters dry-dock today and sails to the UK following that for cruises from the 24th of April and then crosses to Asia/Australia, she was deployed only as far as a return to Singapore so far on arriving on the 9th of May.

Just as Rhapsody and Radiance have previously done, she was always a candidate for deployment from there to Alaska.

The Alaska schedule may or may not provide clues as to whether she returns to Australia following the Alaska deployment.

While it would be a nice surprise, I am at the point where I would not be completely shocked by a deployment of Ovation at Miami.

I am watching those Anthem bookings at Grand Cayman that do not fit her deployment to Bayonne together with the Indy bookings that can not be actual now that she is heading to Europe.

All other RCI bookings at Cayman turned out to be actual.

RCI could really maximize their use of private Labadee and joint venture Falmouth ports as well.

Could it be possible that we may see a third RCI ship at PC and that it could be Ovation? While sending Oasis to PC is a great thing (should do really well there) and good for Central Florida, consider how many ships are deployed to PE (especially during winter), then consider the RCI investment at the new PC Terminal 1 to end up with only two ships.

Received a e-mail today with this on it not sure if this has been report on here yet or not sorry if it has.

2016 Sailings from Southampton

NAVIGATOR OF THE SEAS - SPAIN, FRANCE & PORTUGAL - 8 NIGHTS

21 May 2016 - Click Here to Pre-Book >

NAVIGATOR OF THE SEAS - NORWAY INC. OLDEN & STAVANGER - 8 NIGHTS

29 May 2016 - Click Here to Pre-Book >

NAVIGATOR OF THE SEAS - CANARY ISLANDS - 10 NIGHTS

6 Jun 2016 - Click Here to Pre-Book >

NAVIGATOR OF THE SEAS - BALTIC INC. COPENHAGEN & AN OVERNIGHT IN ST. PETERSBURG - 12 NIGHTS

16, 28 Jun 2016 - Click Here to Pre-Book >

NAVIGATOR OF THE SEAS - ITALIAN MEDITERRANEAN - 14 NIGHTS

10 Jul, 7 Aug 2016 - Click Here to Pre-Book >

NAVIGATOR OF THE SEAS - MEDITERRANEAN INC. CORSICA & SEVILLE- 14 NIGHTS

24 Jul 2016 - Click Here to Pre-Book >

NAVIGATOR OF THE SEAS - FRANCE & SPAIN - 7 NIGHTS

21 Aug, 15 Oct 2016 - Click Here to Pre-Book >

NAVIGATOR OF THE SEAS - WESTERN MEDITERRANEAN INC. BARCELONA & LISBON - 13 NIGHTS

18 Sep 2016 - Click Here to Pre-Book >

NAVIGATOR OF THE SEAS - CANARIES & NORTH AFRICA - 13 NIGHTS

1* & 28 Oct 2016 - Click Here to Pre-Book >

INDEPENDENCE OF THE SEAS - MEDITERRANEAN INC. ROME & VALENCIA - 14 NIGHTS

14 May 2016 - Click Here to Pre-Book >

INDEPENDENCE OF THE SEAS - FRANCE & SPAIN - 7 NIGHTS

28 May 2016 - Click Here to Pre-Book >

INDEPENDENCE OF THE SEAS - ITALIAN MEDITERRANEAN INC. ROME - 14 NIGHTS

4 Jun, 16 Jul, 13 Aug 2016 - Click Here to Pre-Book >

INDEPENDENCE OF THE SEAS - MEDITERRANEAN BEACHES INC. MALLORCA & CORSICA - 14 NIGHTS

18 Jun, 30 Jul 2016 - Click Here to Pre-Book >

INDEPENDENCE OF THE SEAS - WESTERN MEDITERRANEAN INC. BARCELONA & SEVILLE - 13 NIGHTS

14 May 2016 - Click Here to Pre-Book >

INDEPENDENCE OF THE SEAS - CANARY ISLANDS INC. LANZAROTE & TENERIFE - 10 NIGHTS

9 Sep, 13 Oct 2016 - Click Here to Pre-Book >

INDEPENDENCE OF THE SEAS - PARIS & BRUGES MINI BREAK - 3 NIGHTS

23 Oct 2016 - Click Here to Pre-Book >

Could it be possible that we may see a third RCI ship at PC and that it could be Ovation? While sending Oasis to PC is a great thing (should do really well there) and good for Central Florida, consider how many ships are deployed to PE (especially during winter), then consider the RCI investment at the new PC Terminal 1 to end up with only two ships.

I've been thinking this for a while! IMO, it's definitely a possibility.

As Explorer enters dry-dock today and sails to the UK following that for cruises from the 24th of April and then crosses to Asia/Australia, she was deployed only as far as a return to Singapore so far on arriving on the 9th of May.

Any idea of her time of departure for Cadiz and if she indeed departs today?

I've been thinking this for a while! IMO, it's definitely a possibility.

Both ports that landed Harmony (PE) and Oasis (PC) have been very quiet during the most recent weeks and days including Miami as well. There most be (have been) a lot of discussion with RCI and re-deployment for 2016 thru 2018 as to who gets what and when.

Deployment for RCI is always April to April.

The Alaska schedule may or may not provide clues as to whether she returns to Australia following the Alaska deployment.

Though there is no guarantee, I would expect that the schedule would indicate where she would go following an Alaska deployment, as that deployment won't extend into December (and I suspect won't extend much into October, if it does at all). That is certainly inside the April to April deployment schedule.

And unless the Panama Canal expansion is complete by the end of that deployment, she would either have to go back across the Pacific, or go around South America (not sure if RCI would want to chance the Panama Canal expansion opening being pushed back again).

I do not get up to PC much anymore, but I was working in both Miami and Ft. Lauderdale last week. I even visited RCI's new entertainment studio facility at Florida International University in North Miami.

There are substantial infrastructure projects going on at all the Florida ports that make them all attractive. I think RCI will have continued strong deployments at them all.

A 3rd ship at PC would not seem feasible immediately, but that is only my opinion.

Oh pants, I was so hoping Gib would stay on the Harmony TA itinerary ...och well nevermind...still going to book her TA ...whenever booking opens :D

Thanks Brad for all your hard work on this, very much appreciated :D

Hi Liz, I hope Bob and I will be on this cruise with you, so if you hear when the booking starts let me know in case I miss it:eek::cool:

Don't forget I'm a critter #45:cool:

Carol:)

[quote name=MADflyer;459072}

As Explorer enters dry-dock today and sails to the UK following that for cruises from the 24th of April and then crosses to Asia/Australia' date=' she was deployed only as far as a return to Singapore so far on arriving on the 9th of May.

.[/quote]

I am surprised Explorer is still on sale to Singapore arriving 9 May from Fremantle.

I always knew Royal never announced Asia as part of the Explorer of the Seas deployment but the fact she was always arriving Singapore 9 May that is what always made me think she was not going to Alaska. I looked regularly to see if these cruises were still on sale.

ROYAL CARIBBEAN ANNOUNCES 2016 EUROPE AND ALASKA ADVENTURES

Explorer of the Seas and Radiance of the Seas will reposition to Australia, via Hawaii.

Interesting... A Voyager-class doing the Hawaii/Australia repositioning itineraries! This could be a great cruise (I had a great time on Voyager repositioning Australia to Asia including 5 consecutive sea days... Voyager-class facilities are great for the back-to-back sea days, IMO.) So let's hope Explorer Hawaii<->Australia isn't a one off and it will be repeated in 2017 - I already have a 2016 cruise locked in! :D

I apologize if I missed a post about this. If Explorer is doing Alaska in 2016, she must only be down in Australia for 6 months. Anyone have any updated info?

This is nothing unusual - Royal Caribbean only base ships in Australia for our Summer season. The rest of the year the ships reposition elsewhere, e.g. Asia for Voyager, Vancouver for Radiance.

The last bookable itinerary I can see for Explorer (online and in the 2015/2016 Australian brochure) has Explorer repositioning back to Singapore from Perth (West Coast Australia), sailing 28 April 2016 visiting Phuket Thailand and 3 Malaysian ports of call (West of Singapore) rather than the usual Bangkok Thailand/Ho Chi Minh City Vietnam (East of Singapore) repositioning itinerary which Voyager sails.

The question is what will Explorer do once she reaches Singapore on May 9 2016 (unless this sailing is changed/cancelled?). Perhaps a B2B2B2B starting from Singapore (rather than Sydney)? E.g. Singapore>Sydney>Hawaii>Vancouver.

For what it is worth, Explorer is showing up in some Australia port schedules for 2016/2017 Summer season, which I might add appears to be 5 weeks longer than 2015/2016 (4 weeks earlier, 1 week later). :)

Though there is no guarantee, I would expect that the schedule would indicate where she would go following an Alaska deployment, as that deployment won't extend into December (and I suspect won't extend much into October, if it does at all). That is certainly inside the April to April deployment schedule.

And unless the Panama Canal expansion is complete by the end of that deployment, she would either have to go back across the Pacific, or go around South America (not sure if RCI would want to chance the Panama Canal expansion opening being pushed back again).

Yes, sorry. I should have went on to state that when the 'exotics' come out later for Australia and Asia, we will most certainly know.

I had not really even thought about a large ship deployment to South America, but imagine she would go back to Australia via Asia.

Hi Liz, I hope Bob and I will be on this cruise with you, so if you hear when the booking starts let me know in case I miss it:eek::cool:[/color][/size][/font]

Don't forget I'm a critter #45:cool:

Carol:)

Hey Critter#45 :D...I heard just a few minutes ago that booking will open on 17th March for C&A members for Harmony of the Seas....but I do not know if that will include the TA....hopefully soon someone here will be able to confirm the details for those of us waiting to book Harmony TA.

Any idea of her time of departure for Cadiz and if she indeed departs today?

No, only clue was that Dry Dock Dave is onboard for a 10 day TA from PC. She had stated in the thread Explorer departed today, I thought.

I had not really even thought about a large ship deployment to South America, but imagine she would go back to Australia via Asia.

When Mariner was based out of L.A., she got there via South America, and returned via South America. No reason that Explorer couldn't do the same if they wanted her back in the Caribbean.

My guess is she does go back to the South Pacific, but who knows where RCI wants her in 2017.